Deleted User

Arca

as someone who hasn't heard any other Arca project besides these KiCks (dw im def listening to the rest of her discog once its all said and done) Araña might be my new favorite song of hers (previous was Calor). It's actually one of the most hypnotic tracks I've ever heard I love it

The rest of the album

uhhh

I really enjoy the entire first half (besides the first half of Lethargy)

but after Araña the album falls off imo

it's not that I think the rest of the second half sucks I just think it loses focus and is a step down in quality, at least imo 

really love Andro though, definitely one of the highlights

Still excited for the rest of the series though!!!!

kick ii is underwhelming for now, none of the other songs clicked with me the way prada and rakata did, also the 2nd half sounds just messy... still can't wait for other KICKs tho, but im really scared all of them sound this way. Thank god there's still 3 of them coming bc i'd be really disappointed

"KicK iii sounds unhinged in the best way possible. It’s music to feel indestructible to, a mode that Arca does like almost no other. Over the past decade, Arca has built herself up to be simultaneously sensitive and intimidating — there’s plenty of vulnerability displayed throughout the rest of these albums, but iii surrounds her with bulletproof glass."

"iiii is the most adventurous, mesmerizing and porous — check out the xx-adjacent “Boquifloja.” There’s also a spoken word pump-up courtesy of Garbage’s Shirley Manson and a hypnotic guest appearance from New York experimentalist No Bra. iiiii is beautiful in the same way her 2017 self-titled album was — lots of piano and muffled choral runs, plus there’s a track with the legend Ryuichi Sakamoto. It’s an appropriate, meditative conclusion to the project as a whole."

https://www.stereogum.com/2168777/arca-kick-iii-review/reviews/album-of-the-week/

Via Stereogum:

iiiii is beautiful in the same way her 2017 self-titled album was — lots of piano and muffled choral runs, plus there’s a track with the legend Ryuichi Sakamoto. It’s an appropriate, meditative conclusion to the project as a whole.

So the piano Kick wasn't cancelled :wat:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

3 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Via Stereogum:

iiiii is beautiful in the same way her 2017 self-titled album was — lots of piano and muffled choral runs, plus there’s a track with the legend Ryuichi Sakamoto. It’s an appropriate, meditative conclusion to the project as a whole.

kick iv already being my fav

4 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

it's changed a lot tho lmao. it was supposed to be solely piano tracks originally with no vocals or effects. just piano. 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm