Sitar

Eminem Raps About Punching Lana Del Rey

This really bothers me because she said in an interview a couple years ago how much she loved Eminem. I can only imagine what it would feel like to have someone you've admired and looked up to for awhile speak so violently against you. I don't care what the context was or whether or not he meant it; it's still really mean and she's literally the sweetest person.

I don't get why you get so defensive when Eminem raps about hitting Lana when bitch sings about a guy hitting her in like 3 of every 5 songs. I can't do the math tbh  :bye2:

The only reason is that Eminem is embarrassing trash oops!

That guy is racist, lgbtphobic, misogynist and we're "overreacting"?

Why can't it be both? These things are not mutually exclusive.

"overreacting" about violence against women? Oh god

Yes, I think you are. In this instance. Here's why: I don't think his invocation of Lana Del Rey as the object of his misogynistic fantasy is random.

I don't get why you get so defensive when Eminem raps about hitting Lana when bitch sings about a guy hitting her in like 3 of every 5 songs.

I think Mr. Marshall Bruce Mathers III is not only playing off his deserved reputation for misogynistic lyrics about violence against women, but also the fact that Lana's lyrics and interviews make it sound as if she's into it. Em's trolling y'all.

she said in an interview a couple years ago how much she loved Eminem.

LDR: Well, like, when I found Eminem for the first time he really changed my life because I didn't know that music could be intelligent, like, he was talking about his own life and, like, he wasn't just rhyming over music just for rhyme's sake, like he was really talking about the way that things were and so that made me think, like, I could also, I wouldn't rap but I could also, you know, like talk about the way that things actually were instead of just making stupid music, like, to try and sell it. Um, so, I mean, he's... and also he’s a genius, I mean, he's just, he happens to be a genius, so I love him and then of course I love Frank Sinatra because for the first, when I heard his voice for the first time I couldn't believe it was real. It was just the most, he had like a golden voice, like a golden tone on his voice. So, you know, like Eminem was the master of lyrics but Frank Sinatra was like the master of vocals, so I really just like the masters from every different genre. And of course, when I saw Kurt Cobain for the first time and I could, I just felt I, I felt like I knew what he was singing about and so...

RNBJUNK: Would you like to collaborate with Eminem?

LDR: I do really love Eminem. Usually, when people ask me that question I usually say, "No, I'm just doing my own thing," but I have to say I fucking love Eminem. Sorry.

Source

And now your Moment of Zen:

cEpDOo2.png

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Why can't it be both? These things are not mutually exclusive.

Yes, I think you are. In this instance. Here's why: I don't think his invocation of Lana Del Rey as the object of his misogynistic fantasy is random.

I think Mr. Marshall Bruce Mathers III is not only playing off his deserved reputation for misogynistic lyrics about violence against women, but also the fact that Lana's lyrics and interviews make it sound as if she's into it. Em's trolling y'all.

Source

And now your Moment of Zen:

cEpDOo2.png

So he's a stan (oop) but can he still die like in general?

Having a reputation as being a misogynist and then acting like a misogynist isn't really playing off anything. I'm glad that someone's standing up for the poor guys who get in trouble for belting women, though. It must be rough only being able to hit someone big enough to fight back.   :bye2:

[Edit: I'm accusing Eminem of doing this, not evilentity]

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Eminem>>>>>> any of the "rappers" you lyke tbh 

And your are overreacting about this thing. 

I can admit that he's a good rapper but he lacks lyrical quality, doesn't rap about real issues and he's the 90's male equivalent to Iggy Azalea. Just a white guy deemed the "best in his genre" because he's an anomoly and that was capitalized upon early in his career.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I can admit that he's a good rapper but he lacks lyrical quality, doesn't rap about real issues and he's the 90's male equivalent to Iggy Azalea. Just a white guy deemed the "best in his genre" because he's an anomoly and that was capitalized upon early in his career.

LOL. You're so wrong. 

I actually think Eminem is "gifted" and all the crap that everyone says about him ad nauseum - but it doesn't mean I don't still think his music is horrendous and he's not a complete fucking cliche.

Just because someone clearly has skill doesn't mean they're actually enjoyable to listen to - I really struggle to understand how so many people can like his music. But to each his own. And yeah the lyric especially annoys me as a Lana fan - sure.  but god when is he gonna rap about something else? It's always namedropping celebrities, hitting women, whining about his white trash upbringing and how angry and crazy he is. I've been saying this for years. Like any pop star, he panders to a fanbase, which I'll refrain from making sweeping comments about.

At least LDR talks about her pussy here and there and having affairs with older men.

Love when I see the old Lizzy Grant fb posts. lmao good stuff. Makes me like her personality even more. I just wonder what she personally thinks of the line? If she takes it as flattery considering her lyrics and that he named dropped her and I am sure he knows she likes him. He is so weak these days imo. He has massive selling power because every white boy in the trailer park wanted to be him. He is their God. They watch 8 Mile all damn day. 

I don't get why you get so defensive when Eminem raps about hitting Lana when bitch sings about a guy hitting her in like 3 of every 5 songs. I can't do the math tbh  :bye2:

I don't know if you're serious or not... but Lana singing about *wanting* a guy to hit her sexually isn't the same as getting punched twice in public and getting knocked unconscious. 

And there ain't no way she couldn't be hurt or offended by that line lol. Imagine someone who you've loved so long dissing you by saying he'd punch the shit out of you. Smh.