Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

What are the horror movies that you've really enjoyed enough to watch multiple times?

Freddie Vs Jason :toofunny: idk why. It's embarrassing really. But I find Gibb so hot so that helped

Ginger Snaps. It's really my favourite movie of all time. Also Ginger Snaps 3.

The VVitch, absolutely fantastic movie.

And I wanna find more.

The Grudge, Orphan, The Ring, REC ( :P ) and... would Jennifer's Body count? Ah, and I Spit On Your Grave and Jaws (love it!)

Has anyone seen the new Grudge movie? and is it good?

Insidious: Chapter 3 (all time fav horror movie)

Don't Breathe

Evil Dead (2013) 

Carrie (2013) (yup 2013 version is better there I said it)

As Above, So Below

Jason X

New Grudge movie?  :creep: Here we go again!  :justride2:  :justride2:  :justride2:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Has anyone seen the new Grudge movie? and is it good?

Insidious: Chapter 3 (all time fav horror movie)

Don't Breathe

Evil Dead (2013) 

Carrie (2013) (yup 2013 version is better there I said it)

As Above, So Below

Jason X

and the whole Ju-On series is fun if you're into Japanese horror flicks 

Okay I do love Carrie as well. I had a big problem with Chloe Grace Moretz being her, even though i like her acting, shes too pretty and that was half the reason Carrie was bullied in the book, for having acne and being a little on the bigger side... But the 2013 movie was very good. Im an outlier that likes the 2002 movie the most lol. I even really enjoy The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999)  :toofunny: those I have watched many times. 

The Grudge, Orphan, The Ring, REC ( :P ) and... would Jennifer's Body count? Ah, and I Spit On Your Grave and Jaws (love it!)

New Grudge movie?  :creep: Here we go again!  :justride2:  :justride2:  :justride2:

I hear you  :hooker: its on my to-do list hehe. 

If Jennifers Body counts then The Love Witch counts. My second all time fave movie

P.S. Jennifers Body is very close to the Ginger Snaps story. Only Ginger Snaps uses sisters rather than best friends, and lycanthropy rather than becoming a demon. Ginger Snaps is the goth girl original version of Jennifers Body  :flutter:

I have lots of horror movies I love (Us, Hereditary, 30 Days of Night eh) but I am loving all the movies about zombies/pandemics at the moment. They're a little formulaic once you're watching them back to back, but there is a weird comfort in them and I love me some jump scares. I've seen (in order of entertainment)

• Train to Busan
  • Contagion
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • I Am Legend
  • World War Z

I wanna watch 28 Days Later but it's not on any Aus. streaming services atm! 

Also shout out to 30 Days of Night for this eye watering scene :excited:

tumblr_omj378Cfv51ra4318o2_500.gifv

3lfQEhw.png

Watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) for the first time ever last night. I guess I had always been reluctant to watch it because it was always hard to understand the culture surrounding it if you could not comprehend the movie. However, I finally said fuck it and ignored the fact that theatre kids have bled every scene of this movie dry for inspiration, and much to my surprise, I was actually IN LOVE with this film. The entire Lore of it and concept is just so daring for its time, it’s like this movie came out a few years ago. I feel like my bff and I were the only people to ever catch all the nazi symbolism thrown in your face every five seconds. From the pink triangle Frank wears to the silver cross ring adorned by Eddie. And the reference to A Triumph of Will, Dr. VONN scott. Janet Weiss is actually referred to as Janet VIESS at one point by Brad (wtf?). The tattoo on Franks leg is actually the unisex ear de parfum that HITLER used to wear. Weird. I think the general intention of all the undertones is to imply that Frank had escaped their planet which was governed by Fascism? ‘Tis quite a lot to process especially because I still had to comprehend the REST of the movie as well. Love Susan Sarandon in everything ever. Found out she got pneumonia and influenza while filming because there were no on-set latrines and she was in the pool for so long, and even though she became ill, she refused to stop filming. I could write a novel about how blown away I am by this film and how grateful I am to have been able to wait to watch it all these years. My next step however, is to dress in almost nothing and go see this sh*t live! :gclap:

Ok i just watched Black Christmas (1974) the other day and i wasn’t wowed when it was over but after a few days thinking about it later something about it gave me an even more creepy feeling than when watching and i kinda love it now (?). there’s something about Jess. also the killer never being revealed worked wayyyy better than i thought it would. 

SPOILERS

i just have two things to say ...i had known about it for a while and i had heard that the calls coming from inside the house was supposed to be a twist type thing. but we’ve always known that the billy was in the attic since the first kill so i don’t understand how that was a twist at all? then there’s the obvious twist that the killer is still in the house at the end which i thought worked well. 

the second thing ....i absolutely loveeeeed that they didn’t show Jess killing her boyfriend. with the abortion storyline ....she could’ve killed him just cause she wanted to and not because she thought he was the killer. she could’ve killed him knowing she’d get away with it knowing the situation they were in. literally obsessed

On 3/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, annedauphine said:

Anyone has seen Raw? It looks awesome but I think it's gonna disgust me

I've been thinking of watching it as well! When it first came out I was like aww hell no but now... hmmm. :crossed:

I love watching a good horror film/ psychological thriller every now and then but I can't put up with any animal/children abuse.

I always check https://www.doesthedogdie.com/ first to give you an idea so I think I'll give Raw a miss tbh :creep:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

I saw Raw so long ago but I think I liked it for what it was lol

-

I had Blood Tea and Red String on as a background movie and even though it's technically not under horror, there were some unsettling aspects :tommy:

It's on Amazon Prime for instant streaming 

I’m currently watching ‘The Texas Chain Saw Massacre’ for the first time, as part of a 17 film long Horror movie binge I’m doing this summer. please recommend me some good slasher/old cult classic horrors for me to add to my list! :party:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

33 minutes ago, Style said:

I’m currently watching ‘The Texas Chain Saw Massacre’ for the first time, as part of a 17 film long Horror movie binge I’m doing this summer. please recommend me some good slasher/old cult classic horrors for me to add to my list! :party:

I enjoyed TCSM a lot but I don't think I'd care to watch the other ones, esp the remake :/

This post was trending the other day, maybe a pic you could use as a reference 

1 minute ago, VioletPrincess said:

I enjoyed TCSM a lot but I don't think I'd care to watch the other ones, esp the remake :/

This post was trending the other day, maybe a pic you could use as a reference 

TYSM!!!! and yeah i don’t think i’m going to watch the others in the series, i was just looking at their wikipedia’s and they all got negative reviews :awk:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

1 hour ago, Style said:

TYSM!!!! and yeah i don’t think i’m going to watch the others in the series, i was just looking at their wikipedia’s and they all got negative reviews :awk:

IMO the vintage 70's aesthetic really gives it some flavor :sass: and makes it grittier and scarier to watch so the modern/dark look of the others is more unnapealing

I actually watched the original The Last House on the Left bc the 60s/70s look made me interested, but the movie was so bad I don't recommend it lol