paradise27390

Kate Bush

An absolute tour de force of storytelling and atmosphere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAvraxlQcFw

Oh, Kate. You were the love of my life at 14. I remember being on the school bus every afternoon and playing Get Out of My House on repeat. It spoke so clearly to alienated, outsider goth boy me. It still does! I still can't believe she spoiled us with two records last year. She made one of my dreams come true by finally re-recording The Sensual World with Molly Bloom's soliloquy. She also managed to make The Red Shoes more tolerable for me! The new Moments of Pleasure makes me cry like a little bitch. Now, if only she'd do some shows before she dies, I would gladly spend all my money to go to the UK to see her. Please, Kate, pleeeease?

tori_amos_signature_by_ghosttree-d34dy5d.png

Ugh, the Dreaming is AMAZING. I love the shift from Pull Out the Pin to Suspended in Gaffa, it highlights just what you're talking about!! And Houdini is so beautiful! "wiiiith a kiiiisss I pass the key" :flutter:

"And feel your tongue

Teasing and receiving...

With your spit

Still on my lip,

You hit the WAATEEERRRRRR!!!"

All the Love is a highlight for me. It's just stunning, and mournful, and one of her most personal I feel, That young male vocalist <3 <3 <3

Oh, Kate. You were the love of my life at 14. I remember being on the school bus every afternoon and playing Get Out of My House on repeat. It spoke so clearly to alienated, outsider goth boy me. It still does! I still can't believe she spoiled us with two records last year. She made one of my dreams come true by finally re-recording The Sensual World with Molly Bloom's soliloquy. She also managed to make The Red Shoes more tolerable for me! The new Moments of Pleasure makes me cry like a little bitch. Now, if only she'd do some shows before she dies, I would gladly spend all my money to go to the UK to see her. Please, Kate, pleeeease?

Arghhhh! Get Out of My House was my anthem too! I used to play it full blast with the windows wide open haha! No one dared enter :D

"I will not let you in!

Don't you bring back the reveries

I turn into a bird,

Carry further than the word is heard"

We most definitely have been spoilt recently! I know what you mean regarding Moments of Pleasure. I feel the same about the new Woman's Work. The original was harrowing enough, but while it reveled in it's intense melodrama, the new version evokes a deeper resonance through it's subtlety. It's fair to say I've cried playing it... on the bus!

tumblr_mefiscuVIp1rsoe4a.gif

What's your favorite track(s) on each album?!

Kick Inside- The Kick Inside (the melody :defeated:) "I will come home again, but not until the sun and the moon meet on yon hill"/Feel It/Oh To Be In Love

Lionheart- Kashka From Baghdad/In the Warm Room

Never For Ever- Delius/Army Dreamers

Dreaming- Suspended in Gaffa/Houdini/Get Out of My House

Hounds of Love/The Ninth Wave-Hounds of Love/Morning Fog/And Dream of Sheep/Running Up That Hill

Sensual World- The Sensual World/Deeper Understanding

Red Shoes (I actually love this album, don't fully get the hate)- Red Shoes/You're the One/Moments of Pleasure

Aerial- Pi/Joanni/How To Be Invisible/Aerial/Mrs. Bartolozzi

Director's Cut- Lily/Song of Solomon (the best change, I LOVE this version)/This Woman's Work

50 Words for Snow- Wild Man

Arghhhh! Get Out of My House was my anthem too! I used to play it full blast with the windows wide open haha! No one dared enter :D

We most definitely have been spoilt recently! I know what you mean regarding Moments of Pleasure. I feel the same about the new Woman's Work. The original was harrowing enough, but while it reveled in it's intense melodrama, the new version evokes a deeper resonance through it's subtlety. It's fair to say I've cried playing it... on the bus!

I used to rage around my room screaming, "NO STRANGER'S FEET SHALL ENTER MEEEEEEEEEEEEE." ;)

Oh, yes, that one too! I was hysterical the first time I heard it. I love how both are taken to a much more subtle, sombre place than the originals. Moments of Pleasure is almost funereal. I do miss the, "Just being alive, it can really hurt," lyric from the original, but I can't listen to it very often because I don't like the string arrangement at all.

The Kick Inside: Feel It/James and the Cold Gun

Lionheart: Fullhouse/Coffee Homeground/Kashka

Never For Ever (this one is tough because it's one of my favorites): Army Dreamers/The Wedding List/Breathing/Babooshka

The Dreaming (REMASTER IT, FFS): Get Out of My House/Sat In Your Lap/Pull Out the Pin

Hounds of Love: Running Up That Hill/Cloudbusting/And Dream of Sheep/Watching You Without Me

Sensual World: TSW/The Fog

Red Shoes: And So Is Love

Aerial: A Coral Room/Aerial

Director's Cut: Lily/Moments of Pleasure/Song of Solomon

50 Words For Snow: Misty

Oh so hard to pick a favourite!

tumblr_m9u35ygJeh1qkrirro1_500.gif

The Kick Inside - James and the Cold Gun (Those highs notes! I just manage to pull it off...)/Man with the Child in His Eyes/Moving

Lionheart - Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake/In The Warm Room (absolutely stunning!)

Never For Ever - Everything from The Wedding List to Breathing - just pure perfection. I've yet to skip a single track!

The Dreaming - Sat in Your Lap/Get Out of My House/All the Love/Leave It Open/Suspended in Gaffa - the whole album actually. Her Masterpiece!

Hounds of Love - this is always changing but for now these are my faves - Hounds of Love/Cloudbusting/Hello Earth/Jig of Life/Under the Ivy

The Sensual World - This Woman's Work/The Sensual World

The Red Shoes - And So is Love

Aerial - King of the Mountain/Aerial

Director's Cut - This Woman's Work

50 Words For Snow - Snowflake (my bedtime tune :) )

And, yes The Dreaming needs a top notch remastering! as Kate would say... The thought of it sends me shivering!

tumblr_lt16tmTgeD1qkrirro1_500.gif

Ahhhh I just found this thread!!! :flutter:

ONE TRUE QUEEN. :worship:

tumblr_lpzv8ia1Gu1qkrirro1_500.gif

Gosh, when did I first notice her? Well, I remember hearing Wuthering Heights when I was a child and being fascinated by those incredible high notes! Of course at the time I had no idea who she was... Much later, already in my late teens, I 'rediscovered' her via Pink Floyd. I'm a *HUGE* PF fan, and some of you may know that David Gilmour was basically the one who kickstarted her career when she was still 16 - he helped her record & paid for a 3-track demo, and Kate was eventually signed by EMI (which was also PF's label) soon after that.

As soon as I listened to the first album, I was sold!

My favourites are The Kick Inside, Lionheart and Hounds of Love. But her whole discography is flawless tbh, and I adored 50 Words for Snow!

@@deeth Really jealous of your tote bag! :cuteface:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

^Yes! I love that. :) I also have a pretty lengthy interview from that time on my iPod, as well as one from the Hounds of Love era. I just love listening to her speak!

Man, I can't tell you how happy I am to know that I'm not the only one who keeps interviews of some of my fave artists on my iPod! :awk:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Man, I can't tell you how happy I am to know that I'm not the only one who keeps interviews of some of my fave artists on my iPod! :awk:

I fall asleep to them! hahaha. I was just listening to The Dreaming the other day. Still one of my favorite albums ever! I remember listening to Get Out of My House on the school bus every day when I was a teenager. I can't believe I've been listening to her that long!

My other favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBcDjeR_y7Q

I fall asleep to them! hahaha.

Me too, sometimes!

Mostly to those of Julian Casablancas. :$ :$ :$ :shh: :runs:

I fall asleep to them! hahaha. I was just listening to The Dreaming the other day. Still one of my favorite albums ever! I remember listening to Get Out of My House on the school bus every day when I was a teenager. I can't believe I've been listening to her that long!

My other favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBcDjeR_y7Q

I think my favourite one from The Dreaming is 'Sat in your lap'... But those 2 are definitely close favourites along with 'All The Love'!

Me too, sometimes!

Mostly to those of Julian Casablancas. :$ :$ :$ :shh: :runs:

I think my favourite one from The Dreaming is 'Sat in your lap'... But those 2 are definitely close favourites along with 'All The Love'!

Sat in Your Lap is SO good! So are There Goes a Tenner, The Dreaming, Night of the Swallow...okay, the whole thing is perfect! ;) I would kill to see a Kate Bush concert!