Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

So I know Ari Aster only has two movies but I already consider him a favorite director. Hereditary and now Midsommar >>>>>>>>  :gclap:

Hereditary might have been my favorite movie of last year, I'm incredibly hyped for Midsommar, it will get released in my country in September though :(

The Perfection was good. Wouldn't call it horror though. Idk what, maybe thriller?

I can't even remember the last decent horror movie I watched that was actually pure horror

I got REALLY hyped for The Perfection once I read BloodyDisgusting's review about it. It was an okay movie, I believe It could've been miles better tho, the idea was there but I think they executed it really bad, plus some of the acting and the script was not good at all.

But hey that's just me, I saw it with my boyfriend and a friend and they enjoyed it a lot.

What’s everyone’s opinion on the 2018 Halloween sequel film?

And what’s your guys’ opinion on the new Sequel for that movie that’s coming out?

I liked it a lot! It was a very good and solid slasher and I hope we get a sequel, Idk if it's still in progress since Miramax is being sold around (the studio that has the right to both the Halloween and Scream saga).

And I'm so glad that it was a smash in the box office and critics alike, seeing a great solid slasher nowadays it's quite rare.

8nl2OpX.png

I see some of you talked highly of film Suspiria

I am dowloading thru torrent now

Hopefully it is good

Any newer horrors you recommend? from last 12 months

I really liked Suspiria but I'd say you should be careful and have your expectations low, it's not a film for everybody.

This year so far has been pretty weak in my opinion, I recommend "Us" but I can't remember another film right now.

8nl2OpX.png

I went to see Annabelle Comes Home and Midsommar recently.

Annabelle was good as far as the story went, but wasn’t very scary besides normal jump scares. It takes a solid 45 minutes into the movie before anything gets interesting. I don’t feel like it added much to the series besides the way it opened up a lot of new

opportunities for further spinoff movies in the universe.

I enjoyed Midsommar too, which was intense from start to finish with gruesome and graphic imagery throughout much like Hereditary. It’s an uncomfortable movie to watch, but the ending is satisfying if you can get to it. Not scary, but very unnerving at a few parts.

There's rumours about David Gordon Green will come back to direct two sequels from Halloween (2018) back to back and there's the possibilty they might release them in the same month.

This is such a bizarre way to release a trilogy, but I'd be totally down with this idea, they might release them as part I & II.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3571159/halloween-rumor-david-gordon-green-returning-direct-back-back-sequels/

8nl2OpX.png

There's rumours about David Gordon Green will come back to direct two sequels from Halloween (2018) back to back and there's the possibilty they might release them in the same month.

This is such a bizarre way to release a trilogy, but I'd be totally down with this idea, they might release them as part I & II.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3571159/halloween-rumor-david-gordon-green-returning-direct-back-back-sequels/

I would DIE

WE NEED MORE CHASE SCENES!!!

14417469274.gif

What’s everyone’s opinion on the 2018 Halloween sequel film?

I liked the opening credits and the finale, that's about it.

Midsommar will be released here tomorrow so I'm going to see it next week along with The Lion King  :party:

Here’s the trailer for Rob Zombie’s new movie 3 from Hell. It’s the third movie in the Firefly series, continuing directly after the end of The Devil’s Rejects. It will be out in theatres September 16th, 17th, and 18th for 3 nights only.

I’ve been waiting for this movie for 14 years! I’m a big fan of House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil’s Rejects, and almost all Rob Zombie movies, so getting to see this after waiting so long is going to be really exciting. The first two movies are insane, so I can’t really imagine how much worse they can get, but I’m excited to see.

The beginning of Midsommar was good but the rest was a bit too predictable, overall it was better than Hereditary but nothing too special. 

IT: Chapter 2 trailer! Looks better than the first part.

https://youtu.be/Mqa768baFRw

Also, the official Halloween (film) account on Instagram announced TWO sequels coming in the next two years. Halloween Kills will be released on October 16th, 2020 and the third film, Halloween Ends will premiere on October 15th, 2021. I can’t wait for both!

https://instagram.com/p/B0G0tp0FEIb/