Sign in to follow this  
Gecko

Marilyn Manson

I wasn't sure how to feel about The Pale Emperor. Third Day of A Seven Day Binge took me some time to get into, it was the same with Deep Six. After these two singles, I had low expectations for the album, only looking foreward to Cupid Carries A Gun, because of the Salem preview.  However, I have to say, I was suprised by the album in a positive way.

Killing Strangers is a good intro of the kind of If I was A Vampyre.

Deep Six sounds much better in the context of the album.

Third Day of A Seven Day binge ... I think it really grew a lot on me since the release.

The Mephistoteles Of Los Angeles is a great track, it has a very cinematic undertone. Definitly one of the halbum's highlights.

Warship My Wreck .. hm. It's a good track but way too long. It would be better if it was shorter, at least that#s how i feel about it at the moment.

Slave Only Dreams To Be King is my favourite from this record. I love the beat, the way it drops in after the speach-sample at the beginning. I love the melody and the way it changes during the song.

The Devil Beneath My Feet is a solid manson song, however, I guess that either way it is not a big stand-out (at least for me) or I will need some more time to get into it.

Birds Of Hell Awaiting is the only song I don't really like on this record. I don't know, I just don't like it, neither the sound nor the lyrics appeal to me. But it was like this with The Reflecting God aswell, and now I really love that song. So we'll see .. however, at this point, I think the album would be good without this song aswell.

Cupid Carries A Gun. I love it. However, it feels a bit thrown together, but still, the instrumental and the pound me the witch drums parts are gorgeous.

Odds Of Even is a typical Manson closer. But a very very good one.

I also love the three bonus tracks. Especially the "acoustic" version of Third Day of A Seven Day Binge slays me.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

mm.jpg

Hey girls !
I create a thread about MM, I can't find one here.
New album "WE ARE CHAOS" is out.

1.RED BLACK AND BLUE

2.WE ARE CHAOS

3.DON'T CHASE THE DEAD

4.PAINT YOU WITH MY LOVE

5.HALF-WAY AND ONE STEP FORWARD

6.INFINITE DARKNESS

7.PERFUME

8.KEEP MY HEAD TOGETHER

9.SOLVE COAGULA

10.BROKEN NEEDLE

11.WE ARE CHAOS (Acoustic)

12.BROKEN NEEDLE (Acoustic)

+ WE ARE KHAOS (Remix)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I was a big fan of Manson's 2015 "The Pale Emperor". Apart from the fact that I loved the production, song concepts and the display of his vocals, it kind of showed that even an artist like Marilyn Manson can grow with dignity and without desperately trying to recreate former succes. "The Pale Emperor" sounded great and had everything a Manson album needed without ´trying to be overly shocking, dark and heavy for the sake of it.

I'm pretty disappointed with "Heaven Upside Down" though. Everything he did great with "The Pale Emperor", he did wrong here. It feels like a rehash of  "Antichrist Superstar"'s glory gone terribly wron.. Things that were shocking and provocative in Manson's peak just feel boring or even embarassing by now. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten - revelations come in twelve, I'll say it again" is cringy and the "Satan/Say10" wordplay won't raise any eyebrow. The album's not bad or anything, but it feels uninspired and forgetable - I think it won't age well and just be "one of Manson's many album" more than soon.
"KILL4ME" is not very innovative, but it's fun as hell. Emotional songs are not really his strongest department, yet "Blood Honey" is pretty nice. And then there is "Saturnalia", a track I honestly LOVE. Rest of the tracks dangle between "nice" and "boring".

I was a big fan of Manson's 2015 "The Pale Emperor". Apart from the fact that I loved the production, song concepts and the display of his vocals, it kind of showed that even an artist like Marilyn Manson can grow with dignity and without desperately trying to recreate former succes. "The Pale Emperor" sounded great and had everything a Manson album needed without ´trying to be overly shocking, dark and heavy for the sake of it.

I'm pretty disappointed with "Heaven Upside Down" though. Everything he did great with "The Pale Emperor", he did wrong here. It feels like a rehash of  "Antichrist Superstar"'s glory gone terribly wron.. Things that were shocking and provocative in Manson's peak just feel boring or even embarassing by now. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten - revelations come in twelve, I'll say it again" is cringy and the "Satan/Say10" wordplay won't raise any eyebrow. The album's not bad or anything, but it feels uninspired and forgetable - I think it won't age well and just be "one of Manson's many album" more than soon.

"KILL4ME" is not very innovative, but it's fun as hell. Emotional songs are not really his strongest department, yet "Blood Honey" is pretty nice. And then there is "Saturnalia", a track I honestly LOVE. Rest of the tracks dangle between "nice" and "boring".

I really share your feelings, even if I can listen to Heaven Upside Down easily, liking it, all you said is true. I love "The Pale Emperor" too, I re-discovered it recently and the only one thing I can blame is the overproduction on some tracks. But things like "Odds Of Even" are MAD (especially the last part of the song, so powerful and deep). And what do you think about High End Of Low / Born Villain ?

I love them both, and feel they are underrated. HEOL is pretty pop-rock but still very great to me.

Marilyn Manson is my all time fave and Tattooed In Reverse may be one of his best songs I was SHOOK when I first played it

wild that this thread is made today when Im doing a full re-listen to the tryptic 

Yes, I like this song too, very catchy :hooker:

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I really share your feelings, even if I can listen to Heaven Upside Down easily, liking it, all you said is true. I love "The Pale Emperor" too, I re-discovered it recently and the only one thing I can blame is the overproduction on some tracks. But things like "Odds Of Even" are MAD (especially the last part of the song, so powerful and deep). And what do you think about High End Of Low / Born Villain ?

I love them both, and feel they are underrated. HEOL is pretty pop-rock but still very great to me.

I actually really liked HEOL. However, I'd actually call it overproduced over TPE (which production was pretty good IMO). But I thought it was a fun album with songs like WOW.

Born Villain ... never really got into it.