TrailerParkDarling

LANA SLEUTHING

Ruby Tuesday is rill rill (although this doesn't prove that it could've just been a Rolling Stone's cover or the title for a song we already know about .. ex. Hundred Dollar Bill Demo/EMGHW)

u9Kk7.png

that's the msypace post i'd read on archive.org that i'd referred to when i talked about wanting "ruby tuesday"! and then some people were like "it's not a song/it doesn't exist"! :wtf:

thanks darling for screencapping it :)

http://tiny.abstract...ves/011902.html

I wanna know about the cigarette burning.. haha!

awesome little facts! i want to know who the ex-boyfriends were, ha! if they met her "5 years ago" from 2012, that would make it 2007, so...did they talk to jimmy gnecco? or reeve carney? was the cigarette-burned A&R van wilson? o_O (EDIT: re-read and no, it's probably her current one.)

the spin interviewer left out the best bits, imo!

Guest Maru the Cat

Yes, especially considering that most of it paints her in a flattering light, I'm not sure why they wouldn't use it.

Maybe artists that are well-liked in their personal lives and have no controversy in that regard aren't that interesting. :P

How are you guys this good at stalking. Can you teach a training class?

lol just going through google with various phrases and fixing the years. mostly its luck. a lot of the articles that I bet were the most interesting have been removed.. same with pictures.. they've either been removed or made private

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Guest Maru the Cat

How are you guys this good at stalking. Can you teach a training class?

Young grasshopper, you have much to learn -- why stalk when there are people crazier than you that will willingly dedicate time and effort into finding these things and posting it on the forum?

You need only to sit back and relax and enjoy the informative posts that the crazies of the forum make for us.

Troll-Face-4efef98405000_normal.png

/douchepost

Guest Maru the Cat

Not working, what is this?

I can't see it either. :(

The boyfriends! Meaning he got to actually meet them and ask them about her? HOW?!

My thoughts exactly! He isn't even worthy of conducting interviews with them, everyone knows you as master-sleuther should. >:C (SitarSleuth does have a nice ring to it) :3

Not working, what is this?

The boyfriends! Meaning he got to actually meet them and ask them about her? HOW?!

that is exactly what i thought! damn these dudes (or dudettes, cuz the spin interviewer is jessica hopper) for not including some of the most interesting parts (for us *lanalyzers*) of her history in the final article! i always considered it weird that no one asks her about her past loves in a more direct way (especially because a couple of them are kind of famous). these little extra bits show that they have asked her and that she actually gave up the names, so they were contacted and actually answered questions and commented on her, on the record! why do they not publish these things? boo!!! :(

it would save us so much time and energy spent on sleuthing, wouldn't it?

S7rFJ.gif

imagine:100% facts and no more (or at least less) speculation!

http://www.repeatfanzine.co.uk/interviews/Lana%20Del%20Rey.htm

You'll notice it says thanks to Lana and to Ben @ SSB, for all of their time and help

It was Ben from SSB's (aka her current manager) soundcloud where the second TIWMUG demo+ other tracks were recently found. SMH at that leaker. Gonna report his own ip to him. Also, I just like the "Sex on Ice" playlist she creates. :smiles:

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

i always loved that interview :flutter:

here's something i re-read recently that sheds some light on what really went down behind lana's departure from 5 points records and the way the new management (it's obvs he's talking about ben) un-did her deal with them and were adamant to take LDRAKALG off the (virtual) shelves:

http://www.mtvhive.c...cords-interview (thanks to your link, trailerparkdarling, we know that david nichtern was not only head of the label but also one of america's foremost buddhist meditation teachers!)

also, since i haven't seen it posted here, a 2010 interview with one of the local adirondacks papers: http://www.adirondac...1.html?nav=5050

(evidence that her dad did help her, if not financially, to market the album - and i don't think there's anything wrong with that, he's a fan of what his daughter does and he supports her.)

RIGHT!? I wanna know which ones.

me too! like i said above, if the ex-boyfriend(s) knew her 5 years ago, it would've been 2007 and i speculated it could be jimmy gnecco or reeve carney, but i didn't think of arthur lynn, her guitarist in "lizzy and the phenomena"! she *allegedly* had a fling with him, but who knows?

tumblr_lset3riMId1r0lfe2o1_500.jpg

still, i hope it's jimmy they talked to :blush: now, he's never explicitly referred to lizzy/lana, and we have no photos of them together, but when i heard his song "saints" (written for jeff buckley ♥) that he performed live in 2011 with reeve, and the intro *was* "little girls/put me in a movie" that's a confirmation of sorts to me. maybe he inspired that riff and loved it and thought, "hell, i wanna use it"? along with lizzy's posting of "yayo" on his facebook wall way back when, dedicated to he of the blue ink snake tatoo, and the songs she refers to him by name, well...it's proof enough for me that they were together ;)

P.S. sitar, should this be in LANALYSIS?

one more little thing before i (finally) go to sleep:

May Jailer was born Elizabeth Grant in New York City and grew up in Lake Placid, New York. When she was 14, she attended Kent School, a boarding school in Connecticut. She has Scottish ancestry, and is the daughter of domain investor Rob Grant, who supported her in her early career as a singer.

At age 18, her uncle taught her how to play guitar, beginning with basic chords: “It was G, C, A, D minor, A minor and some diminished chord as well. Some trick, some shortcut,” May recalled. “I realized I could probably write a million songs with those six chords, so I moved to New York and I took a couple of years to just write whatever I wanted. ” She began performing in clubs while living in the city.

i loved the last part on her guitar beginnings (those are the first chords i learned as well!!) and had never read this before!

found it searching the may jailer tag on tumblr :)

http://ldrakalizzygr...ant-in-new-york

still, i hope it's jimmy they talked to :blush: now, he's never explicitly referred to lizzy/lana, and we have no photos of them together, but when i heard his song "saints" (written for jeff buckley ♥) that he performed live in 2011 with reeve, and the intro *was* "little girls/put me in a movie" that's a confirmation of sorts to me. maybe he inspired that riff and loved it and thought, "hell, i wanna use it"? along with lizzy's posting of "yayo" on his facebook wall way back when, dedicated to he of the blue ink snake tatoo, and the songs she refers to him by name, well...it's proof enough for me that they were together ;)

P.S. sitar, should this be in LANALYSIS?

I swear I'll buy some Jimmy Gnecco merch if I ever get the chance to meet Lana and just go to her show in a tee shirt or something. Just that casually :P I KNOW I've seen the screenshot of "Yayo" on his Facebook...it was on a search engine or something. But I'm half convincing myself that I'm just crazy and that never happened. It's really all I could ask for right now.

Relationship discussion probably should be under Lanalysis, really...For instance, I didn't know she may have had a fling with Arthur Lynn! Gosh. Maybe earlier in her career it was more appropriate to ask for names and such...but to actually track them down? Wow!

On-topic: SLEUTHERS, ALL I WANT IS PROOF THAT SHE POSTED "YAYO" ON JIMMY GNECCO'S PROFILE.

It will be wonderful to have one post with the links to all the interviews (maybe listed by years with brief description). There was something like that on the .fm site and was useful to refute false accusations by haters/writers/bloggers in my ongoing effort to be Lana's offensive lineman online.

I think the David Nichtern interview was really informative, and dispels many, many of the false stuff still raised about her. I think it is amazing it took someone as talented as Lana so long to break through, but I also find it incredibly admirable that she didn't give up, kept trying, kept reinventing herself, until it all came together. Great woman!