Lana Del Rey

Last Movie You Watched?

The Lighthouse (2019) really is about two men struggling coming to terms with their blatant homosexuality for each other huh

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

On 12/28/2020 at 4:11 PM, Eldar said:

It's beautiful, I watched it yesterday and I really liked it! Did you like it?

Yup, I loved it! The plot was quite simple and yet it managed to hit me right in the feels. I didn't find it soppy at all, which is not a given IMHO because serious topics like cancer or domestic violence sometimes end up being banalized when portrayed in films or TV shows. And I don't know much about acting but to me it was great :heart: (I mean, Matt Damon and Danny DeVito are in it) 

Wonder Woman 1984

I loved the first one and Diana's one of my favorite DC characters but after all the wait and the trailers, the movie itself was somewhat of a disappointment... I didn't like the ridiculous way they wrote Steve Trevor back in and Pedro Pascal had way, way too much screen time - whereas Kristen Wiig, a definite highlight of the film, had way too little. She stole the show in every scene she was in and the Cheetah CGI wasn't really that bad, at least not on Cats level, so I hope she's making a comeback in the sequel(s) but I doubt it :biblio: For an 80's film there were so many missed opportunities, like the use of color and uhm, synths - Hans Zimmer himself did the score and it's mediocre to say the least? The Sebastian Böhm remix of Blue Monday in the first trailer was so good I wish we had something like it in the actual film. I do love Gal Gadot despite all the controversy and I felt so bad for Diana in certain scenes; much like the ending of the first film, the end of WW84 also felt very melancholic :defeated:

Currently watching A Notorious Affair (1930) starring Billie Dove, Basil Rathbone, and Kay Francis. 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Sound of Metal. Free on Amazon Prime about a metalhead drummer who goes deaf and has to come to terms with his new reality. I absolutely expect it to be nominated for Best Picture, Actor, and Supporting actor. Beautiful and inspiring yet gritty and real-no lifetime moments here. Shines an incredible light on the deaf community and I was in tears by its perfect ending. 

Watched Sleeping Beauty (1959) last night on Disney+, because it is hands down my favourite disney movie of all time.
But I can't help but feel that the opening scenes have been completely overhauled visually.
It felt like I was starting a COMPLETELY different movie than the one I used to watch on VHS as a child.
But still Disney's best :oprah: