Sign in to follow this  
Lily

National Anthem (Monologue)

Forgive me if this is already a topic somewhere, but it's driving me CRAZY!

Who wrote the ending monologue to the NA music video - Lana or Jackie O.? I see it attributed to Jackie, but I can't find proof ANYWHERE. And it sounds like something Lana could have written. Anyone have a link to Jackie having written it?

This has been driving me crazy for ages. ;) 

~ Lily

And I remember when I met him, it was so clear that he was the only one for me. We both knew it, right away. And as the years went on, things got more difficult- we were faced with more challenges.

I begged him to stay. Try to remember what we had in the beginning.

He was charismatic, magnetic, electric and everybody knew it. When he walked in every woman’s head turned, everyone stood up to talk to him. He was like this hybrid, this mix of a man who couldn’t contain himself. I always got the sense that he become torn between being a good person and missing out on all of the opportunities life could offer a man as magnificent as him.

And in that way I understood him and I loved him. I loved him, I loved him, I loved him.

And I still love him. I love him.

I'm 99% sure that it was Lana who wrote it. It's often attributed to Jackie, but I can't see any evidence of it having being written by her. Personally, I think it matches Lana's writing style and I highly doubt that Jacqueline would have written something like this.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Yeah I think Lana wrote it and people made up that story it was Jackie's letter. There's this "scan" that looks fake and if you trace the image it only shows Lana-related sites so...

tumblr_m6bbtmGSaa1qhwbm7o1_500.jpg

The scan is so fake, there is literally no context to what she is saying. I think fans got confused because the beginning of the NA video (with Lana as Marilyn signing Happy Birthday is 'real'), so they probably assumed that Jacqueline's end was also 'real'.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Right. Apart from the anachronistic language ("He was like this hybrid ..."), it doesn't have any connection to JFK's life with Jackie, and it especially wouldn't have been appropriate for the day of his assassination. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Thanks guys!  I can't believe how hard it is to find out lol But that probably means it is Lana, since I would think an historical quote would be easier to track.

I don't know where I read it but I always heard/believed it was definitely written by Lana but inspired by real letters Jackie wrote at various points in history (or maybe even one). It was always my favorite theory. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.