Anthem

Project "Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant"

SMH, the album IS gapless, the tracks lead on to each other. 

I know, hence why I am trying to find the right version. 

I believe the version that I have is edited, because mine have clear endings to them. That or I can't hear :/ I'll go listen to them closely to see if I hear it but I don't notice any indication of it being gapless. I am not saying the album itself isn't, but my version isn't. Point is that since mine are edited, I can't tell at what point the current song should fade out and the next one starts to come in, so I can't just splice my tracks together.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I know, hence why I am trying to find the right version. 

I believe the version that I have is edited, because mine have clear endings to them. That or I can't hear :/ I'll go listen to them closely to see if I hear it but I don't notice any indication of it being gapless. I am not saying the album itself isn't, but my version isn't. Point is that since mine are edited, I can't tell at what point the current song should fade out and the next one starts to come in, so I can't just splice my tracks together.

I can send you my version. The 'seamless' parts are relatively hard to notice, it's best described in the first post of the 'Lana Del Ray gapless' thread.

My suggested booklet photos to accompany the lyrics (keep in mind that bigger versions need to be found). I tried to make them feel cohesive as a whole, embody the meaning behind the individual songs, and visually represent that story from beginning to end

Kill Kill:

normal_tumblr_m6vf103oym1qla0bso1_500.jp

Queen of the Gas Station:

vog_02.jpg

Oh Say Can You See:

normal_tumblr_m70i8t6xWm1rb1h0do1_1280.j

Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven):

normal_1.png

For K, Part 2:

normal_310271_191890084218926_435745642_

Jump:

6~1.jpg

Mermaid Motel:

284138983_aac3ce490e_600.jpg

Raise Me Up (Mississippi South):

sunset-over-coney-island-alex-ag.jpg

Pawn Shop Blues (one of these...couldn't decide which):

normal_lizzygrant_bp.jpg

normal_jj9Y5.jpg

Brite Lites:

442243524_640.jpg

Put Me in a Movie:

normal_027E0.jpg

Smarty (one of these...couldn't decide):

normal_For_Lizzy_Grant_album_by_Chuck_Gr

normal_001.jpg

Yayo:

desert-sunset-west-humboldt-range-nevada

@@Skid Row Cherry Pie just sent me her gapless track.  :worship: So that is taken care of.

I'm going to try and get quotes on booklets and packaging and shipping so I should have some pricing info up within the next week. 

Great idea for a thread. I saw a bootleg of AKA on eBay, didn't snatch it up and it was removed :sadcore3: But yeah, I would definitely be interested in buying.

Back Label: I love the Coney Island photo, if someone can make it larger, then yes. Text on colour would work as well, like the other digipack.
Packaging: Jewel case, definitely. Digipacks make my shelf ugly (LOOKING AT YOU ALANIS MORISSETTE)
CD Label: Not the album cover, I'd prefer plain text or vinyl syle.
Songs: Gapless
Booklet: Don't care how this looks to be honest, I rarely read them.

My suggested booklet photos to accompany the lyrics (keep in mind that bigger versions need to be found). I tried to make them feel cohesive as a whole, embody the meaning behind the individual songs, and visually represent that story from beginning to end

Kill Kill:

normal_tumblr_m6vf103oym1qla0bso1_500.jp

Oh Say Can You See:

normal_tumblr_m70i8t6xWm1rb1h0do1_1280.j

Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven):

normal_1.png

For K, Part 2:

normal_310271_191890084218926_435745642_

Jump:

6~1.jpg

Mermaid Motel:

284138983_aac3ce490e_600.jpg

Raise Me Up (Mississippi South):

sunset-over-coney-island-alex-ag.jpg

Pawn Shop Blues (one of these...couldn't decide which):

normal_lizzygrant_bp.jpg

normal_jj9Y5.jpg

Brite Lites:

442243524_640.jpg

Put Me in a Movie:

normal_027E0.jpg

Smarty (one of these...couldn't decide):

normal_For_Lizzy_Grant_album_by_Chuck_Gr

normal_001.jpg

I tried looking for bigger sizes for those, and the only one I could find big enough was Gramma

monroe11.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think the dimensions need to be at least 1000x1000

EDIT

I think the only one we could get away with is FKP2 bc we can just add more yellow space to it

what other community would do something like this  :oprah: I think that pic I used for the back cover would look so good on the inside of the digipak

and I also always pictured the disc having hibiscus flowers like that, it just matched the theme of all the videos so well. Ugh there is much imagery for the album the ideas are endless, but if you stick with a more official one that follows the later releases then that's a more clear route to take 

Please make an AKA booklet that matches the era/color/theme though :crying:

I kinda made a stab at another back cover

(My Photoshop skills are a lil messy so you can see some weirdness in the yellow parts but w/e like I said these are just rough edits)

ZgagfBW.jpg

I tried to incorporate the album 'logo'. I don't really like it, but here it is anyway.

iAyMKp9.jpg

Also I think we should discuss what 'wording' we want added on the bottom near the barcode

Which raises another question, do we want a barcode & wording or no?

and who's going to make/design it?

Well I personally have been brainstorming and working on some ideas but I'd love if other more talented LB members would pitch in some of their ideas and we can just post them all and decide collectively on what we like best (the purpose on my schedule of the period between the 17th and 25th)

I kinda made a stab at another back cover

(My Photoshop skills are a lil messy so you can see some weirdness in the yellow parts but w/e like I said these are just rough edits)

ZgagfBW.jpg

I tried to incorporate the album 'logo'. I don't really like it, but here it is anyway.

iAyMKp9.jpg

Also I think we should discuss what 'wording' we want added on the bottom near the barcode

Which raises another question, do we want a barcode & wording or no?

I like these! And I would say yes to the wording. I'd like to give credit where it's due and give the album as much of an authentic feel as possible, which is why the front cover, tracklist, etc. are absolutely not up for discussion. Since we don't know about the rest we can use our imaginations. I'd like a nice mixture of it being on the safe side (plain colors/whatever) and being pretty/interesting (with colors and fun images).

I'm somewhere in between torn up and happy that we don't have the Coney Island back cover in HQ. I'd love to have it since it's believed to be the real one but at the same time I like some of these better.

If all goes well I am going to make a CD sometime this weekend to test out the gapless feature of the album and make sure that is going to go well and work how I want it. 

Wow this is such a cool project! :shock: Why didn't I notice it earlier?

However, I'd really like to contribute in any way and if it's just filling out the questionnaire (btw do you still need more or is the questionnaire phase already done?).
So if I have any ideas I can just post them here or how does it work?

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I did a mock up lyric sheet for Oh Say Can You See (although it looks painfully bland)

I designed it like it would be the centerfold. I was hoping this image would work because it was big enough, but it's like 75% white, so I don't really know.

xaSAN70.jpg

I think we should discuss font options. I don't really have many that are great looking, so if anyone knows any really cool lyric fonts or something.

EDIT:

Also I think we should discuss the format. Do we want to include pictures at all? Because personally I think trying to find an accompanying image for each song would be kind of difficult, and it might make for a hefty booklet.

Also this is my 666th post!

Edited by West Coast

One of the Coney Island/Nevada photos from the booklet should be the inset photo (like the picture of LA in the UV digipak).

I know several of those pictures from my suggested booklet are available in large sizes somewhere. I'll search around when I'm free later.