TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

Of course it'll never happen bc this band isn't really all that widely known, but this song is so very Lana. I mean, c'mon, it's literally called Witch! -- "Lana Del Rey - WITCH!" 

I feel like it could've fit perfectly onto LDRAKALG, but the lyrics and the quirkiness of the track are just so her. 

I actually made my own little fan video of this song using old Lizzy Grant music video clips which maybe I should post here sometime, it just fit together all too well.

Yes, I am a witch
And I have conjured you
For my bidding
And all my charms and all my accidents
Are all just instruments
To lock you up

How could I know my spell was broke?
I am nothing like the girl you thought I was without your love
How could I haunt you, keep you close
When you can see my seams, the fraying of my dress?
I am defenseless

Yes, I am a carnival
A house of mirrors
And I will con you
And all my tricks and all my magic
Will keep you dizzy
With desire

:illumilana:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 minutes ago, Elle said:

Of course it'll never happen bc this band isn't really all that widely known, but this song is so very Lana. I mean, c'mon, it's literally called Witch! -- "Lana Del Rey - WITCH!" 

I feel like it could've fit perfectly onto LDRAKALG, but the lyrics and the quirkiness of the track are just so her. 

I actually made my own little fan video of this song using old Lizzy Grant music video clips which maybe I should post here sometime, it just fit together all too well.

Yes, I am a witch
And I have conjured you
For my bidding
And all my charms and all my accidents
Are all just instruments
To lock you up

How could I know my spell was broke?
I am nothing like the girl you thought I was without your love
How could I haunt you, keep you close
When you can see my seams, the fraying of my dress?
I am defenseless

Yes, I am a carnival
A house of mirrors
And I will con you
And all my tricks and all my magic
Will keep you dizzy
With desire

:illumilana:

i was JUST listening to this song last night. the taste!

16 minutes ago, irongates said:

i was JUST listening to this song last night. the taste!

Omg, another Bird & the Bee fan!! Yay!! I finally saw them live last year after 10 years of being a fan. I got to chat w/ Inara after the show and she complimented my LDR phone case lol x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

this would fit lana's voice so beautifully, musically it reminds me a bit of the good life at times

i think this would be a better closing cover for uv than the other woman

this is my absolute dream --- plus it's perfect for the spooky season :fabcat:

also at like 2:35 ish can u imagine Lana's wailing vocals there :defeated:

:legend::legend::legend:

She held me spellbound in the night
Dancing shadows and firelight
Crazy laughter in another room
And she drove herself to madness with a silver spoon 

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

1 hour ago, cherri said:

this is my absolute dream --- plus it's perfect for the spooky season :fabcat:

also at like 2:35 ish can u imagine Lana's wailing vocals there :defeated:

She held me spellbound in the night
Dancing shadows and firelight
Crazy laughter in another room
And she drove herself to madness with a silver spoon 

A million times yes!! I was just thinking about this the other day! I was listening to the Eagles and Witchy Woman came on and I thought “ugh, I forgot how much Lana would kill this song!” The guitars are to die for. I feel like Lana would also do an amazing job of “One of These Nights” by the Eagles and of course “Hotel California” :wub:

My Melancholy Blues by Queen!

The jazzy piano instrumentals give me a lot Honeymoon + NFR vibes, and the lyrics are like you mashed up The Blackest Day with but i have it (hope).

I like to imagine the "Body Electric" persona singing it, but accepting that they got hurt. By the end, Freddie says he's "in the news and just getting used to his new exposure", so... yeah, I'd say it matches Lana so much, specially in this era.

btw I've made a video edit of Lana with that song, inspired by her old homemade music videos. When I get the time, I'll post it in the "Video Art" topic.

https://open.spotify.com/track/11l4zkv331BNC1FJlH27gO?si=YEhAtG2SR7eH90mt6Zj4nQ

So this covers album just has me wishing for a slew of songs I'd love to hear Lana cover. If she were to do just one of these, I'd be ❤

Cool fact... Gwen Stefani did an amazing cover of this Chet Baker track back in the 90s. It was only available on a free CD called 'Stormy Weather' that was passed out to AT&T  customers and came pre-loaded with dial-up internet software ? The CD was a concert of all women doing classic American songs. Bjork and Stevie Nicks were other featured artists. I actually own this CD because a coworker of mine in 1998 was an AT&T customer and received the CD. He hated the songs and was going to throw it away, but gave it to me instead. Still one of my fave CDs to listen to ?

Anyway, I've said it on other LanaBoard's topics... I'm so fucking excited for this covers album, I think it's going to be really amazing ?

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png