Sign in to follow this  
drewby

Ivy Levan

IvyLevan-EliasTahan-Galore-1-web.jpg

Ivy Levan is an American pop recording artist, model and actress from Bentonville, Arkansas. Ivy is currently signed to Cherrytree Records, part of Interscope Records.

og-ivylevan.jpg

- Ivy has released an EP album in 2013 under Interscope Records titled Introducing The Dame. The EP features the single "Hot Damn"

- In June of 2013, Ivy Levan supported Fitz & The Tantrums

- In October 2013, she supported Emeli Sandè

- Last week she released her lead single "Biscuit" off her upcoming debut album

Described as: swamp-hop

Sounds like: A better, soulful Porcelain Black, Imelda May and Xtina

For fans of: Natalia Kills or any other ~edgy pop girl, or fans of the good songs off "Bionic"

get your asses in here @@National Anthem @ @@borntodie @ @@Atom Heart @@SitarHero @@comeintomybedroom @@iseeyouupsidedown @@Sucker @@Hellish @@naachoboy @@Heaux

BzhmW.png

Ok, I am diving in. 

At first glance she kind of reminded me of Cher Lloyd in the first picture. Cher Lloyd with Lana's fingers and blonde hair.

I listened to "Hot Damn" first and was so-so at first because I wasn't quite sure what I was listening to. I listened to it twice and it definitely isn't a bad song, but it just isn't that memorable. 

Now, on the other hand, I think that "Biscuit" is really good. I think that it definitely has an infectious radio beat and, with the right marketing, I think that this could definitely get her noticed. 

Her voice is very interesting, I agree that she definitely is giving me some Xtina somewhere in that voice. She has one of those voices that is very distinct and you would be able to tell that it was her on the radio. She is definitely the kind of artist that Interscope would sign, but what is interesting is that I would have expected Interscope to do a major marketing push after signing her. 

The idea of swamp-hop is kind of cool too, and if this is the kind of production that the rest of her album is going to have she will definitely have other radio-friendly music. 

(So throughout this post I have replayed Biscuit about 5 times, so theres that :smile2: )

I knew her through Willam Belli's facebook and legit I though she was either a drag or trans but either way I'm living it

tumblr_n1ksrkzDay1r9zlfvo2_500.gif

I kinda hate the video for Biscuit, it has such a great outfits/scenes and then you see the puppet Biscuit, science is too damn far so they can make a digital dancing Biscuit but NOOOOO let's make a damn ass looking real Biscuit dance.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Can we talk about the album snippets?

Can we talk about her vocals though?

Can we talk about this underrated-chanteuse!?

Man...I am so ready!

"Your love makes me no good, i'm just no good"

fW5J7mO.gif

Can we talk about the album snippets?

Can we talk about her vocals though?

Can we talk about this underrated-chanteuse!?

Man...I am so ready!

"Your love makes me no good, i'm just no good"

fW5J7mO.gif

can we talk about how it's ALBUM RELEASE WEEK

and there's no hype for it because the label is seriously doing jackshit for her

exceptionally awful 

do we still think so after hearing previews of the album?

BzhmW.png

okay this is weird cause i just clicked on this thread because ive never heard of her, and i needed new music to listen to, but she lives in bentonville arkansas which is like 30 minutes from my house

pNjWdpc.png