naachoboy

Kali Uchis

This album has the sound of soft served ice cream. 

I really wish it was longer but overall I’m not disappointed! :oic3:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

New album merchandise!

Shop here

50618219261_b0ce8b7008_b.jpg50617483613_955fbd033a_o.png

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, #glimmeringdarling said:

Vaya con dios is such a sick song... wish Lana could do something like this on COCC..

I miss some her early trip hop influences. I want them back. :omg:

Also wanted to hop on the Vaya con Dios love train and say it's one of the best songs she's ever released, ever. I'm going to give the album a few more full listens before I come back to post my full thoughts and track ranking, but I'm really loving it :bliss:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Some early thoughts after a few listens:

- I wish the songs were longer; it’s a bit of a bummer to see almost all songs be under 3 minutes :(

- It was kind of odd listening to slowed-down repeated vocals on “de nadie” and “ángel sin cielo.” It threw me off a bit and quickly reminded me of music edits on YouTube. The fact that she repeated lyrics on the slowed-down vocals made me wish she had instead added more, different lyrics.

- I was expecting a bigger ending song considering the beginning one was fabulous, and also the fact that it came after “te pongo mal” and “la luz.” Also considering, “Loner” and “Killer” are amazing final tracks on their respective works.

I mean no negativity by this, so I apologize if I may seem so; just some quick thoughts I had. The album is great, and my top favorite tracks, I think, are “vaya con Dios,” “quiero sentirme bien,” and “telepatía.” ???

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

1 minute ago, titanicearth said:

Some early thoughts after a few listens:

- I wish the songs were longer; it’s a bit of a bummer to see almost all songs be under 3 minutes :(

- It was kind of odd listening to slowed-down repeated vocals on “de nadie” and “ángel sin cielo.” It threw me off a bit and quickly reminded me of music edits on YouTube. The fact that she repeated lyrics on the slowed-down vocals made me wish she had instead added more, different lyrics.

- I was expecting a bigger ending song considering the beginning one was fabulous, and also the fact that it came after “te pongo mal” and “la luz.” Also considering, Loner and Killer are amazing final tracks.

I mean no negativity by this, so I apologize if I may seem so; just some quick thoughts I had. The album is great, and my top favorite tracks, I think, are “vaya con Dios,” “quiero sentirme bien,” and “telepatía.” ???

I really liked the slowed down effect she used on those tracks. I think it matched the album’s theme of being in a dream like state. But I really wish the songs were longer. I can’t wait for her next release. :understand:

4 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

I really liked the slowed down effect she used on those tracks. I think it matched the album’s theme of being in a dream like state. But I really wish the songs were longer. I can’t wait for her next release. :understand:

Oh my God, you’re absolutely right that the whole album sounds like a dream! ?

I listened to those two tracks and perhaps “odd” and “thrown off” may have been the wrong words to use? I’m just used to seeing that effect on YouTube videos as opposed to full-fledged songs, so it just felt a bit new and different. It does have a dream-like quality tbh; just felt that those two songs were “here’s the first half of the song with regular vocals and here’s the second half of the song with slowed down vocals and the same lyrics.” ?

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

27 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

omg I didn't thought about it, I love it

1 hour ago, Elle said:

New album merchandise!

Shop here

50618219261_b0ce8b7008_b.jpg50617483613_955fbd033a_o.png

I want em all, but the international shipping is so expensive :(

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

okay miss kali, i said i don't think i'll vibe too much with this album. but damn, i just listened to the opening track and i got CHILLS. 

When she goes into her lower register

200.gif

Okay, so, I just finished the first listen...it totally slaps. I love it. The ones that stood out the most are telepatía, de nadie - loved the vocal effect, no eres tu & te pongo mal 

If I remember correctly, I once wished she'd do a Spanish album, glad that wish came true