Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

IT: Chapter 2 trailer! Looks better than the first part. https://youtu.be/Mqa768baFRw

Also, the official Halloween (film) account on Instagram announced TWO sequels coming in the next two years. Halloween Kills will be released on October 16th, 2020 and the third film, Halloween Ends will premiere on October 15th, 2021. I can’t wait for both! https://instagram.com/p/B0G0tp0FEIb/

Ugh so many films to look forward to, Midsommar, It 2, the new Black Christmas, Crawl and now Halloween 2 and 3 :defeated:

I love the titles BTW!

Also the new Candyman, my god, give me that slasher resurgence :slay:

8nl2OpX.png

I watched 1922 on Netflix (based on Stephen King's novel) and I actually really enjoyed it. The trailer made it seem like a horror movie, but in fact I found it MUCH more interesting than that. The way I'd describe it would be an intense, very dark, drama film (King would probably kill me for saying drama lol) but it's more psychological drama. 

Very very interesting indeed. I love when a movie is actually not what you expected, and all the people that watched it wanting just another horror movie for thrills come out confused and im like DAMN that GOT to me

The new Black Christmas trailer and poster is ou! The trailer is awfully spoilery and the poster is horrible, Idk how to feel about this new take.

Black Christmas is one of my favorite slashers.

8nl2OpX.png

'Sup, do you guys have any unpopular opinions? I watched the Blair Witch the other day and I kinda hated it :/ 

Black Christmas is a way better slasher movie than any of the classic slashers, except A Nightmare On Elm Street

8nl2OpX.png

'Sup, do you guys have any unpopular opinions? I watched the Blair Witch the other day and I kinda hated it :/ 

I despise that movie too. Mostly cause I hate shaky footage movies. I have not enjoyed a single movie in that style.

Mine is that I really don't like any ghost horror movie. Ghosts are the most overrated in my opinion. I think it's fine when they are only one element of a movie but if the whole thing is just one ghost haunting someone then no thanks. 

I despise that movie too. Mostly cause I hate shaky footage movies. I have not enjoyed a single movie in that style.

Mine is that I really don't like any ghost horror movie. Ghosts are the most overrated in my opinion. I think it's fine when they are only one element of a movie but if the whole thing is just one ghost haunting someone then no thanks. 

Have you ever tried REC tho?  :creep: It's one of the best movies I've ever seen! If you didn't, I highly recommend, both 1 and 2. 3 and 4 use the normal movie footage, but it kinda loses the feeling and magic for me  :um3: . But if you want to see the conclusion of the series, then I guess you could already skip to 4 because 3 is just about the virus spreading in a wedding while things happen in the first 1 and 2 films. I swear, this movie is just  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter: It kept me scared and curious, I guess horror movies usually only capt one or another in me, but this one got the two out of me. If I could unseen just to see again, I would def do it!  :holla:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Have you ever tried REC tho?  :creep: It's one of the best movies I've ever seen! If you didn't, I highly recommend, both 1 and 2. 3 and 4 use the normal movie footage, but it kinda loses the feeling and magic for me  :um3: . But if you want to see the conclusion of the series, then I guess you could already skip to 4 because 3 is just about the virus spreading in a wedding while things happen in the first 1 and 2 films. I swear, this movie is just  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter: It kept me scared and curious, I guess horror movies usually only capt one or another in me, but this one got the two out of me. If I could unseen just to see again, I would def do it!  :holla:

I actually wanted to cause lots of people said it was good but the style put me off  :toofunny:  but I should watch it. It's no doubt way better than the shit that's out these days

Anke + Jozef

Anke lived only in the psychiatrist's memory, but after mother Suspiria (Susie) revealed that Anke was already dead and he was expecting in vain, she erased all his memory to relieve him from the pain & guilt (which in my personal opinion was not the right thing to do as her memories were the most precious thing in his life)

The last shot is an inscription the two carved on wood long ago when she was alive. So Anke & Josef's love is gone but the symbol of their love remains.

(did your video not have subtitles?)

There is also a post-credit scene where mother Suspiria erases the memory of the audience through a hand gesture.

I think that whole plot was a reference to germans guilt after the holocaust. I thought it was a way of saying "you dont need to carry the guilt forever, but history needs to reminds everyone so it wont happen again."

Btw i just fucking love that movie, im so obsessed with it.......

What are the horror movies that you've really enjoyed enough to watch multiple times?

Freddie Vs Jason :toofunny: idk why. It's embarrassing really. But I find Gibb so hot so that helped

Ginger Snaps. It's really my favourite movie of all time. Also Ginger Snaps 3.

The VVitch, absolutely fantastic movie.

And I wanna find more.

Has anyone seen the new Grudge movie? and is it good?

What are the horror movies that you've really enjoyed enough to watch multiple times?

Freddie Vs Jason :toofunny: idk why. It's embarrassing really. But I find Gibb so hot so that helped
Ginger Snaps. It's really my favourite movie of all time. Also Ginger Snaps 3.
The VVitch, absolutely fantastic movie.

And I wanna find more.

Insidious: Chapter 3 (all time fav horror movie)

Don't Breathe

Evil Dead (2013) 

Carrie (2013) (yup 2013 version is better there I said it)

As Above, So Below

Jason X

and the whole Ju-On series is fun if you're into Japanese horror flicks