naachoboy

Kali Uchis

On 2/26/2023 at 6:15 AM, cinnamongirI said:

0rpajVK.gif

stealing this gif omfg

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

she was talking on her space about how she’s been sober since june

there was this girl who was drunk at 17 and she was just laughing so i don’t think it’s that serious

It’s mostly the faux spiritual stuff that’s weird to me:bebe: I agree alcohol is bad for you but that kind of “spirituality” is a most definitely a pipeline into conspiracy theories and other kinds of craziness:eek3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Well, looks like her 1800 tequila brand deal won’t be continuing anymore lol x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I think what she’s saying comes from a place of wanting to promote healthy behaviours.. she has probably had some bad experiences w drugs/alcohol in the past that have compelled her to quit & now that she’s reaping those benefits of a healthier lifestyle she is trying to encourage others to do the same. It really ain’t that serious yall it never was if u really wanna drink and smoke a joint and pop molly do it like… she ain’t gon stop u :bebe:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

unpopular opinion but i agree with her on the drugs + alcohol thing :xgiggle:

also the new songs are so good wendybop.gif

edit: clarifying that i don't agree with how she worded it - the demonic energy thing is very strange & weird - but i do agree that it's often glorified and i think if she had JUST said "drugs & alcohol are very bad" then it would've been fine

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

27 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

I love Kali so much but sometimes she's full of shit :crossed: gurl, you've been promoting smoking & drinking since your mixtape days lmao stop the fake wokeness

Screen-Shot-2013-08-23-at-12.06.25-PM.pn

this is pure reason why ive stopped following her. shes become so.. tiktok. i guess thats the nicest way to put it, but its like shes revolved her life around these “oh my aura my energy needs to be clean im pure im untouchable” 

makes me so sad when i watch her old vids or interviews

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

5 minutes ago, comeintomybedroom said:

I've definitely heard exactly this before from other people so i wouldn't exactly blame tiktok or ~wokeness~

some people really just have a different way of thinking

The problem is this way of thinking is becoming very prevalent on the “health and wellness” side of Tiktok (and all of social medias). A lot of the people preaching this way of thinking end up being right-wing conspiracy theorists so it’s concerning:awkney:  

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 hours ago, 5adboy said:

I love Kali so much but sometimes she's full of shit :crossed: gurl, you've been promoting smoking & drinking since your mixtape days lmao stop the fake wokeness

Screen-Shot-2013-08-23-at-12.06.25-PM.pn

you guys are really annoying, people can change.

anywho these album track descriptors are making it sound like AOTY :popcorn:

Red Moon in Venus is Uchis’ most immersive project yet—a bottomless plunge into the waters of love and loss. The fluid groove of “Blue” feels like a Sade B-side, while “Love Between” weaves doo-*** nostalgia into crystalline romantic reverie. Often, it’s her smoldering voice that holds all the dreaminess together. When Uchis sings, it feels incantatory, calling on a long vocal genealogy of femme softness and grief. On the album’s lead single “I Wish you Roses,” you can hear the lissome ethereality of soul legend Minnie Riperton, but also the low, plangent melancholy of jazz titan Sarah Vaughan. “Deserve Me,” featuring Summer Walker, holds the hard-won knowingness of Afro-Cuban star La Lupe, with hints of Brandy’s cool self-assurance. It’s never maximalist, always utilitarian, molded to fit revenge and desire in equal measure.  

https://pitchfork.com/features/profile/kali-uchis-red-moon-in-venus-interview/ 

giphy.gif

i'm all for promoting a healthier lifestyle and indeed alcohol and drugs are really bad for you but she needs to drop this new age fake spirituality bullshit this ain't it sista

I will admit i don’t identify with the spirituality part of that post but I think she definitely had a good point lying somewhere in the message. The way it’s been debunked that the origin of the word alcohol in fact isn’t what she translated to is indeed a kii. :toofunny:

This is lowkey slightly giving me Azealia teas ddd

giphy.gif