Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

I watched Nope in theaters and I'm kinda mixed about it:

-It's a really enjoyable watch, but much more of a sci-fi thriller / comedy than an horror movie. I'd say there's 2.5 scenes that are really horror but other than that it's not scary at all

-The story itself kinda makes no sense at all

Spoiler

Like they can get out of there alive after seeing it kill a bunch of people but they just go "No let's just take pictures of it and make money" :toofloppy:

Then they decide "Let's risk all of our lives not to kill a horse" and still almost get the horse killed doing so

Also even if it's there just to make the movie more gore the backstory of Jupe is basically useless, it's just scary and add to the overall "Hollywood harms animals" storyline

So yeah it's enjoyable and def a great time but don't expect it to be mind-blowingly good or scary

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

i believe the orphan prequel releases tomorrow and im very excited. its unfortunately not at my theater and i dont have paramount+ but i can open a soap2day tab! :godlaugh2:  orphan was one of my first horror films and is still one of my faves. many iconic moments. this is exactly what i've been waiting for

On 8/16/2022 at 1:40 AM, Inferno Euphoria said:

I watched Nope in theaters and I'm kinda mixed about it:

-It's a really enjoyable watch, but much more of a sci-fi thriller / comedy than an horror movie. I'd say there's 2.5 scenes that are really horror but other than that it's not scary at all

-The story itself kinda makes no sense at all

Hide contents

Like they can get out of there alive after seeing it kill a bunch of people but they just go "No let's just take pictures of it and make money" :toofloppy:

Then they decide "Let's risk all of our lives not to kill a horse" and still almost get the horse killed doing so

Also even if it's there just to make the movie more gore the backstory of Jupe is basically useless, it's just scary and add to the overall "Hollywood harms animals" storyline

So yeah it's enjoyable and def a great time but don't expect it to be mind-blowingly good or scary

the Gordy storyline wasn’t about “Hollywood harms animals” at all, theres a lot to unpack about it but it was basically there to understand Jupes character, in short he developed some kinda complex in which he believes he had a special bond with Gordy so he wouldn’t harm him, he then applies this same logic to the alien/UFO thinking it won’t harm him, he thinks he can tame the beast again like he believes he did with Gordy but he is obviously wrong

also the thing about them staying to get a picture is kinda the whole point Jordan Peele is making with this movie, the lengths people will go to to go viral or make money, the dangerous situations or places they’ll put themselves in etc

giphy.gif

i just watched these back to back in this order

https://letterboxd.com/childofthemoon/film/hellraiser/ - its okay 

https://letterboxd.com/childofthemoon/film/spiral-2019/ - i was so confused i didnt wanna finish the last 1/4 of the film

https://letterboxd.com/childofthemoon/film/scream-queen-my-nightmare-on-elm-street/ - YES PLEASE, more of these documentaries

https://letterboxd.com/childofthemoon/film/queer-for-fear-the-history-of-queer-horror/ - just like SQ! MNOES, i love these documentaries. makes me wanna watch all the films they talked about but i cant buy or rent them yet :crying5:

watched them cos they were on this list

https://www.shudder.com/collections/watch/queer-horror/8a66b7e4a0c715d0

watched the killing of a sacred deer the other night and it was pretty great, v weird and spooky and feat. an absolutely chilling, incredible performance by berry keoghan.

finally saw x (mostly bc i'd heard such good things about pearl, which i'm now dying to see) and it was classic slasher done right– loved the quick back and forth parallel scene cuts.

aOaIzH2.gif

On 12/14/2022 at 9:54 AM, Lindsay Lohan said:

Scream 6 trailer was released

Hide contents

Honestly it just looks like a worse copy of Scream 2 to me :toofunny:

I really wish they would have just waited a year or two before releasing it cause it's obvious it was rushed

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Are there any other horror movie lovers out there??? Let’s revive this thread:godlaugh:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram