Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

Have any of you guys seen Malignant?

I also watched a movie called “Seance” last night, it was pretty good, not very spooky but I liked the idea

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

On 10/14/2021 at 5:35 AM, yayoop said:

Have any of you guys seen Malignant?

I also watched a movie called “Seance” last night, it was pretty good, not very spooky but I liked the idea

Malignant is my favorite movie of the year so far! It’s quite literally horror perfection, the gore was amazing and it was so incredibly camp. 

I’ll add Seance to my watchlist as well!

okay so i forgot to share my opinions on here about halloween kills! disclaimer: dont read if you haven’t seen it :hooker:

i absolutely LOVED kills. it was so bloody, gruesome, and pretty terrifying. michael was such a terrifying villain, the name lives up to the content. it was honestly one of my favorite in the franchise… probably top 3

If anyone is interested I just finished a Thai-South Korean documentary style film called “The Medium”. it’s from this year and was a total slow burn but so worth it, my lord there were so many unsettling things happening in this film. 

Would totally recommend it and would love to hear people’s thoughts about it

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

What’s everyone’s favorite movie from the big 3 franchises?

(Bonus points if it’s not the first movie)

Nightmare on Elm Street: part 3 Dream Warriors

Halloween: the 1978 original

Friday the 13th: part 6 Jason Lives (but I love them all, especially part 2 and Jason X)

I watched American Mary last night and it was really good tbh! The second half def feels rushed (The ending is a choice and some parts of the plot def didn't age well :biblio:) but I'd say that it's still one of the best movies I've watched lately. I highly recommend it for fans of body horror movies

The trailer:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 1/11/2022 at 10:07 AM, Alison by Slowdive said:

Just watched Mandy w my bf - so good 😭😮💨 I hadn’t even heard of it before. Highly recommend it to anyone who likes lsd, Tulsa Jesus freaks, and smoky neon lighting 

Mandy is my favorite horror movie of all time :) Love when people see it the same way I do

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

Just saw the new Scream: It's really good actually! Imo it's Scream 1 > 4 > 5 >>> 3 > 2

The only thing I think was tarnishing it is how they tried to make every character related to characters of previous movies, which just made it confusing :oprah2:

However the deaths were really gory and really good imo

Anyone seen the new A24 movie X? I saw it last night because I’m obsessed with Mia Goth and her acting choices are always so interesting (Nymphomaniac, Cure for Wellness etc.) and am super intrigued with Jenna Ortega, I loved the movie I thought it was great, I’m seeing a few people slating it though saying it’s nothing special but I think if you’re a proper horror fan who gets all the homages and little nods to other horror classics and classic horror ways of editing/filming then you’ll love this movie it’s so much fun

giphy.gif

finally finished every single paranormal activity movie after starting it over a year ago.. i really didn't like the first movie mostly because of micah, the embodiment of the horror movie husband/bf trope and the worst fictional character of all time, so i was reluctant to continue. there's EIGHT films :tommy:. here is my final ranking

1. 2 & tokyo nights tie (TN is a japanese fan sequel to the first movie, quite good imo)

2. the marked ones (5)

3. 3

4. 1

5. next of kin (7)

6. 4

7. ghost dimension (6)

I went to the theatre to see The Black Phone, it's a good thriller movie but really average tbh. It was enjoyable for what it is and I loved the 70s aesthetic but it's basically just another basic child kidnapping hollywood movie just with a guy wearing a scary mask

Some cons about this movie (Includes spoilers):

Spoiler

1. There's not any plot twist

2. The trailer is basically the whole movie, however the scene where the child "escapes" at the end of it is not the true end of the movie

3. A lot of questions are left unanswered and it def feels like lazy writing more than anything

But yeah for a Saturday night movie to relax after work, it was enjoyable :oic3:

a very unpopular opinion in our society I really don't enjoy Ari Aster's movies I'm soo sorry.:yawn: They're not scary at all imo. Or good.

The Excorsist and The Conjuring (the first one) are the best horror movies ever period :party::party:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy