Jack

The Horror Movie Thread

On 1/4/2020 at 8:52 AM, Ultra Violet said:

What are the horror movies that you've really enjoyed enough to watch multiple times?

Freddie Vs Jason :toofunny: idk why. It's embarrassing really. But I find Gibb so hot so that helped

Ginger Snaps. It's really my favourite movie of all time. Also Ginger Snaps 3.

The VVitch, absolutely fantastic movie.

And I wanna find more.

i agree re: ginger snaps omg!! i also love the blackcoat's daughter and it follows. i don't watch a lot of horror movies at all but these ones were soo good. does anyone have any recommendations? i care abt atmosphere and cinematography more than anything lol 

mUENGN9.png

On 1/3/2020 at 7:52 PM, Ultra Violet said:

What are the horror movies that you've really enjoyed enough to watch multiple times?

Freddie Vs Jason :toofunny: idk why. It's embarrassing really. But I find Gibb so hot so that helped

Ginger Snaps. It's really my favourite movie of all time. Also Ginger Snaps 3.

The VVitch, absolutely fantastic movie.

And I wanna find more.

Suspiria remake

Possession

Midsommar

Evil Dead (the trashy remake, its so stupid but its pure fun)

I’m into mood and atmosphere over gore for sure. Possession sounds interesting. I tried watching a similar movie from the 80s a few nights ago called The Entity about a young mom who’s raped and later terrorized by a poltergeist… I just could not

2 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

@Ultra Violet i just recalled this scene from FvsJ :toofunny:

Kelly excuse me :crying2:

Feel free to make suggestions :popcorn:

1. Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981)

2. The Exorcist (1973)

3. The Thing (1982)

4. Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge (1985), Hellbent (2005)

5. Carrie (1976), Friday the 13th Part 7 (1988)

6. The Ring (2002)

7. Night of the Living Dead (1968), Get Out (2017)

8. Poltergeist 3 (1988)

9. The Purge (2013)

10. Halloween Kills (2021)

11. Hell Fest (2018), Final Destination 3 (2006)

12. Edward Scissorhands (1990)

13. Hide and Seek (2005)

14. Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)

15. Leprechaun 3 (1995), Curse of Chucky (2013)

16. The Faculty (1998)

17. Alice, Sweet Alice (1977)

18. Scream 4 (2011)

19. Sinister (2012)

20. Deep Red (1975)

21. Evil Dead 2 (1987)

22. Boogeyman (2005)

23. Saw (2004), Hostel (2006)

24.  Halloween H20 (1998)

The list is a mix of rewatches and new-to-me films :) There were a lot of movies/franchises that didn’t make the cut (especially those that I’ve watched recently) like Tremors, The Blackcoat’s Daughter, Puppet Master, Prom Night and many more.

So many greats on this list. The Exorcist, The Thing, Carrie, The Ring, The Faculty, Get Out, Sinister, oooooo I love October lol. One sincere question, why you going with Scream 4  of all the screams?

never heard of Hellbent or Deep Red - I love 70s horror so Deep Red is already exciting to me. But speaking of 70s horror, I started watching Halloween 1978 awhile back and switched to Halloween 2018. I loved the new one and am hoping Halloween Kills is as good

8 minutes ago, moonbeam monsoon said:

One sincere question, why you going with Scream 4  of all the screams?

never heard of Hellbent or Deep Red - I love 70s horror so Deep Red is already exciting to me. But speaking of 70s horror, I started watching Halloween 1978 awhile back and switched to Halloween 2018. I loved the new one and am hoping Halloween Kills is as good

Obviously the first Scream is the best one but I’ve seen that one many times. Scream 2 is also solid, especially the cop car sequence but I just watched it recently. Scream 3 has good elements but I’m not in a hurry to rewatch it. There’s also Scream 5 coming out in January so that’s how I ended up with Scream 4!

I just rewatched Halloween 2018 a couple nights ago! It’s not my favorite but it has a lot of good sequences. I’m really nervous for Halloween Kills, I don’t want to go in with any expectations so I’m avoiding all the information.

19 minutes ago, Solar Fields said:

especially the cop car sequence

The cop car sequence is the highlight of Scream 2 for sure! Also I like the campus mood but otherwise there are some glaring issues. You can tell it was a 4 month shotgun from pre-production to release. Scream 3 is all over the place and there’s something about the color correction that’s never sat right with me. Scream 4 I’m probably due a rewatch, haven’t seen it since the theater. Speaking of nervous, Scream 5 immediately sounds like a bad idea to me but I can also see them pulling it off. I hope!

Halloween 2018 is definitely not perfect. Judy Greer’s scenes mostly break the flow for me sadly… but in general the atmosphere is just what I need from a Halloween movie

2 hours ago, moonbeam monsoon said:

Speaking of nervous, Scream 5 immediately sounds like a bad idea to me but I can also see them pulling it off. I hope!

Halloween 2018 is definitely not perfect. Judy Greer’s scenes mostly break the flow for me sadly… but in general the atmosphere is just what I need from a Halloween movie

I can definitely see them pulling off another solid Scream entry but I’m also quite nervous.

And I totally agree about Judy Greer. Her line delivery in the first act of the movie is not very consistent. I always love the moments in a Halloween film where people are just walking down a street or trick-or-treating- it evokes a very autumnal feeling and I love it.

I’m kinda hoping they kill off Sydney in Scream 5. Like imagine if she was the opening kill?? That would be SUCH a gag. But, then again we saw how that worked w/ Halloween Resurrection, and it was awful

31 minutes ago, Volta said:

I’m kinda hoping they kill off Sydney in Scream 5. Like imagine if she was the opening kill?? That would be SUCH a gag. But, then again we saw how that worked w/ Halloween Resurrection, and it was awful

I think it’s gonna be Sydney, Dewey and/or Gale in the opening scene, I don’t see anyone else in the cast list who seems to fit the bill of first Scream kill. But wow Halloween Ressurrection… how was such a bad movie even made?? It surely proves that the quality of a Jamie Lee Curtis performance depends on her director/crew. She and the movie are so SO bad :eek3:

I think it’s gonna be Sydney, Dewey and/or Gale in the opening scene, I don’t see anyone else in the cast list who seems to fit the bill of first Scream kill. But wow Halloween Ressurrection… how was such a bad movie even made?? It surely proves that the quality of a Jamie Lee Curtis performance depends on her director/crew. She and the movie are so SO bad :eek3:

Trick or treat mothaf***er :P

(I actually don’t hate Resurrection aside from the scene that kills off Laurie)

also @Volta that was my username for several years here!

Halloween resurrection SUCKED. Its only redeeming quality was Tyra Banks having a campy performance, she was kinda hilarious!

1 minute ago, Solar Fields said:

Trick or treat mothaf***er :P

(I actually don’t hate Resurrection aside from the scene that kills off Laurie)

also @Volta that was my username for several years here!

Ahhh hey twin! Volta supremacy, one of bjorks most underrated albums (if not her MOST underrated)

Does anyone here like the evil dead saga? (not just the remake, but the original trilogy) its so campy and so much fun, i even love Army of Darkness with how absolutely absurd it is