paradise27390

Kate Bush

Love and Anger is something else!! This song speaks to me

Yes!!!! Love the video, too. For TSW being one of Kate's albums I listen to the least, I really love a few of the songs from it-- esp. Love and Anger, the title track, and The Fog  :worship:

(and This Woman's Work, of course)

o4qjp4j.png

Kate Bush and Nina Simone both for the first time, have been nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame

and while the official voting is private by industry folks (almost all male), fans can vote on who they would like to see entered (one vote a day) and that vote is then seen by

the official industry voters

Both should have entered the hall years ago, but the Hall is quite anti-woman, and especially anti-unique artists.

www.rockhall.com/fan-vote/2018-fan-vote

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Anyone listening to the remastered albums? Part 1 was released last week, and part 2 will be released next week.  :D

Also, if anyone's interested, Faber are releasing a lyric book curated by Kate herself, featuring a selection of her lyrics from across her career. There's a standard edition available here: https://www.waterstones.com/book/how-to-be-invisible/kate-bush/9780571350940

And a limited edition (500 copies), signed by Kate, will be available for pre-order tomorrow: 

https://www.waterstones.com/book/how-to-be-invisible/kate-bush/9780571352845

Kate Bush and Nina Simone both for the first time, have been nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame

and while the official voting is private by industry folks (almost all male), fans can vote on who they would like to see entered (one vote a day) and that vote is then seen by

the official industry voters

Both should have entered the hall years ago, but the Hall is quite anti-woman, and especially anti-unique artists.

www.rockhall.com/fan-vote/2018-fan-vote

Nina Simone ended up winning it, which I second 100%. 

Regardless, I don't get why Kate Bush and Nina Simone were pitted against each other in the first place. They are both splendid singers with amazing talent and some white men get to decide which one is better? 

All awards are stupid bc white mediocrity is so interested in judging excellence and its so funny to me. Go judge The Voice, not Nina Simone (or Kate for that matter)

I want the special signed edition of her book but I can't afford to spend $250+ on a book right now  :defeated:

Are the remastered versions available online anywhere (for download)?

iTunes, and a bunch of other places if you're looking for higher quality downloads. Unfortunately doesn't look like they will be available to stream.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I agree, it's like hearing the albums again for the first time. Though I just realized how crappy Experiment IV sounds - I love the song but it sounds like garbage. That drum machine sound remastered is not cute  :deadbanana:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived