ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm a little bit underwhelmed by DLMBM  :toofunny:  

Art Deco is so underrated I feel. It's O M G. The vibe is so cool, the fucking beat is JUST SICK. The bridge is EVERYTHANG.

And when her voice goes silent and just the beat at the end is just wooooo. It sounds like those EPIC fantasy movie music. You know those dystopian apocalyptic SHHHHIT

yasss.gif

I'm so EXICTED. Can't wait to hear the HQ. The slay I will experience. I can't imagine it.

I just woke up and I've already died multiple times listening to GKIT, Salvatore, Art Deco, Religion and The Blackest Day. I'm so fucking happy that the songs I thought I'd like are the ones I prefer. I can't stop kissing my Another Man poster I'm so lame the things these tunes do to my body omg

ZKcaooE.png

EY, don't do it! :grr:

Cruel World is the worst UV song (even though I love the rest of the album). It's like she had a gap-text and multiple options to fill the gaps, so she tried out all versions. AN´nd then she figured out a nice verse/chorus sound and decided to just repeat it for every gap-text version. And BOOM! We have a song that would have been cool if it was like 4:30 long but it was dragged to the limit.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

the medium quality files give a much better idea of the production on the album, did the person who got them stand next to the speaker? lol yesssss...

freak is good, but i wish it would build a little bigger, maybe in hq it will grab me more.

art deco is incredible, that chorus is so sexy, its a hotter song than freak imo, that slow pulsing beat is everything. its really making me consider becoming a hooker.

god knows i tried kinda reminds me a sultrier terrence loves you. her vocals are great.

salvatore is definitely the most interesting produced track on there, cant wait to really hear those instruments in hq to really get the full italian influence. for me the slow beat really gives it some life, and that bridge, and the soft ice cream lol......so random but it really suits the lyrics of the song. definitely reminds me of seeing my whole family get shot to death on my wedding day because of revenge in slow motion. x

religion is cute, nice drum beat, its a bit ultraviolence-ish to me. its filler, but good filler.

the blackest day is such a gorgeous song, her vocals in that chorus omg, first high and angelic and then shes goes into that "deep deeper" part and its like my penis inverts into a clitoris and then inverts a second time into a giant beautiful rare flower that releases music.

24 is sooooooooooooo her bond theme that didnt get picked, it sounds very bondesque and the rumor that its called 24 bcz of the 24th bond theme could very much be true. its filler, but good filler.

swan songs production is so angelic and atmospheric i love it, those opening synthy notes omg yesssss. this wouldnt sound too out of place after american on paradise imo. i really love it, cant wait for it in hq. i think it compliments the title track as the closer nicely, honeymoon and swan song feel like opposite sides of each other in a way. honey moon is brooding and sinister and slowly opens the album, swan song is a lighter and more pure and beautiful slow song to say goodbye. and yes this song is the true finish to the album not the nina cover.

dont let me be misunderstood is ok, but nothing special. whats that instrument during the chorus, the electric piano is it??? very 70's, reminds me of the doors, i like that touch. otherwise this is on par with the other woman, cute, but nothing special and probably skippable if im not in the mood. i would probably rather have life is beautiful in its place, but oh well.

too early to say, but it could end up being her best album, i'll need to hear it in hq and obvs sit with it for a few months and let it get old before i say its her best, but i wont be surprised if i end loving it the most. and even though i can understand why some people may have mixed emotions on her music, im going to struggle hearing very negative reviews about this record because i really do think its beautifully produced and much more accessible than ultraviolence [which i love btw], i hope it gets a decent critical reception, it really does deserve it, no one else is doing the stuff she does, she always feels like a real artist to me and she deserves a little more appreciation. the critics were kinder to ultra than btd, i hope honeymoon sees that same reception, its so good.

Cruel World is the worst UV song (even though I love the rest of the album). It's like she had a gap-text and multiple options to fill the gaps, so she tried out all versions. AN´nd then she figured out a nice verse/chorus sound and decided to just repeat it for every gap-text version. And BOOM! We have a song that would have been cool if it was like 4:30 long but it was dragged to the limit.

To me it couldn't have been long enough. :legend:

'CAUSE I'M GOING DEEPER AND DEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPAAAAAAAA

HARDER AND HARRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDAAAAA

:illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2: :illumilana2:

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy