Sitar

Eminem Raps About Punching Lana Del Rey

Lol. Ya'll over reacting. And even Lana would agree that you're wrong.

Can you evolve your thought? All you say is people are overreacting. But to what? The lyrics? Lyrics about beating woman? Take Lanas name away and insert any other female, would still be overreacting?

Chris Brown be like : damn I should have thought about those lyrics before. Eminem stole my thoughts

glgcDdT.gif

Can you evolve your thought? All you say is people are overreacting. But to what? The lyrics? Lyrics about beating woman? Take Lanas name away and insert any other female, would still be overreacting?

Chris Brown be like : damn I should have thought about those lyrics before. Eminem stole my thoughts

Yes, to the lyrics. His music is largely about having a sense of humor. Why he chose Lana, not sure, maybe because she equates domestic violence to being kissed. I can see why people would be offended by the Ray Rice reference, but let's get real, people have made jokes about far worse things like the holocaust,etc,etc.  Also, if you guys are reacting like this I hope none of you are fans of Azealia Banks who has used homophobic slurs in the past, forget to who, but I remember that. Or Nick fans, considering that new video. I, personally, don't expect all jokes (or other themes in general) to be politically correct. And I think he was just fucking around. 

Yes, to the lyrics. His music is largely about having a sense of humor. Why he chose Lana, not sure, maybe because she equates domestic violence to being kissed. I can see why people would be offended by the Ray Rice reference, but let's get real, people have made jokes about far worse things like the holocaust,etc,etc.  Also, if you guys are reacting like this I hope none of you are fans of Azealia Banks who has used homophobic slurs in the past, forget to who, but I remember that. Or Nick fans, considering that new video. I, personally, don't expect all jokes (or other themes in general) to be politically correct. And I think he was just fucking around. 

tumblr_mukdbzsI0z1srczrno4_250.gif

Well it's true there are very funny parts of the rap, like where he brags about his dick being seven inches long, and then realises that that's not such a brag after all, and quickly changes it to 'seven inches off the ground'. That shows either a great deal of self-awareness, or none at all, but it is at least punching up (towards his own jaw). Punching down, in comedy - like against, for example, women who have been beaten up by their partner - is looked down upon because it's just bullying. The sadness that underlies the whole Eminem project doesn't redeem the poor humour.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

That moment when you regret asking someone to evolve their thoughts.

glgcDdT.gif

I don't care about it being Lana. It's just the fact his lyrics are awful and degrading...and there's nothing humorous about it.

Lana probably doesn't care, but that doesn't mean shit to me. It's just terrifying that he's made millions off lyrics like this and that tons of people worship him for it.

I don't care about it being Lana. It's just the fact his lyrics are awful and degrading...and there's nothing humorous about it.

Lana probably doesn't care, but that doesn't mean shit to me. It's just terrifying that he's made millions off lyrics like this and that tons of people worship him for it.

Haha I picture Lana's reaction to this song to be like the face she does in your avatar ..

Yeah, I don't know ... I think he's really an important artist in the Rap Game but that thing he has with women ... Like "The Warning" ? Wtf ? 

You might say he killed Mariah in it, but I stan for her, she stood up for herself, made a minor Hit with "Obsessed", and when he said that if she wouldn't shut up, he'd released pictures. She didn't and released "Up Out My Face". Still no pictures ... I think her song "Clown" really portrays him accurately. 

That's it, I'll turn my Lamb status off, for now ^^ 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Glad people who said Eminem was their fav are suddenly joining the hate wagon. He's talked about his domestic violence with Kim in several songs. It isn't like domestic violence is anything new in his music. If he didn't name drop Lana 99% of y'all wouldn't even give a shit. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Eminem>>>>>> any of the "rappers" you lyke tbh

And your are overreacting about this thing.

a racist, mysoginist, homophobe guy kisding the mirror whenever he's alone. Yeah really ">".

I don't really care about the line tho, I don't think Lana is offended or anything. There were enough stupid songs about her already.

apart from this Nonaminem always dropped names in order to stay relevant. Rude and stupid, but so immature it's not worth to mention.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

That guy is racist, lgbtphobic, misogynist and we're "overreacting"?

BLESS YOU.

Dude is as disgusting as always, and he only gets away with it because of his identity AND the fact that he's got legions of stupid, -ist 12 y/o boys and assorted dudebros.

I don't really care about the line tho, I don't think Lana is offended or anything. There were enough stupid songs about her already.

Wait, what other songs? I remember like one, by some no-name.

i am nothing and should be everything

How would you feel if it said: "Lana Del Rey raps about punching Eminem". I mean, besides excited as she must've released something new for that to be true. :cuteface:

... That's what I thought. :awk:

BTW, he also smears Britney Spears in the same rap. There's a link to the whole show (a couple of rappers perform) in the article below. E is in the last 7 mins or so of it (the finale).

Don't know Eminem's work. However, saying "like Ray Rice", a person universally condemned in the media right now (thanks @@Viva for first pointing that out) doesn't simply imply pro-mysogny. Still there is a lot of anger (and abusive imagery) in his rap. I think it's one of those what-should-the-limits-of-art be conumdrums and I'm sure he doesn't bear LDR any ill will (I mean why should he?). She was just the person that worked the best in the lyric.

He could deflect things quite a bit by just tweeting the song has its own agenda and people should not conclude he would do in real life what he raps about. 

K, Eminem's best tracks were "Kim" and "Bonnie & Clyde" because they totally shocked you. And these songs were tight, they were brilliantly written and performed. I don't care about the topic of the songs. Art is free and when you wanna tell a tale, you better do it the right way and he did.

I don't support the idea that artists should be just all about fluff and self-empowerment, playing a role model. Lana herself also never justifies for the behaviour of the characters in her songs. 

One of Eminem's problems is that he is recording basically the same material since the 1990's. And it's gotten so boring, so quickly.

he gets away because he's a rich white cis-het man

He wasn't always rich but he was always an ass, so let's not make the big white man guilty of this too.  He gets away because tons of girls love his psycho old ass and keep buying his shit. Same with Fist Brown, go look to his fan base, most are dumb-Numb girls.Keep buying he keeps making $$$$, if it sells why would he change? He wouldn't have a career if people ignore him.

glgcDdT.gif

How would you feel if it said: "Lana Del Rey raps about punching Eminem". I mean, besides excited as she must've released something new for that to be true. :cuteface:

... That's what I thought. :awk:

Honestly, I think the Ray Rice mention and comparison is the worst part. Did you see the video of him punching his fiancé? He knocks her out, after spiting on her face twice,  and drags her like a potato sack through the elevator floor. That scene is bizarre. So mentioning he would do the same to Lana is just...specially because US seems to have a problem in dealing with woman abuse since the guy didn't get expelled from the NFL. Amuses me hes still allowed to play. I'm all about freedom of expression and all I don';t condemn much, but that elevator video stuck with me, so in a sense I think is uncalled for someone, as famous as Eminem.  to spread approval over a violent and bizarre action a famous football player did and wasn't punished for

glgcDdT.gif