leaked_version

Lana on the charts and sales - Overall discussion

This is insane 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Now that the Christmas music is mostly done skewing the charts I figured I’d update this. 

7-A348-DCD-8-FA2-401-E-8879-AD1-F9681-B0 

BTD steadily climbing 

9-BFB99-B2-B413-4198-A258-C4-BC999-CC479 

overall Spotify streams for december

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

Just now, Jaeden xx said:

the hold that she has on music but like no one I know IRL over like 35 knows her or listens to her? Her power

It's absolutely insane the longevity of BTD. It's personally a favorite of mine since I was first listening when it dropped but man it seems that a lot of younger people like it. The production has also aged like wine unlike some other music from this time period :oprah3:

last.fm

15 minutes ago, For K said:

It's absolutely insane the longevity of BTD. It's personally a favorite of mine since I was first listening when it dropped but man it seems that a lot of younger people like it. The production has also aged like wine unlike some other music from this time period :oprah3:

also if she over decides to release an unreleased album she will become a billionaire the fact that Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight has over 8 million streams on Soundcloud, Dragonslayer already has 37k listens on Soundcloud and 24k on YouTube . Even She's Not Me has over 1 million streams on Soundcloud like its obvious she isn't doing it for the money thats for sure :nails:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

1 minute ago, Jaeden xx said:

also if she over decides to release an unreleased album she will become a billionaire the fact that Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight has over 8 million streams on Soundcloud, Dragonslayer already has 37k listens on Soundcloud and 24k on YouTube . Even She's Not Me has over 1 million streams on Soundcloud like its obvious she isn't doing it for the money thats for sure :nails:

Literally. I understand her hesitation and all of the complications of figuring out payouts for all her former producers if she made an unreleased album but she really should. The problem is she has enough unreleased songs to make 20+ albums at minimum :awkney:

last.fm

9770-E348-D3-B0-4-E6-C-A702-66-D0-B7842547.jpg 

Born to Die is likely to break into the top 50 again next week. Jumped 13 positions in just a week :bored: This likely was such a big jump because of all the Xmas stuff falling off since the holiday season is mostly over but I still suspect BTD is gonna break top 50 if it continues the traction it's been picking up. 

Not to mention it had its biggest streaming day EVER just the other day at 4,390,869 streams on Spotify. 

last.fm

Prefacing this by saying this info is brought to you by @/ChartLana on Twitter. They're super good at what they do so I highly recommend giving them a follow.

Here's the noteworthy news of the day:

Overall:

• Lana was the 3rd most streamed female artist on Spotify for the third day in a row.
  • Lana has over 15 BILLION total streams on spotify across all credited songs. 

Born to Die: 4,378,097 Streams on Spotify yesterday

Ultraviolence: Hit new streaming record for a single day on Spotify, at 2,752,096 streams

Honeymoon: Biggest streaming day since 2015 on Spotify, at 737,786 streams

Lust For Life: 1,043,585 streams yesterday on Spotify

Norman Fucking Rockwell!: 2,411,397 streams yesterday on Spotify 

Chemtrails over the Country Club: 388,962 streams yesterday on Spotify 

Blue Banisters: 769,209 streams yesterday on Spotify 

Noteworthy News for Individual Songs: 

• Cinnamon Girl received 402,495 streams, it's biggest day since September 2019 
  • DYKTTATUOB- Single received 301,140 streams yesterday and is maintaining the 300,000 range.

last.fm

2 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

@For K, I was waiting for you to post this but I couldn’t wait anymore… HER POWER I’M SO PROUD :wowcry:

Even bigger than the month with the Taylor song (that had like 50M by the end) :creepna2:

I hope the new album does amazing on streaming so they let her release digital first in the future :krylie:

giphy.gif

why do y’all care about charts OR sales at all… charts are not and never have been in her top 100 priorities and she is a millionaire, if she sells 5 copies of the album she’ll be fine :awkney: it’s so funny watching obvious stans of the big pop girls who actually do care about that stuff projecting that same thing onto lana

Just now, lilac heaven said:

why do y’all care about charts OR sales at all… charts are not and never have been a top 100 priority for lana herself and she is a millionaire, if she sells 5 copies of the album she’ll be fine :awkney: it’s so funny watching obvious stans of the big pop girls who actually do care about that stuff projecting that same thing onto lana

so they can say "my fav outsold yours" :flop:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

17 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

why do y’all care about charts OR sales at all… charts are not and never have been in her top 100 priorities and she is a millionaire, if she sells 5 copies of the album she’ll be fine :awkney: it’s so funny watching obvious stans of the big pop girls who actually do care about that stuff projecting that same thing onto lana

I do. Guess I am projecting. It is funny when Taylor had all ten spots on the BB Hot 100 on her album release. Drake duplicated that the following week when he released, except he couldn't unseat Taylor's #1, so he did a screenshot but crossed out Taylor Swift at the top spot . . . It says something about society, how men are raised, how they view women.

FhjlDD5UcAAp-V_?format=jpg&name=medium

I like when Lana has material success so all the Dave Grohl's and others cool to her spot in the industry can grind their teeth! (Dave Grohl is proud he talked his daughter out of buying Lana Del Rey when he treated her at a record store, instead talking her into some traditional rock album. But then, he was mean to Courtney.)

Edited by Louise
Edited to add image.

55 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

charts are also a way to see how your work is received by the public (in an ideal world where charts are not manipulated)

if not in absolute numbers, but then in relative numbers to your other work

and you don't want to make an album that no one likes, even critics can only tell you part of the truth

59 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

all of the gay GenZ twinks people here are used to the pop machine that delivers products with specific datelines, and Lana has been able to circumvent most of that as long as she does the bare minimum of what her label/management needs from her. If the people that have been a fan of hers since UV are STILL looking for conventional release dates from Lana, they should wear a clown nose to compliment that feeling

some people take it too hard because numbers and statistics are a mental hobby; good statistics are used to compliment whether or not something is inherently good, and people use it as solid evidence that said thing (movie, music, sports team, consumer electronics, etc.) is worth something, even if its not. 

People like to argue about high chart positions because it validates the music they listen to. 

just as heterosexuals like to argue about sport scores, homosexuals argue about music chart position 

Just as someone doesn't care about how many #1's or Grammys Rihanna has, I don't care about how many home runs or championship rings Tom Brady has. Its all subjective 

I don’t argue about sports and I don’t give a damn about chart positions . Am I an alien ? 👽 

Joke aside , I totally agree about the clown nose to any one who expects conventional release dates .