naachoboy

Kali Uchis

11 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

her vocals on Vaya Con Dios are heavenly and siren-like, and the instrumental really reminds me of Miami and a couple of unreleased Lana tracks from 2010 actually! 

just came here to say that exactly!

LOVING the album so far — I didn’t dig the singles so I was pretty nervous, but Aqui Yo Mando already sounds so much better in context

and tbfh this album is giving me more Drunken Babble than Por Vida and Isolation and I kinda love that :hdu:

o4qjp4j.png

14 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

just came here to say that exactly!

LOVING the album so far — I didn’t dig the singles so I was pretty nervous, but Aqui Yo Mando already sounds so much better in context

and tbfh this album is giving me more Drunken Babble than Por Vida and Isolation and I kinda love that :hdu:

I agree! aquí yo mando makes so much sense when you listen to the whole album, I really dig it now

vaya con dios is now living in my head rent free and I'm loving it :rock:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I started looking at her Facebook, and totally didn’t realize she posted a snippet of Body Language as early as 2016 — I didn’t realize that song went back that far!

This makes me wish we could construct an Isolation recording chronology, since we also know at least (?) that Flight 22 was also a pretty old track 

o4qjp4j.png

11 hours ago, kaliuchissimp said:

someone downloaded this vid? its "Kali Uchis - Leon Bridges Tour Diary 2015"

ref links: http://youtu.be/m32AISP3cok (private video)

https://web.facebook.com/watch/?v=1645715869013460

I found this extract somebody posted time ago: http://217ggg.com/view/t0v35 

I used to have it! I think it was just vlog sort of videos of her time on tour with Leon Bridges. 

13 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

I started looking at her Facebook, and totally didn’t realize she posted a snippet of Body Language as early as 2016 — I didn’t realize that song went back that far!

This makes me wish we could construct an Isolation recording chronology, since we also know at least (?) that Flight 22 was also a pretty old track 

Yeah!!!! I was so excited for that song for FOREVER. She had teased it with “New music coming next week” so of course everyone assumed that was the song, and then she released Only Girl so I was dreaming of that song for a while

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

wasnt there going to be a livestream yesterday? i went into the site and it said that it was rescheduled, does anyone know anything about it?

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

this album has grown on me so much within the last few days, the songs all really stand out and i've had them playing in my head constantly

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Alright... that was excellent, I really enjoyed the bulk of this album except the last tracks (the reggaeton ones). But I loved ángel sin cielo.

I related to some of them and the instrumentation is sterling, so yeah I loved this record (I'm not a fan tho, but I'm really glad I listened to this). Here goes my ranking:

1. vaya con dios

2. telepatía

3. fue mejor

4. de nadie

5. que te pedí

6. quiero sentirme bien 

7. la luna enamorada

8. no eres tu (soy yo)

9. ángel sin cielo

10. Aquí Yo Mando

11. aguardiente y limón

12. te pongo mal (prendelo)

13. la luz (Fín)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

3 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

does anyone have an active masterpost? i've been struggling to find one for a while

@kaliuchissimpsaid some time ago that he would do one but i dont know if he actually did or no 

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

On 11/27/2020 at 3:15 PM, xlanax said:

Telepatìa... Wow

I really like this song and its beat so much! When I first heard it, I was disappointed it was in Spanish, until I replayed it and it was like 75% in English :eyeroll3:

Tho I can’t really enjoy the album fully, because I can’t understand most of it... which is important for me I guess?

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Although I think Isolation was waaaaay better, I take back what I said... This album is Great and she hasn't lost it. The whole set of songs from vaya con dios a telepatìa is so powerful. I'm Italian and I speak French, so I don't mind the spanish, on the contrary listening to spanish songs is an opportunity to start learning a new language. I already downloaded my Dualinguo lol

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d