ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I couldn't resist, I put the recordings on my phone. It's just too good. As always, it appears that Lana's favs are by VERY, VERY far my least favourites :') I'm glad we can both agree that this album phenomenally saves lives though. I can't wait until it gets out, I'm so excited to see the reviews and hear more in depth her views on each song. I would love her to do a track by track interview like she did for Vogue Russia. I'm very surprised at how much I'm enjoying this era, considering I feel a much closer connection to the themes ans aesthetics of Ultraviolence. I love her so much.

ZKcaooE.png

Fucking hope she gets the success she deserves, she's put so much hard work into this album and it intesifies with each listen. Every song tells a different story, it's more than just a song. I never in my life loved a music artist that much until now - her dedication, the way she always comes up with something different in this day and age is something I admire more than you'd think.

I'm hyped as hell.

obUZKpb.gif

My ranking with a few thoughts:

1. Freak - Instant Favorite. Love it. The Chorus was stuck in my head for a long time.
  2. Swan Song - I find myself wanting to replay this again and again...I love the chorus and the production, beautiful song.
  3. Art Deco - I love the vocal delivery, can't wait to hear it in HQ
  4. The Blackest Day - Perfect song, I love how hard-hitting it is and the lyrics are really good.
  5. Salvatore - Beautiful song and it's nice that she utilizes the "ooooh" sounds she likes to put at the end of live performances
  6. Religion - The "you're my religion, the way I'm living" line is so catchy and nice to listen to, and when she sings allelujah it also sounds great.
  7. High By The Beach - Solid song, I still like it
  8. God Knows I Tried - AKA music to cut yourself to. I love that she delivered a really sad depressing song, most of the songs are not sad enough on this album.
  9. Music To Watch Boys To - We hyped this so much....it's a nice song, but far from being the strongest on the album. Still really good though, I love the flute.
  10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - I think this will be a lot better once we get it in HQ. I like Lana's vocal delivery.
  11. Honeymoon - The song is worth listening to because of the bridge, but it takes a long time for it to get there
  12. 24 - Not really feeling this one as much as the others. I love the "and that's isn't enough to love like you love and lie like you lie" line though.
  13. Terrence Loves You - Amazing Bridge and really nice to listen to.
  14. Burnt Norton - Great instrumental. Very atmospheric.

My ranking with a few thoughts:

1. Freak - Instant Favorite. Love it. The Chorus was stuck in my head for a long time.
  2. Swan Song - I find myself wanting to replay this again and again...I love the chorus and the production, beautiful song.
  3. Art Deco - I love the vocal delivery, can't wait to hear it in HQ
  4. The Blackest Day - Perfect song, I love how hard-hitting it is and the lyrics are really good.
  5. Salvatore - Beautiful song and it's nice that she utilizes the "ooooh" sounds she likes to put at the end of live performances
  6. Religion - The "you're my religion, the way I'm living" line is so catchy and nice to listen to, and when she sings allelujah it also sounds great.
  7. High By The Beach - Solid song, I still like it
  8. God Knows I Tried - AKA music to cut yourself to. I love that she delivered a really sad depressing song, most of the songs are not sad enough on this album.
  9. Music To Watch Boys To - We hyped this so much....it's a nice song, but far from being the strongest on the album. Still really good though, I love the flute.
  10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - I think this will be a lot better once we get it in HQ. I like Lana's vocal delivery.
  11. Honeymoon - The song is worth listening to because of the bridge, but it takes a long time for it to get there
  12. 24 - Not really feeling this one as much as the others. I love the "and that's isn't enough to love like you love and lie like you lie" line though.
  13. Terrence Loves You - Amazing Bridge and really nice to listen to.
  14. Burnt Norton - Great instrumental. Very atmospheric.

Thanks for it ! Interesting... So exited by Swan Song & God Knows I Tried w/ your text.

I resists so good, I didn't played any UO recordings. I'll discover this album lonely with full HD in my ears, just can't wait.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Everyone hypes GKIT but complained about dull choruses.

Like, ok, the instrumental, the production and her vocals seem more interesting than let#s say Guns And Roses. BUT the chorus part with all these "God Knows I blah" parts is soooo repetitive and becomes annoying quite fast in my opinion.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!