TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

Returning since a covers album is a hot topic.

Probably anyone could do "Dream a Little Dream of Me" and I'd love it. But especially Lana.

Also "Jewel Box" by Jeff Buckley.

More songs by Leonard Cohen - Suzanne or Hallelujah. They really suit her voice. Other: The Boxer Rebellion - Doubt, Lykke Li - Tonight, Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out, maybe Ed Sheeran - The A Team.  :crossed:

Total pipe dream: "Dance Me to the End of Love" with Antony and the Johnsons. Since she's sang it before, it's a duet, and she loves A&tJ. Miss when she'd talk about Antony--such a random love amidst all her "masters" of every genre.

Or "Knocking on Heaven's Door", something they've both done.

You Go To My Head -  Bea Wain, Patti Page, a hundred others...

Cry Me A River (she may have already recorded this...) - Julie London

I Don't Want To Walk Without You - Helen Forrest

Deep Purple - Bea Wain

All The Things You Are - Frank Sinatra

And many more...

Honestly, I would like to hear Lana sing anything, and i can't get her voice singing "White Rabbit" out of my head since someone above suggested it.

No Lana version of "Riders on the Storm", but here she is singing "Roadhouse Blues" with Camp Freddy.

i'd like some rock from lana but i don't like when she tries to sound like a man so maybe something by hole would be good. doll parts or violet maybe

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I skimmed over this so many times just because it takes a lot for me to listen to Selena because of all the nostalgia that hits me, but I'm in that mood today, and this was one of my favorite songs from Selena of all time.

Lana would nail it. I keep getting her "I can speak Spanish," line from "Back to tha Basics" stuck in my head whenever I think of this. SHE WOULD JUST...GAH.

Her unreleased stuff shows how raw and emotional she can really get with her singing; there are sometimes where the emotion is just so there with Lana that it can either really pump me up or really fuck me up for a bit. And Selena was always the same way, especially all throughout "Como La Flor." And the way she sings those last two notes of the chorus...gah. :icant:

Throw in some of Lana's summery-toned styles, her emotional delivery, and blend it with a little Tejano flair, and we got Lana's next single/cover.

English OR Spanish. It doesn't matter to me. Hell, it does, I'd rather her release both versions. I don't even care if the English was loosely translated or spot-on, she'd make a killer English tribute and a sexy, bright Spanish cover.

I WILL SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE TRYING TO GET LANA TO DO THIS. FOR BOTH OF US, CLEO. FOR. BOTH. OF. US. :fact:

I skimmed over this so many times just because it takes a lot for me to listen to Selena because of all the nostalgia that hits me, but I'm in that mood today, and this was one of my favorite songs from Selena of all time.

Lana would nail it. I keep getting her "I can speak Spanish," line from "Back to tha Basics" stuck in my head whenever I think of this. SHE WOULD JUST...GAH.

Wow, I really enjoyed reading this and I totally agree with you! I feel like if L were ever to cover this song, it would be S's live version where she starts off singing CLF slowly. She's been speaking Spanish during her performances of Carmen so why not, right?!

Wow, I really enjoyed reading this and I totally agree with you! I feel like if L were ever to cover this song, it would be S's live version where she starts off singing CLF slowly. She's been speaking Spanish during her performances of Carmen so why not, right?!

We. Are. SO on the same page.

Also, just listened to this personal throwback while :quote: floating about. :quote:

NO ONE can say no to that. No one. If you don't think about it, it's almost like listening to her. I swear. You all can staple my ears to my cheeks if I am wrong. :byeh8rs:

Which I'm not.

I'm feeling very smug and fulfilled having had this moment and giving birth to this idea from my cerebral womb.

EDIT: Also, um...am I going to be the only person that also says a Lana-fied cover of "Too Much" by Spice Girls would also probably complete my life?

AND, AND, AND pretty much ANY Anna Calvi song, especially "No More Words," "First We Kiss," "Desire," and Calvi's cover-style of the Shirelles' "Baby, It's You."

Edited by Vinny Vidi Vici