ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I pray she makes an album more similar to Born To Die to be honest. I like Ultraviolence but I like Born To Die more so there's one reason I want it but another is she will probably be given more money for promo, so the flashy videos will come back which I have missed so much from this era, and hopefully we will get TV/Radio promo too.

Wait, can that actually happen?

Rachel_shocked.gif

Like, for real?

It would be a dream come true :oprah:

I pray she makes an album more similar to Born To Die to be honest. I like Ultraviolence but I like Born To Die more so there's one reason I want it but another is she will probably be given more money for promo, so the flashy videos will come back which I have missed so much from this era, and hopefully we will get TV/Radio promo too.

I wouldn't expect the sound of BTD to make a return as Lana has expressed mild disapproval of the production because it wasn't 100% true to herself. Also, the next album could be more accessible to audiences but still be genuine for Lana...just look at how well Amy Winehouse's soul album was received or the work of The Black Keys. I think she and Ronson will create something along the lines of Jeff Buckley's Grace. 

I love the UV videos, but I agree about wanting more flashy videos. She can still project subtlety in a visually-beautiful manner. 

Ultraviolence did well enough, but I feel like she's still in need of a hit. I don't know if that even makes sense. There are standouts on UV, but nothing so singularly strong that the album itself stands out. I really love that each album is produced by someone different, as it adds so much variety to her discography, but part of me thinks she needs to work with different writers as well. As much as I love the songs she's written with Nowels, I think she should expand on her writing team a little.

Come back Tim Larcombe and Justin Parker...

Ultraviolence did well enough, but I feel like she's still in need of a hit. I don't know if that even makes sense. There are standouts on UV, but nothing so singularly strong that the album itself stands out. I really love that each album is produced by someone different, as it adds so much variety to her discography, but part of me thinks she needs to work with different writers as well. As much as I love the songs she's written with Nowels, I think she should expand on her writing team a little.

Come back Tim Larcombe and Justin Parker...

I'd like to see her work with Parker again, but I think Nowels and Heath are great at materializing her vision. I don't think much would change with different co-writers.

And I'd much rather that she stay in more alternative zones and make very cohesive albums than chase hits. Quality albums always stick around, but hits come and go.

I'd like to see her work with Parker again, but I think Nowels and Heath are great at materializing her vision. I don't think much would change with different co-writers.

And I'd much rather that she stay in more alternative zones and make very cohesive albums than chase hits. Quality albums always stick around, but hits come and go.

I guess I meant just some stronger songs. I don't know how to word what I'm saying lol I don't mean hits as in radio singles or songs that will grab the general public's attention, I just think in a lot of cases, her choruses need work and working with other people may bring about more interesting and less monotonous parts of her songs.

I must admit that Ultraviolence was harder for me to grasp. I like some of the songs, but I found some of the compositions jarring. She does great with jazz tinged songs and I love her description - a 50s vibe with a bit of soft grunge. Yes please! lol :D

ULTRAVIOLENCE is a Godly album! So fucking solid, dripping reverb, haunting vocals. Heath did great with tropico, old money, but I don't think Lana should continue to work so closely with him anymore. I think his piano/orchestra material is cringe worthy at times, especially the opening of I Can Fly. She should stick with more rock and roll producers and writers, I feel like her cinematic vision is supported by Heath and her vision as an artist outside of film is better suited writing songs with Nowles, Stranathan, Auerbach!!!!!

ULTRAVIOLENCE is a Godly album! So fucking solid, dripping reverb, haunting vocals. Heath did great with tropico, old money, but I don't think Lana should continue to work so closely with him anymore. I think his piano/orchestra material is cringe worthy at times, especially the opening of I Can Fly. She should stick with more rock and roll producers and writers, I feel like her cinematic vision is supported by Heath and her vision as an artist outside of film is better suited writing songs with Nowles, Stranathan, Auerbach!!!!!

Nowels produced I Can Fly. I think that's why it wasn't as smooth as the strings in Big Eyes. I agree with you, it's solid, but the reverb irks me sometimes lol

Judging by her offerings from the Big Eyes soundtrack, I expect excellence from Lana. I want her to continue to grow and explore herself as a woman and artist, and then pour all of that into the new music. I loved Ultraviolence, so I am excited. Hopefully, she will connect with Rick Nowels and some of the other gals who have helped her create, what is to me, her best work.

as much as both Lana and Auerbach expressed mutual admiration for each other's work and effort in making UV I don't foresee her working with him again. The scheduling to finish the album was really a stroke of luck imo, it wouldn't have happened if they weren't in the same place and I don't think she would've actively sought him otherwise. 

BzhmW.png

I don't know what I want for her next album. Born To Die will always be my favorite, but recently I have started to appreciate the hell out of Ultraviolence. If she can top them both then I'll die, I trust her judgement and support her need to explore her sound. She really can do no wrong in the album department, it just works for me either way. If I like it on the spot then great, if I need to warm up to certain songs then so be it. I'll end up loving it anyway. 

But I still think Hollywood needs to get out there, it gives me life. Just throwing it out there  :oic:

1olt2g.jpg

3 albums in and i'm happy to see she's a versatile artist. I thought we would get 3 BTD albums by now, which is fine, i love that stuff, but she's shifted here and there and mixed it up a little which has been good i think. I love that she has enough balls to do something like Ultraviolence after the amount of success she had during the BTD era, she could have played it really safe and just made something that would sell millions, but she stuck to her guns and did what she wanted, lots of respect for that.

Sounds like the next album may be a more return to the lush movie style production we saw with her previous albums, which after Ultraviolence i'm hungry for. I hadn't listened to UV for a few months and played it the other day, it really is a fantastic album, so so good, but Big Eyes has really made me excited for her to tread more familiar territyo this year. I can't wait, she's been very consistent for me music wise, so far she hasn't disappointed me, so i expect her next album to be good.

Thank you! I honestly thought Dan produced it but that does change my perspective!! And ughh I LOVE the reverb hahahaha I could do with more!!!!

Nowels produced I Can Fly. I think that's why it wasn't as smooth as the strings in Big Eyes. I agree with you, it's solid, but the reverb irks me sometimes lol

I'm hoping she ~finds~ herself vocally with this album, sings in her range, whatever. I really want her to go full out jazz, her voice is suited for it.

VyIsfwC.jpg

I just FUCKING hope there is some proper and specific promos.. Like radio, maybe live performances on TV shows.. I didn't like this era. I loved the music and it had a big potential but  :notamused:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore:  :sadcore3:  :sadcore5:  :sadcore6: 

she really needs promo.

ZD6kMi6.jpg?1

I'm hoping she ~finds~ herself vocally with this album, sings in her range, whatever. I really want her to go full out jazz, her voice is suited for it.

At last, someone on my page...

Tracklist for Endless Summer:

1) It's Coming You Little Bitch

2) Dirty Mouth

3) Azealia

4) I Don't Wanna Die

5) 27 Club

6) Courtney Says

7) Maha Maha

8) Kill The Guardian

Tracklist for Endless Summer (Deluxe Edition):

1) It's Coming You Little Bitch

2) Dirty Mouth

3) Azealia

4) I Don't Wanna Die

5) 27 Club

6) Courtney Says

7) Maha Maha

8) Kill The Guardian

9) Sultry Songstress

10) Empty Promises (feat. Release Datez)

11) Passive Aggressive California

12) Mermaid Motel (feat. Azealia Banks)

13) Beach Selfie A Go-Go 

14) 27 Club (feat. Amy Winehouse) [bonus Track]