Sign in to follow this  
National Anthem

alt-J

alt-j.jpg

alt-J (∆)

Why don't we already have a thread for this band??? They are super good. Anyone here a fan? I have been aware of them for a few years but actually just got into them through a friend some days ago and they are so great, I'm not sure why I never took much notice to their records in the past. Very great music for relaxing and thinking.

alt_j_300x300_js_290812.jpg      large_alt-j-this-is-all-yours_1.jpg

H0bDaqU.gif

They're fantastic, I love Matilda and Breezeblocks! :D Their last album is not great as "An Awesome Wawe", but I like very much.

They're also nominated for some awards... I hope that they win the Grammy awards. :D

I have to get into this band still. I just started getting into them too. They are supposedly the #1 up and coming band that people want at Coachella 2015, and my friend got to be up close to them at their gig in San Diego this past October.  Aaaaah!

If I wanted to get into their music, which album should I listen to first? Thanks!

Okay, I'm gonna make you a little playlist of my favorites! 

Listen to:

1. Taro (my personal favorite, and one of their most powerful songs... makes me cry sometimes lol)
  2. Adeline (their newest single and quickly becoming a favorite of mine!)
  3. Breezeblocks (one of their more popular songs, it's pretty good)
  4. Left Hand Free (another popular one!)
  5. Every Other Freckle  (the lyrics are so funky and the production is stellar)
  6. Tessellate  (another very popular one like Breezeblocks)
  7. Dissolve Me (a feel good song!)
  8. Nara (would recommend listening to this once you've already gotten into them, another one of my favorites)
  9. Ms (reminds me of summer, kind of like Dissolve Me)
  10. Dancing In The Moonlight (a great cover)
  11. Hunger Of The Pine (one of my favorites, a classic! Miley Cyrus is sampled in this one ahahaha)
  12. Something Good (another classic, one of my favorites as well)
  13. The Gospel Of John Hurt (cool production and interesting lyrics)

Also Bloodflow Pt. I and II are both great songs about a time one of the band members got mugged. 

Edit: oMG I am thinking about the lyrics and story behind Taro and it is def. my favorite. Look up the story behind it!

Okay, I'm gonna make you a little playlist of my favorites! 

Listen to:

1. Taro (my personal favorite, and one of their most powerful songs... makes me cry sometimes lol)
  2. Adeline (their newest single and quickly becoming a favorite of mine!)
  3. Breezeblocks (one of their more popular songs, it's pretty good)
  4. Left Hand Free (another popular one!)
  5. Every Other Freckle  (the lyrics are so funky and the production is stellar)
  6. Tessellate  (another very popular one like Breezeblocks)
  7. Dissolve Me (a feel good song!)
  8. Nara (would recommend listening to this once you've already gotten into them, another one of my favorites)
  9. Ms (reminds me of summer, kind of like Dissolve Me)
  10. Dancing In The Moonlight (a great cover)
  11. Hunger Of The Pine (one of my favorites, a classic! Miley Cyrus is sampled in this one ahahaha)
  12. Something Good (another classic, one of my favorites as well)
  13. The Gospel Of John Hurt (cool production and interesting lyrics)

Also Bloodflow Pt. I and II are both great songs about a time one of the band members got mugged. 

Edit: oMG I am thinking about the lyrics and story behind Taro and it is def. my favorite. Look up the story behind it!

Ok thanks for the list! I love the way that a lot of their titles sound (like, the wording of the titles, if that makes sense) and the cover art has always stood out to me from the albums so I will definitely have to give these songs a listen. Again, thanks! :)