ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I hate Florence. Maybe because I have already heard Tori Amos and Fleetwood Mac's best albums, like 15 years ago.

Thank god! I thought I was the only one....  :awk:

The way she sings is so unappealing to me. I'm okay with other stanning for her though so others, don't come for me  :crossed:

Some people in here actually believe Lana has influenced every other artist out there who is successful or has changed style to become more successful?

LOL.. what a foolish thought..cant believe im actually posting on this.. I love Lana's music/style/sound too but not blindly coloring up a fantasy..

there have actually been artists out there doing what Lana does now,- decades ago, even more recent. she didn't invent her style of music.

in interviews, shes even said- she "copies artists styles she wants to emulate" big deal! everyone does that. its called influences (when you are a musician).

what I love about her, is her vocals. many others do very similar songs. its got nothing to do with her sadcore. many have/were doing sadcore. its nothing new.

ok rant over.

Some people in here actually believe Lana has influenced every other artist out there who is successful or has changed style to become more successful

I've noticed that some people are both snobbish (they talk about other more artists like they are worthless) and delusional (Lana is literally music Jesus and other artists study and imitate her). :lmao:

I love Lana, but I don't see why people need to put other artists down to raise her up.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

The Style music video was directed by the same guy who directed SS and I think it's a really nice video and has some lovely ideas in it. I really liked 1989 and can't really see how Lana directly influenced her (aside from Wildest Dreams). :sadcore6:

and all of Taylor's previous country albums went to #1 anyways :hooker:

Agreed, Wildest Dreams is the only track on 1989 that made me think "this is a Lana song."

149o3h3.jpg

Thank God I thought I was the only one not being able to see how 1989 was 'copying' Lana besides Wildest Dreams. (Now that I think of it, I'd find it oddly entertaining seeing Lana perform songs like Shake It Off and All You Had To Was Stay all positive and happy and jumping around the stage, it'd be the best thing to be honest :toofunny: )

kySyfQZ.jpg

Thank God I thought I was the only one not being able to see how 1989 was 'copying' Lana besides Wildest Dreams. (Now that I think of it, I'd find it oddly entertaining seeing Lana perform songs like Shake It Off and All You Had To Was Stay all positive and happy and jumping around the stage, it'd be the best thing to be honest :toofunny: )

:wtf2: This is a joke right... 

re:Florence's new one- I read Taylor Swift heavily influenced Florence on this, speaking to her. Which is ironic because

Lana directly influenced Taylor's pop album, and it is evident Taylor studied Lana and her music and style in doing her own album, but of course, Taylor lost all sense of who Taylor is on this album, just to sell her soul and be number one one one one one 24/7/365.  In fact, one of her videos was made to coincide directly over Lana's Summertime sadness, and one of her new songs is a direct copy of everything Lana.

Don't be ridiculous. WD was undoubtedly Lana inspired, BUT the rest of the album wasn't. Taylor generally stayed very true to herself, while evolving as well. Yes, the music video for Style was directed by Kyle Newman, but you've got to keep in mind that Taylor and Jaime are best friends. She's be the godmother of their unborn son, her working with him should not come has a shock. I think Kyle Newman has a very specific style, which is why you might find similarities between Style and SS. Taylor also currently uses his work as background images for the 1989 tour. 

Wildest Dreams was certainly not "a direct copy of everything Lana" though. The sound was similar, but it pretty much stops there. If Taylor was really directly copying Lana, she'd include lyrics about specific cars, booze, etc. And let's face it the lyrics "his hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room" and "tangled up with you all night, burning it down" would be more graphic if Lana wrote them. She's not very subtle when it comes to writing about sex. 

Nobody treats that woman's music seriously so why we have to argue whether she copies Lana or not? That doesn't even matter anyway

:sadcore3:

And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate :hooker:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

@@alltoowell and @@theeternalstars

The difference is-

The record people now say, Get me or find me a Lana Del Rey type but make her commercial (or in the Sam Smith case make him more commercial)

Then make sure the new people or the remolded older people namecheck Lana until it hits, then ignore her afterward

So Lana Del Rey became the new prototype

Just like Madonna was after Madonna, get me a new younger Madonna soundalike dress alike without Madonna baggage so to say

and having worked country music in the 80s/90s it happened there when the "New country" came in.

It wasn't that the sounds of the prior to 1989 superstars were no longer wanted (except for a little musical background updating)

They wanted a young new Waylon Jennings and George Jones and Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette

who then namedropped George Jones and Johnny Cash

and then George Strait and Garth Brooks came in

and the record people said Get me a new Strait and a new Brooks and drop check their names and 100 hat acts came along saying they grew up on Waylon and George Strait

Or get me 100 more Shania Twain after she came out

So now you have many more commercial Lana's out there, all get more radio airplay, and all are faceless and will disappear soon as the radio people want something else

Which leaves Lana being Lana.

As someone asked before NO I don't want nor need a stage show where it is obviously like Britney or the others lipsynched because no one can do acrobatics and sing that way.

I just want the singer to sit or stand and sing the songs that drove me to go out of my way, spend money to buy the cds and vinyl and download and concert tickets at full price

as often as possible and don't need a million costume changes. I didn't come for the clothes anymore then anyone on stage came to look at me.

Yes, I will still be there if she was no longer young and beautiful . And yes I will run run run to the appropriate places to download and purchase the vinyl/cd

and come come come to the concerts and listen or sing along even if it means driving 6 hours to Virginia or 4 hours to Boston or spending an entire day on Randall's Island in NY

to see a 915 performance. I would not be going there if she were not performing. Note to Florence or Marina fans, I am not going Friday or Saturday with them performing.

Kudos to their fans for doing such.

Kudos to every artist who is singing. But in music history there are only a handful of unique people and in the 2000-2020 days two of those are Lana and Gaga.
With a few more.

Hope she sings a new Honeymoon song at Governor's ball, but I won't be disappointed if she doesn't. Would want a full band performance of it and not a snippet without the band.

But I understand there are logistics and rights and all that.

And I look forward for each chapter of the long running book that is Lana.  (and if there are those that don't like what I said, there is the ignore button)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Kudos to every artist who is singing. But in music history there are only a handful of unique people and in the 2000-2020 days two of those are Lana and Gaga.

With a few more.

right... :icant: :air: :awkney:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Yes, I will still be there if she was no longer young and beautiful . And yes I will run run run to the appropriate places to download and purchase the vinyl/cd

and come come come to the concerts and listen or sing along even if it means driving 6 hours to Virginia or 4 hours to Boston or spending an entire day on Randall's Island in NY

to see a 915 performance.

With a few more.

This is like... so embarrassing to read.  :judgingu:

i have a tumblr right

here.