Anthem

Project "Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant"

Essentially just the digipak mock up done by the other member on here (posted before)

What image would you want for the back cover? 

Nakg2n9.jpg

What would you prefer for the CD packaging?
Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase

What would you prefer for the CD label?
Album Cover
Album name/tracklist (like for the CD singles)
Old style vinyl lookalike

Maybe even a yellow version of the BTD cd?

lana-del-rey-born-to-die-2012-cd-cover-8

What would you prefer for the CD songs?
Gapless
Not Gapless

What would you prefer for the album booklet?
All lyrics – like BTD/P
Most lyrics with choruses only stated once – like some songs in the Electra Heart booklet
Some lyrical snippets – like UV

Album Cover

Maybe even a yellow version of the BTD cd?

lana-del-rey-born-to-die-2012-cd-cover-8

Something like this?

S9zilO4.png

It's crappy but it's meant to showcase the idea... What about one with palm trees? mmm

@@Anthem

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I made an extremely rough mock up for the back cover

6HqotgQ.jpg

I just used the yellow on the front cover as the background to play with it.

We could change the color, how everything is arranged, etc.. (I also didn't have a backgroundless logo for 5 Points Records so I'm leaving that up to someone else)

DEFINITELY the parenthesis parts of the song titles

I also wasn't sure what to write for the bottom.

So, ideas for what we can do to finalize this?

Something like this?

S9zilO4.png

It's crappy but it's meant to showcase the idea... What about one with palm trees? mmm

I like that! I think palm trees might be more towards the 'aesthetic' of the album though

Something like this?

S9zilO4.png

That's actually how I envisioned it when I posted the hibiscus flower picture. I love the idea of this. 

She is wearing a shirt with this exact type of flower in one of the AKA photoshoot pics. I'm not a huge fan of that particular picture of Lana, but I think the flower is perfect for the disc. 

basically this one that @@Trash Magic made

lana_del_ray_back_cover_by_other_covers-

Digipack

Other - it would definitely be cool if we did one with flowers to match BTD and UV!

Gapless

All lyrics – like BTD/P (with some pictures)

Anything else you think should be taken into consideration?

If it's a digipack the centerfold thing should be discussed

Okay, that back cover that Sitar posted is heavenly. Imagine a digipak with that back cover, hibiscus flowers on the disc, a lyric booklet with several of the images in the OP. Lord.  :defeated:

I would propose the remaining 8 pictures of Lana in the OP (after you remove the one used for Sitar's back cover) plus 2 Nevada (I vote the 1st and 3rd) and 2 Coney Island. Lyric snippets or full lyrics would both work. 

basically this one that @@Trash Magic made

lana_del_ray_back_cover_by_other_covers-

Digipack

Other - it would definitely be cool if we did one with flowers to match BTD and UV!

Gapless

All lyrics – like BTD/P (with some pictures)

If it's a digipack the centerfold thing should be discussed

That back cover could work! If @@Trash Magic is okay with it, I'll throw it up on the main post as a possible back. I know a lot of people want the supposed real one with her at Coney Island, but I just don't think it's in high enough quality to realistically do. So it'll probably be between this one and a plain one like the back of BTD. 

Definitely tell me more or point me in the right direction on information on the center piece. I noticed it in the pack that guy posted earlier but I'd like for you guys to specifically tell me what it is, what you want on it, why etc. so I can research how to actually make the thing. 

Random, but I loved your idea of having photos of Nevada and Coney Island in the booklet. It really sets the feeling of the album.

That was all @@ilovetati :)

Thank you everyone for your input! I really love reading everything you guys have to say and I'm so excited to get this project rolling! Please keep providing more feedback and throwing ideas back and forth and if you guys pin anything down you want to be legitimately considered for the project then tell me and I'll throw it up on the main post for everyone to look at :)

@GanstaBoy if you get a finalized CD design I'll put it up. Just let me know! I like it so far and going back and forth like that is exactly what I wanted :)

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'd really like this one but I'm fine with just text if we don't find it in HQ. 

Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase

Album Cover
Other (post a suggested picture)

I like the one @@GangstaBoy suggested 

Gapless
Not Gapless

All lyrics – like BTD/P
Most lyrics with choruses only stated once – like some songs in the Electra Heart booklet

what other community would do something like this  :oprah: I think that pic I used for the back cover would look so good on the inside of the digipak

and I also always pictured the disc having hibiscus flowers like that, it just matched the theme of all the videos so well. Ugh there is much imagery for the album the ideas are endless, but if you stick with a more official one that follows the later releases then that's a more clear route to take 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I'm a little confused. Would the gapless version still be separated into different tracks (but transition very smoothly a la Dark Side of the Moon), or would it just play continuously as one? I know it was supposed to be gapless, but I want whatever was on iTunes/Amazon as that is what would been on the physical release had there been one. 

I'm a little confused. Would the gapless version still be separated into different tracks (but transition very smoothly a la Dark Side of the Moon), or would it just play continuously as one? I know it was supposed to be gapless, but I want whatever was on iTunes/Amazon as that is what would been on the physical release had there been one. 

I'm going to try and do it exactly like DSOTM. (For those not familiar, DSOTM has the tracks divided up, so you can skip around or whatever, but when listening to it you can't really tell when the songs change because its so seamless)

Speaking of this, I really need you guys' help with getting the gapless part of the album together. I don't have the album in gapless nor do my tracks give any indication that the album is gapless (I believe they are edited). Like I put in the OP, if someone will send one one large track of the entire album gapless or each one individually where you CAN hear the gapless sections, I'll try and figure it out. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'm going to try and do it exactly like DSOTM. (For those not familiar, DSOTM has the tracks divided up, so you can skip around or whatever, but when listening to it you can't really tell when the songs change because its so seamless)

Speaking of this, I really need you guys' help with getting the gapless part of the album together. I don't have the album in gapless nor do my tracks give any indication that the album is gapless (I believe they are edited). Like I put in the OP, if someone will send one one large track of the entire album gapless or each one individually where you CAN hear the gapless sections, I'll try and figure it out. 

Oh, that would be perfect then. I love your dedication. :)

I know someone around here must have the iTunes versions that play seamlessly when sliced together...I hope they come forward.

Not too bothered, a solid colour like BTD is nice but so is the artwork in the background of The Paradise Edition

Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase

Album Cover
Other (post a suggested picture)

Gapless
Not Gapless

All lyrics – like BTD/P

Have you considered having a different font on the front cover? The font that is on BTD/TPE/UV?

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster