Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers Grazia Magazine

Slay, Lana!!

And not me already finding two mistakes in the text :deadbanana:

I'm so buying this magazine :poordat:

I saw them too, WTF "dés l'an prochain" :gclap:

... but the article was beautifully written.

My favorite part:

"J'aurais dû dire non"

"Quand je réécoute mon album, certaines choses, que je ressentais pourtant en les écrivant, me font dire maintenant que je suis allée trop loin. Elles m’ont mise dans des situations que je ne contrôlais pas, dont je ne voulais pas. Notamment avec des journalistes, ceux de Rolling Stone, du Guardian et tous les autres qui me posaient ces mêmes questions : « As-tu vraiment envie de te suicider ? », « As-tu vraiment couché pour y arriver ? » Evidemment, en écrivant des chansons comme Fucked My Way To The Top, j’aurais dû savoir que ces questions surgiraient et j’aurais dû répondre en prenant de la distance, juste dire non et passer à la suite."

Je comprend qu'elle veuille faire plus attention, mais moi j'aime ce côté raw et direct. Je trouve ça dommage que les haters aient tant d'emprise sur elle, mais je la comprend... moi non plus j'assume pas toujours ce que je dis publiquement quand on me juge durement. M'enfin...!

Oh right yeah sorry I meant the article. Or just a basic description of what it says. So... Has she said for sure she's making a new record?

Until some kind person does a proper, human translation, here's the terrible google translate:

He was described willingly daughter of the air and elusive. Besides his Parisian fans, whom she posed a double rabbit in September, can attest. Yet it took was a son SMS followed by some shots to the singer whose Ultraviolence was one of the events of the year awards hearing Grazia.

A recent trip to London for the British Fashion Awards in the field offered. Relaxed despite a large avowed shyness, Lana takes a hard look at a year of controversy - as usual - will not get spared.

"I should have said no"

"When I listen to my album, some things, yet I felt writing them, make me say now that I went too far. They put me in situations that I could not control, I would not. In particular with journalists, those of Rolling Stone , the Guardian , and all the others who were asking me the same questions: "Do you really want to kill yourself?", "Did you really lying to get there?" Obviously, writing Songs like Fucked My Way  To The Top , I should have known that these issues arise and I should respond by taking the distance, just say no and move on. "

Asked about his artistic desires, that we will hear soon sing in the Big Eyes  Tim Burton says he wants again to question, as when she forsook the synthetic sound of Born to Die for the envelope rocks of ultra-violence . "Musically, I'm looking for something different, majestic chorus, chorus, orchestrations, atmospheres that evoke the 50s with a touch a bit soft grunge."

An album next year?

Who will succeed Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys leader, head of silky production Ultraviolence ? The Englishman Mark Ronson - which shaped the sound Amy Winehouse - seems more than a track. "I played him ten songs that I have composed for this next album. Not so much that he added his usual signature, soul and funk. But rather it explores a sound close to the golden age of jazz ... "dropoff window

A new album is not to exclude dice next year. Unless the legendary perfectionism Lana pushes further.

Who were very inspired by surrealism and artists like Picasso and Fellini, the singer says otherwise very polarized about 50 years to the point of sometimes dream in New York singing jazz. "I was not there in the 50's but I feel I have been And then when I was living in New York, I had this dream idealized shared with other girls without doubt. Have a residency in a club where I would sing some classics, but also my own songs.

Courtney Love and James Franco, her BFF

Radius 2015 Project, a US tour from May to June with ... Courtney Love. Obviously BFF with Cobain's widow, she showed her side in the Awards of English fashion. The criterion to become his friend? "I have few friends. - Only those who feel like me connected with the past and the future at the same time and we are not many."

And the last elected is priceless .... The James Franco. "One of the few people I really feel connected to the actors of the past, to California sixties, seventies in New York."

If not what can we wish him for the New Year? May be crossing the great love. "In my relationships, I often feel out what is really going on (...) True? I want to be and I'm still in my heart. If I find someone I love, I probably always love. " Hopeless romantic, go!

RiEnd more intimate

And all over again, do tabula rasa ... even disappear  ? The languid diva seems to feel stuck "I have often thought, but I can not, I'm famous." At the point of feeling violated. "Apart from my personal relationship with my family, brother, sister, parents, my whole life is now public Even my phone calls.. I'm not sure that they are not listened You have no idea what that one could steal me ... Basically, apart from the intricacies of my imagination and my mind, there is nothing left me nothing personal. "

The confession could stink up the wretched pathos but laugh that speaks concludes the mental strength of Miss del Rey it down to earth and does not seem in danger of skidding "There are many. strange people out there, I am cautious. I swim cautiously in new waters. "

Other denominations of sulphurous siren await you in Grazia this Friday!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Thank you, but Jesus christ Google translate is terrible

"The confession could stink up the wretched pathos but laugh that speaks concludes the mental strength of Miss del Rey it down to earth and does not seem in danger of skidding"

I feel like this is some kind of clue to who killed Laura Palmer. Moving on...

TEN FUCKING SONGS? :raven: Kinda disappointed that talk with Giorgio Moroder doesn't seem to have gone anywhere but no matter, this sounds fucking cool!

"When I listen to my album, some things, yet I felt writing them, make me say now that I went too far. They put me in situations that I could not control, I would not. In particular with journalists, those of Rolling Stone , the Guardian , and all the others who were asking me the same questions: "Do you really want to kill yourself?", "Did you really lying to get there?" Obviously, writing Songs like Fucked My Way  To The Top , I should have known that these issues arise and I should respond by taking the distance, just say no and move on. "

Wow that is so sad.  :sadcore3: Feeling that way, its no wonder she hasn't done much with the album. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Pretty interesting. I'm definitely excited about her new choice in producer and whatever direction this album is going in. Of course we'll probably be playing the waiting game for a while, but hopefully that string of collaborations as well as whatever she did for those independent films she mentioned in the Galore interview will keep us sane.

Very excited about new material. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad that she didn't flesh out Ultraviolence a little more with some videos or maybe a bonus EP. Personally I think the album is the work of genius, I may be in the minority though.

Very excited about new material. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad that she didn't flesh out Ultraviolence a little more with some videos or maybe a bonus EP. Personally I think the album is the work of genius, I may be in the minority though.

Nah, I think you're in the majority. It's an incredible album and the one she truly wanted to make. It also earned her a lot of respect that she was lacking.

I like the idea of letting the music speak for itself, but I really wish that she had done more with the album...at least visually. Maybe the next era will combine quality, simplicity, and beautiful visuals?

People will call her inauthentic, but she's always been a musical chameleon, incorporating different genres and fusing then together effortlessly. Producers come and go, but her vision remains.

I'm extremely excited for her to explore classic jazz like she had hinted before when explaining why she ended UV with the Nina Simone cover. I'm glad she will be mixing it in with a bit of rock as well...could be quite stunning, especially with Ronson producing. I hope he will be the major producer for this album like Kahne, Haynie, Auerbach.

I think this is really exciting.

First of all, it will be really exciting to know when she will start recording this one, cause she will be busy touring in spring / summer and maybe in the fall, depends if she decides to include Australia and South / Latin America to her tour schedule. I am sure, she will tour in Europe and maybe add some dates in North America.

Not gonna lie, I am not always impressed by his work as a producer, but I am excited to see how this one will turn out.

It's great she already started talking about it. I wasn't expecting it, tbh