leaked_version

Lana on the charts and sales - Overall discussion

12 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

charts are also a way to see how your work is received by the public (in an ideal world where charts are not manipulated)

if not in absolute numbers, but then in relative numbers to your other work

and you don't want to make an album that no one likes, even critics can only tell you part of the truth

that’s not really the case at all, charts are a measure of how popular you are. “how work is received by the public” is also kind of irrelevant when you’re talking about measuring true artistry considering 95% of the public doesn’t actually know anything about music, which is why shit songs and albums are always dominating the charts

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

that’s not really the case at all, charts are a measure of how popular you are. “how work is received by the public” is also kind of irrelevant when you’re talking about measuring true artistry considering 95% of the public doesn’t actually know anything about music

true, but then most "true artists" are so unknown that they die in oblivion :deadbanana:

somehow you have to find a middle way to bring your work to the people as well

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Real fans know Lana does indeed care about sales.

:eartha:

Edited by angelphoenix
pls dont start with the real fans this real fans that shit lmao

gWCT.gif

:hoe:

Just now, anwdelrey said:

wouldn't say she really cares about sales but she most definitely cares about critical acclaim and gp opinion of her. Someone who actually didn't care wouldn't rage respond to a random article about her album on her instagram story saying how much she "doesn't" care about their opinion:smile2:.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

"Real fans" my ass. "Real fans" knew that the vinyl versions weren't available for the first week of Blue Banisters, and you're clearly not the one. :smokes:

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

wouldn't say she really cares about sales but she most definitely cares about critical acclaim and gp opinion of her. Someone who actually didn't care wouldn't rage respond to a random article about her album on her instagram story saying how much she "doesn't" care about their opinion:smile2:.

She has almost always acknowledged her first week sales/position on the charts. She’s been proud of her number 1s. Her team has discounted her albums to secure the number 1. If you’ve been around, you know this.

2 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

"Real fans" my ass. "Real fans" knew that the vinyl versions weren't available for the first week of Blue Banisters, and you're clearly not the one. :smokes:

Actually real real fans know that some did ship out during the first week and when they did ship out they only contributed, like, 8k sales LOL. So the album still wouldn’t have done well.

(Also I’m only kidding about the real fans part y’all don’t take me seriously ever.)

She has almost always acknowledged her first week sales/position on the charts. She’s been proud of her number 1s. Her team has discounted her albums to secure the number 1. If you’ve been around, you know this.

You can be proud without caring that much:hide: if she really cared she would do more promo and make more "accessible" streaming-friendly music.

Just now, taco truck said:

You can be proud without caring that much:hide: if she really cared she would do more promo and make more "accessible" streaming-friendly music.

I’m not saying she cares a lot, but she definitely cares. I just think it’s an easy cop out to be like “oh she doesn’t care if she sells 1k she’s only in it for the music” like be serious.

I’m not saying she cares a lot, but she definitely cares. I just think it’s an easy cop out to be like “oh she doesn’t care if she sells 1k she’s only in it for the music” like be serious.

i think most fans just don't even care if she cares, i'm not gonna spend $200 on different vinyl of the same album just so lana can maybe go #1 for a week lol

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Can she post I’m so sick of this topic :bebe: 

I'm sick of this topic too but probably for a different reason than most:trisha:

Just now, taco truck said:

i think most fans just don't even care if she cares, i'm not gonna spend $200 on different vinyl of the same album just so lana can maybe go #1 for a week lol

That reminds me I’ve never purchased a Lana vinyl. Hm.

1 hour ago, lilac heaven said:

why do y’all care about charts OR sales at all… charts are not and never have been in her top 100 priorities and she is a millionaire, if she sells 5 copies of the album she’ll be fine

it’s so funny watching obvious stans of the big pop girls who actually do care about that stuff projecting that same thing onto lana

just talking about it doesn’t mean you care  :awkney: "projecting that thing onto lana” bffr :rip:

6 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

just talking about it doesn’t mean you care but sure :awkney: "projecting that thing onto lana” bffr :rip:

girl i never said that was for the people just talking/discussing it, i’ve talked about it too, what i said is very clearly aimed at the people who CARE about her chart positions like i mentioned. and anyone who genuinely does care about that in terms of Lana is indeed projecting their expectations of other artists with completely different careers onto her, because what has that woman ever done post-UV that insinuated charts and sales were important or relevant to her :awkney: