Sign in to follow this  
Just Cherry

I Can Fly

Why are there so many periods this isn't a prose poem

my thoughts exactly

Not that it really matters, but I did it from my phone and every time I double space it adds a period and the space bar is right next to the return/enter button. Too lazy to care, just wanted to get the lyrics up. :)

Not that it really matters, but I did it from my phone and every time I double space it adds a period and the space bar is right next to the return button. Too lazy to care.

It doesn't! It just peeved me because I'm crazy about how text looks

Thank you for typing out the lyrics though

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Not that it really matters, but I did it from my phone and every time I double space it adds a period and the space bar is right next to the return/enter button. Too lazy to care, just wanted to get the lyrics up. :)

OCD is a hereditary disorder in my family..... gives me the joy of experiencing these moments  :pft:

Guest Dot

Anyone else hear L.A.? 

Yup. I'm hearing L.A. too. Makes much more sense anyway...

Anyone else hear L.A.?

I only hear it if I'm trying to, I'm really not sure.

Yup. I'm hearing L.A. too. Makes much more sense anyway...

LA makes more sense? Than a lake? With water?

Still hearing dreaming of a.. and not dreaming of LA. I hear an "a" sound before the "l" sound. Don't really know though.

Still hearing dreaming of a.. and not dreaming of LA. I hear an "a" sound before the "l" sound. Don't really know though.

L.A. makes more sense because that's just a place she always sings about. She's always dreaming of L.A.

And this also would tie it moreso to Hollywood because that has a verse about swimming in L.A.

Makes sense to me.

Not to mention I don't hear the hard "k" sound at all.

9ISvyf0.gif

L.A. makes more sense because that's just a place she always sings about. She's always dreaming of L.A.

And this also would tie it moreso to Hollywood because that has a verse about swimming in L.A.

Makes sense to me.

Not to mention I don't hear the hard "k" sound at all.

I see your point and I think either make sense, honestly, and I'm still not sure and there's really no way to tell for sure.

I'll edit the section though!

EDIT: I'm actually gonna go with L.A. on this. :)

It has to be something along the lines of that, since it makes sense with the common legend that phoenixes rebirth from their ashes, she's comparing rising out of the water like a phoenix would from ashes/flame.

Such beautiful lyrics, I got strong Sucré vibes with this song.

I very clearly hear "where I'd rise like a Phoenix or an iron from the fire" .....

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

I very clearly hear "where I'd rise like a Phoenix or an iron from the fire" .....

I hear "Soaring" not "or an iron" but I did think that made sense though

I'm pretty sure it's:

I was dreaming of a lake, dreaming of the water
Where I'd rise like a Phoenix, soaring high and from the fire

It's a pretty clear image, I DO hear "LA" but it makes much more sense as "lake" because she sings about water right afterwards-- she's dreaming of a lake during summer, so she could swim... and by "rise like a Phoenix" she basically means (below) and also as a metaphor etc etc

tumblr_n7c3aaKVTI1shvqcqo1_500.gif

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Who knew we would be getting an tryiumphant getting-out-of-abusive-relationship anthem from Lana?

I love this and relate so much!!!

Probably my favorite part about these songs. I hope her new record will include more songs where the female is strong. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.