comeintomybedroom

Tinashe

It wasn't made behind her labels back, they decided to release those songs as a "mixtape", Tinashe called it a the darker side of the tracks or something like that?

They kind of fucked up from the beginning....the release of Player was a mess, all the promo singles, they had no idea what to do with T

Its kind of hard to say, but there are songs that were recorded for Joyride early on that still made the cut (ie, Fires and Flames and He Don't Want It were mentioned in interviews as being Joyride songs ~2015)

Then there's songs that are unreleased but were mentioned as Joyride tracks (ie, Anything Goes I believe was mentioned as a Joyride track in one interview? Can't recall )

And then there's songs that were announced for Joyride, but ended up being put on Nightride (ie, Party Favors & Ride of your life were originally called Joyride singles. Ghetto Boy was mentioned ~2015 as being a Joyride track)

Basically, RCA fucked up from the beginning and should have released all these bops and should be ashamed

I haven't really kept up with her in a while cause Joyride didn't really do anything for me but I'm so glad she finally got full creative freedom. Nightride's one of the best bodies of work from 2016. I'm so excited for her new music. 

qfrWuBl.png

I thought she made Nightride behind her label’s back because they kept making her record pop songs for Joyride

That’s what she said but there were multiple versions of the album and the original concept definitely points to the Company teasers (her driving in her Ferrari in the desert blindfolded etc) and the No Drama original video also being in the desert was also a nod to this “original concept” however the years it took and all the sessions - R&B and Pop - along the way makes it very hard to know what was the true direction and the final project. I just think it’s worth mentioning that Ghetto Boy, Company teasers and No Drama solo video (which were all out of her own pocket and directed by the same guy) all had this similar aspect towards them and were all made in 2015-2018. Plus a lot of the Nightride tracks were registered early on

giphy.gif