TrailerParkDarling

LANA SLEUTHING

"I also believe the reason she went away to school was for music" - the lie her parents told everyone or maybe she really didn't start drinking at 14?

Well if she was drinking this guy definitely wouldn't know if he was a kid at the time, altho if I was Charlie I'd tell him like 'dude my sister's an alcoholic' seems like something tweens would do. But maybe they were even younger than that 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Well if she was drinking this guy definitely wouldn't know if he was a kid at the time, altho if I was Charlie I'd tell him like 'dude my sister's an alcoholic' seems like something tweens would do. But maybe they were even younger than that 

charlie's 8 years younger than her so he would've been 6 or 7 years old when she went away but if they went to school together (i'm guessing they went to high school together too since lake placid is tiny) i would've thought that kind of thing would've gotten around so everyone would know

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

"I also believe the reason she went away to school was for music" - the lie her parents told everyone or maybe she really didn't start drinking at 14?

I don't see him saying that a reason to believe she's lying about her teenage alcoholism - if anything, it validates it even more for me. I mean, if you were the parent in this situation, would you honestly admit the reason your 14 year old daughter was sent away to boarding school was because of an alcohol dependancy? Idk about you but I would much rather lie and give a plausible lie that makes my child look good rather than deal with the judgement and gossip of basically everyone in the town, considering how small it is.

I don't see him saying that a reason to believe she's lying about her teenage alcoholism - if anything, it validates it even more for me. I mean, if you were the parent in this situation, would you honestly admit the reason your 14 year old daughter was sent away to boarding school was because of an alcohol dependancy? Idk about you but I would much rather lie and give a plausible lie that makes my child look good rather than deal with the judgement and gossip of basically everyone in the town, considering how small it is.

yeah, but stuff like that usually doesn't stay secret. i mean i'm sure she told some friends who could've told people etc. etc.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

My boarding school theory:

1) She was sent away to a boarding a school (or exclusive private school) for some reason. Whether it be for sizzling academics or because she was in the pits of alcoholism, we will never know.

2) In order to help "shape" Lana Del Rey, she released "alcoholism" as the reason for her going to boarding school.

3) It was probably a known fact in her area that she went away for school, but it was never public knowledge as to what the true reason was.

4) AND THE BEST PART. The reason people from her town aren't flocking to the internet to expose her "alcoholism" as a lie, is because they don't know. Seeing as they never knew the true reason behind her leaving, or they were lied to about why she left, they will accept "alcoholism" as the reason in the same why the people of Lana boards will......skeptical, but "ok, could be."

If Charlie was about 6 or 7 when she went off to boarding school, I don't think that's something her parents would've sat down and talked to him about that. I think that's more of a conversation they would've had when he got older and began to ask questions. And if her alcoholism is the reason why she went off to boarding school, I'm sure they told him to tell absolutely nothing about the subject.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

If Charlie was about 6 or 7 when she went off to boarding school, I don't think that's something her parents would've sat down and talked to him about that. I think that's more of a conversation they would've had when he got older and began to ask questions. And if her alcoholism is the reason why she went off to boarding school, I'm sure they told him to tell absolutely nothing about the subject.

They probably didn't tell him but children aren't stupid. You can't hide that kind of stuff from them, Lana probably had conversations with her parents about it and she either told her younger sister and brother about it or they eavesdropped their conversations (possibly fights) or something. And I don't see Charlie and Chuck keeping that secret forever, most people can't keep a secret that long. I really don't know what to believe though.

I REALLY don't understand why any intelligent person would send their child with an addiction problem AWAY. If that were true, I'd understand if Lana held resentment toward them in the past.

Really? I thought a lot of people did, or maybe I've been watching too much Intervention?

Anyways according to the "autobiographical" This Is What Makes Us Girls, it would have been a combination of partying, grades dropping, getting in trouble with cops.. so it would make sense to send her to a strict boarding school like KENT.

I REALLY don't understand why any intelligent person would send their child with an addiction problem AWAY. If that were true, I'd understand if Lana held resentment toward them in the past.

Yeah, I never understood that either. I've thought that they maybe wanted to keep her away from friends who may have had a bad influence on her (like in TIWMUG) but boarding school children aren't exactly known for their sobriety. And they probably wanted to keep other people from finding out. I think every child that's sent away by their parents will resent them for at least a while, I mean it's kind of like getting rid of them but they probably figured things out when she was older. Lana also doesn't seem to have the best relationship with her mother so maybe Pat suggested Lana go to boarding school?

Yeah, I never understood that either. I've thought that they maybe wanted to keep her away from friends who may have had a bad influence on her (like in TIWMUG) but boarding school children aren't exactly known for their sobriety. And they probably wanted to keep other people from finding out. I think every child that's sent away by their parents will resent them for at least a while, I mean it's kind of like getting rid of them but they probably figured things out when she was older. Lana also doesn't seem to have the best relationship with her mother so maybe Pat suggested Lana go to boarding school?

As one of your resident "old farts" on the board I need to chip in. The thing I keep realising as I get older is that my parents had no fucking clue what they were doing while raising me. I was a problem child (not like Lana, drinking and partying was my sister's forte) in that I just didn't listen to my parents. I snuck out, talked back, lied, and ran away at one point. And after my step sister went to live with her dad, and with me behaving badly, my parents threatened me with boarding school. I think at that point, because I couldn't go anywhere else and they were at their wits end with me, that was their last resort. My parents weren't rich so it would have nearly bankrupt them if they sent me. They just didn't know what else to do.

Rob and Pat probably were the same, struggling to keep their child under control but at their breaking point. No parent wants to send their children away for someone else to raise them, but when you're at the point where you have no control over them but you don't want to see them dead, you do what you have to do. I hated my parents throughout my teen years because they even tried to send me away. But I didn't understand why until this last year. As I get closer to becoming a parent myself I realize that parents are usually just stumbling around in the dark trying to find their way to raise a good child into a better adult. It's difficult and there is no "manual".

I'm sure Rob and Pat were heartbroken they had to send Lizzy away because it meant they screwed up as parents and they were losing their oldest daughter but it still would have been better than the alternative. She would have been in the hands of professionals who knew what they were doing. Besides we probably wouldn't have LDR without boarding school ;)

Chuck is so pretty, makes even Lizzy look homely at times.

Also here for MANY Mermaid Motel videos. That reminds me--who the hell is the guy in the "Carmen" video?

lololol fuck no.

Homely is that Lorde biatch. 

Yeah, i went there. 

I'm not even a Lorde fan, but people dissing her looks is getting really tiresome. It's off-topic and come on, show some Christmas spirit by NOT trashtalking a 17-years old girl you don't know and who never even claimed to be pretty herself. 

Now back to stalking a 28-years old girl we don't know :creep:

Lana is friends with a woman called Jane Powers, and I don't have FB receipts but they appear to be quite close. I think she's the one Lana mentions in this interview as one of her closest friends:

http://lanadelreyonline.com/lana-del-rey-interviewed-by-elle-uk/

Jane Powers used to be a Fords model, and I would love to know more about Lana's model career. Do any of you know if Jane "scouted" her or something?

(Maybe this belong in minor questions.)

EDIT: She didn't.

Lana is friends with a woman called Jane Powers, and I don't have FB receipts but they appear to be quite close. I think she's the one Lana mentions in this interview as one of her closest friends:

http://lanadelreyonline.com/lana-del-rey-interviewed-by-elle-uk/

Jane Powers used to be a Fords model, and I would love to know more about Lana's model career. Do any of you know if Jane "scouted" her or something?

(Maybe this belong in minor questions.)

I remember us talking about Jane somewhere on the forum a while ago. I think they went to AA meetings together? Like, the Atlantic Group ones. And Jane seemed pretty conservative and... mothering? I used to have screen caps of all of Lana's Facebook statuses but I don't anymore :/

I think I sent them to someone a while ago so could you possibly send them back to me?

I think I sent them to someone a while ago so could you possibly send them back to me?

and me too  :creep:

there was a predetermined search for "jane powers ford models" and this came up as the first result 

born in 67 or 68 (the uncertainty is uncanny)! so mother-type / mentor sounds about right?

ZRBNill.jpg