TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

13 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I think that is a VERY broad understanding of that genre andit's sound - which, although diverse, is actually pretty profilic. Yeah, dreamy andmelancholic vibes with strings, reverb and slow beats are a huge part of it, but I woul never think of HM as trip hop. I also listened to it "for all of mylife", so when I think about it, I envision Portishead, Massive Attack, Bowery Electric, Archive's Londinium, Tricky's Maxinquaye, Laika, Flying Lotus, Bonobo, DJ Cam, Lamb, early Moloko etc. And HM is really not close to any of this.

Speaking of Tricky, Lana needs to cover this on LDR8 :hair:

Spoiler

This one too (imagine her singing Elizabeth Fraser's part)

Spoiler

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now, Bunny Mozart said:

Speaking of Tricky, Lana needs to cover this on LDR8 :hair:

Hide contents

This one too (imagine her singing Elizabeth Fraser's part)

Hide contents

I think "Dissolved Girl" or "Black Melt/ Black Milk" would be a great song for her to do IF she would ever cover a Massive Attack song.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

let me manifest it again

with ALL THE REASONS WHY LANA DEL REY SHOULD HAVE COVERED "MY MELANCHOLY BLUES" BY QUEEN.

• lana has referenced and praised every rock band in the world except queen (the only thing i saw of them in lana's work was the brian may footage in the axl rose "gramma" music video);
  • the song's got everything she likes: a legendary glamorous musician, piano and "blue" tone;
  • the lyrics are TBD's distant cousin ("my baby left me") with a flavor of what lana showed us about the new album

- "let me get in that sinking feeling" "don't expect me to behave perfectly and wear that sunny smile" "don't try and stop me" = the way people never let lana show any darn kind of gloom in her lyrics without saying she's romanticizing sadness

- "i'm in the news, i'm just getting used to my new exposure, so come into my enclosure and meet my blues"... i think it's a perfect match with the response she gave to those articles in the early "rock candy sweet" ig stories.

• MMB is pure jazz, just like summertime the gershwin version. so i think lana would do queen's song gorgeously;
  • also, check the 1977 live version of MMB, all the drama freddie put into it. if lana was to sing it the same way, we'd have million dollar man 2.0.

On 5/24/2021 at 2:23 PM, drivingdarling said:

let me manifest it again

with ALL THE REASONS WHY LANA DEL REY SHOULD HAVE COVERED "MY MELANCHOLY BLUES" BY QUEEN.

• lana has referenced and praised every rock band in the world except queen (the only thing i saw of them in lana's work was the brian may footage in the axl rose "gramma" music video);
  • the song's got everything she likes: a legendary glamorous musician, piano and "blue" tone;
  • the lyrics are TBD's distant cousin ("my baby left me") with a flavor of what lana showed us about the new album

- "let me get in that sinking feeling" "don't expect me to behave perfectly and wear that sunny smile" "don't try and stop me" = the way people never let lana show any darn kind of gloom in her lyrics without saying she's romanticizing sadness

- "i'm in the news, i'm just getting used to my new exposure, so come into my enclosure and meet my blues"... i think it's a perfect match with the response she gave to those articles in the early "rock candy sweet" ig stories.

• MMB is pure jazz, just like summertime the gershwin version. so i think lana would do queen's song gorgeously;
  • also, check the 1977 live version of MMB, all the drama freddie put into it. if lana was to sing it the same way, we'd have million dollar man 2.0.

YES, OMG! One of my favourite songs in the world :wub:

Let's pray and manifesting this together sis

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

my DREAM lana del rey cover, somebody brought this up in the pre-release thread for as&c and now i've discovered the doors :smile: also, we need a studio version of "roadhouse blues", a cover of "light my fire" or "the crystal ship" would be a delight, if she's feeling experimental, she could cover "the end"! :smile:  Kermit Dancing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

WGe8ynS.gif

59 minutes ago, Mer said:

Probably been mentioned but “Wild Horses”

Omg yes!!! I’ve always thought her voice would suit this so well—probably would have fit COCC pretty decently, too 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

this is so random and probably seems strange since i know lana isn't exactly suited to the reggae genre lol, but i feel like she'd be able to cover the song My Willow Tree by Alton Ellis really beautifully for some reason??

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Hotel Carlifornia by Eagles and Heroin by The Velvet Underground

Beskrivning saknas.

Lilac Wine by Nina Simone/Jeff Buckley (I’ll take a cover from Lana based on either interpretation because both are amazing)!

So Far Away by Carole King

I Talk to the Wind by King Crimson

Any Amy Winehouse song (maybe Valerie or Wake Up Alone or You Know I’m No Good)

Chick Habbit by April March ! (I don't get how the fuck to embed a video apparently lmao)

Beskrivning saknas.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:34 PM, lovecherrymotion said:

idk if anyone else said it, but i would kill to hear lana cover an amy winehouse song.

Thissss!!! I’ve always wondered what Amy song would suit lana because I can’t imagine what song she would cover or even how it would sound. As much as I love Lana I have no idea how she would pull an Amy song off I’ve yet to find someone who can fully do Amy justice hahaha 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

My Funny Valentine by Ella Fitzgerald

Spoiler

Autumn Leaves by Vera Lynn

Spoiler

Ghost Riders in the Sky by Mary McCaslin

Spoiler

Shine on Harvest Moon by Ruth Etting

Spoiler

Johnny Guitar by Peggy Lee

Spoiler

Slow Like Honey by Fiona Apple

Spoiler

One Silver Dollar by Marilyn Monroe

Spoiler

Vincent by Don McLean

Spoiler

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I would love Lana to cover the Star Spangled Banner, like have her do a faithful rendition of the anthem without all those unnecessary trills and runs and vocal gymnastics all these “vocalists” do every time they sing it

Also, to spare this page from lag with embedding videos:

Sarah Klang - Endless Sadness

Dolly Parton - I Hope You're Never Happy

Dolly Parton - Satin Sheets

Skeeter Davis - The End of the World (I know we have this one, but an updated not live version lol)

Mazzy Star - Fade Into You

Amy Winehouse - Love Is a Losing Game (Original Version)

Amy Winehouse - Wake Up Alone

Amy Winehouse - Take the Box

Judy Garland - Embraceable You

Judy Garland - Over the Rainbow

Julie London - Cry Me a River

Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Barbra Streisand - My Man

8V7Yvel.png