paradise27390

Kate Bush

1 hour ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I’ve loved sprinkles of Kate’s stuff since high school, but have never done a deep dive. Anyone wanna share their top 10 tracks or listening recs? <3

All The Dreaming and Hounds of Love 

I’ve loved sprinkles of Kate’s stuff since high school, but have never done a deep dive. Anyone wanna share their top 10 tracks or listening recs? <3

top 10 tracks I luv in no real order:

01. Song of Solomon

02. Lily

03. Never Be Mine

04. The Sensual World

05. Jig of Life

06. A Coral Room

07. Moments of Pleasure (Directors Cut) 

08. Breathing

09. Among Angels

10. Houdini 

I’d recommend diving into some of her albums! The best to start is probably Hounds of Love, which is both her most well known, and is a great balance of her pop prowess and her experimental artsy side. It’s literally divided into the more “pop” side and the more “concept album” side. 

id go in this order:

1. Hounds of Love

2. The Sensual World

3. Never for Ever 

4. The Dreaming (my favorite) 

5. The Kick Inside 

6. The Red Shoes 

7. Directors Cut 

8. Lionheart 

9. Aerial

10. 50 words for snow (or just wait until it’s winter and snowing wherever you are) 

Definitely could start with The Kick Inside as well if you wanted to start at the beginning, and then just go through in order to hear the artistic progression she took! It’s all good, even if some questionable production dates some of it *cough* the red shoes *cough*

Hounds of Love, Wuthering Heights, Suspended in Gaffa, Army Dreamers, Running Up The Hill, Babooshka, The Man With The Child In His Eyes, The Wedding List, Wow

I picked them from the This Is Kate Bush Spotify playlist. They are most accessible imo 

On 4/2/2021 at 1:58 AM, yourolllikethunder said:

omg top 10 tracks...really hard bc her discography is so flawless but (in no particular order):

hello earth

sat in your lap

pull out the pin

army dreamers

breathing

get out of my house

rockets tail

cloud busting

Mother stands for comfort

moving

my fav albums are the dreaming, never for ever and hounds of love but truly all of them are excellent.

aOaIzH2.gif

The only right way to listen and get into Kate's immaculate monumental discography is to listen to the albums chronologically or listen to the Hounds of Love first and then listen to all the rest chronologically. Kate's albums are WORLDS and concepts inside themselves, I will never understand the need to listen to her random songs from different albums in playlists, don't ruin your first experience. Her albums are meant to be listened fully. Listening to all of the Dreaming, The Ninth Wave and A Sky of Honey for example were the highlights of my life :trisha: 

I love every sinlge album of hers tho, I adore her and I would gladly erase my memory to be able to experience her godly music again for the first time

13 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

Listening to all of the Dreaming, The Ninth Wave and A Sky of Honey for example were the highlights of my life :trisha: 

the amount of times i've sat in a completely dark room and listened to Hounds of Love and been completely immersed in the story of The Ninth Wave, so good:icant:

It's been 10 years since the last album, I hope she decides to release something soon, we all know she has been working really hard on something since 2014

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Is she still doing music and are we allowed to expect another studio album from her? :pout:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Is she still doing music and are we allowed to expect another studio album from her? :pout:

i don't know :trisha:

tbh i don't think she is after the remastered set because that definitely gave the impression of last thing :trisha:

i really hope i'm wrong though :trisha:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, Barry said:

This is an absolute classic, everytime I listen to it I need to replay it about 40 times in a row.

indeed, its one of the songs in my top 5 most played on spotify 2020

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

i don't know :trisha:

tbh i don't think she is after the remastered set because that definitely gave the impression of last thing :trisha:

i really hope i'm wrong though :trisha:

She has been working on something very actively ever since she finished her live shows, sadly she is a slow and perfectionist worker.

Besides, the pandemic slowed everything for all the artists, even for the ones that releases stuff frequently. And Kate is not one to work through zoom videocalls haha. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

She has been working on something very actively ever since she finished her live shows, sadly she is a slow and perfectionist worker.

Besides, the pandemic slowed everything for all the artists, even for the ones that releases stuff frequently. And Kate is not one to work through zoom videocalls haha. 

can she at least release the before the dawn movie

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif