Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Azealia Banks Not Okay With Gay Men Using the Word 'Bitch'

I can't help but feel like her fans are empowering her behavior. She's saying ridiculous things and using words she shouldn't, but despite the backlash, she gets on twitter and sees her fans calling her 'queen' and applauding her and I don't think it's right; if your fave is being problematic, just own up to it! No one's saying you have to unstan, but at least help her understand why what she's saying is wrong. She's only human, and we get that. But it's her refusal to be sorry and her complete ignorance that's troubling. 

I honestly believe that it would make a world of difference if she heard the critiques coming from her fans rather than people who couldn't care less about her.

I feel like it's both sides being problematic, like both words are bad and they can't cancel out eachother? I do agree with misogyny, but also with the homophobic part. This probably doesn't make sense lol but in the end, neither of these words should be used, but sadly it's inevitable.

tumblr_o1safdMl1g1uc67yuo1_540.jpg

I don't really agree because "bitch" has always been used towards men and women.

Yeah I hear straight guys using the word Bitch in this way, not to feminize someone. 

qsVmBMd.png

Yeah I hear straight guys using the word Bitch in this way, not to feminize someone. 

I don't stand by my original statement. I thought I was entitled to use it because as a gay it was always used towards me, but I see how it's basically saying I was on the same level as a woman. Which is bullshit cause that would imply that women are beneath men.

I don't stand by my original statement. I thought I was entitled to use it because as a gay it was always used towards me, but I see how it's basically saying I was on the same level as a woman. Which is bullshit cause that would imply that women are beneath men.

I understand that thats a way people use the word 'bitch' but at the same time, I also feel its a word that is used in many different ways. I personally hear it used in plenty of ways that has nothing to do with feminizing people.

qsVmBMd.png

I understand that thats a way people use the word 'bitch' but at the same time, I also feel its a word that is used in many different ways. I personally hear it used in plenty of ways that has nothing to do with feminizing people.

Your personal experience with the word doesn't invalidate what it means as a whole. At its roots, bitch is a sexist slur against women.

14417469274.gif

Your personal experience with the word doesn't invalidate what it means as a whole. At its roots, bitch is a sexist slur against women.

Yeah, and reclaiming it is bullshit because men will never stop using it as an insult.

I believe that no people should use words like bitch, faggot, :), or attack someone on basis of their weight etc. NONE OF THIS is okay. 

i am nothing and should be everything

Yeah, and reclaiming it is bullshit because men will never stop using it as an insult.

I believe that no people should use words like bitch, faggot, :), or attack someone on basis of their weight etc. NONE OF THIS is okay. 

you just typed out three powerful slurs like they are nothing, so obviously you wouldn't have a problem saying them if you felt like you needed to. get out no one cares.

you just typed out three powerful slurs like they are nothing, so obviously you wouldn't have a problem saying them if you felt like you needed to. get out no one cares.

What are you on about? How were they supposed to write the sentence without using them?? Yes, they probably should have censored them with stars *** but still, they didn't use them towards anyone, they said that people should stop using them.

Honestly you are just being ridiculous right now.

Doesn't really work like that

it'd be so much easier tbh them words are old we need new offensive words that apply to everyone in the world and not just one demographic so this way everyone can stay hateful and happy like they already are but not racist/homophobic

it'd be so much easier tbh them words are old we need new offensive words that apply to everyone in the world and not just one demographic so this way everyone can stay hateful and happy like they already are but not racist/homophobic

I agree. If you really need to call someone a name, then surely using a non-specific offensive word is better than using one that is homophobic/racist/sexist/agist/ whatever. There are plenty of words like this, like idiot, doofus, etc. (can't think of many right now, but there are so many other non-specific words people could use if they really have to call someone something)

Whoa, look at all this bullshit. I hope you don't plan to be a psychologist because you're a terrible judge of a character. I actually wanted to censore them, but I didn't cause I wasn't sure which letters should I star out and trying to censore words that we all know made me feel like a hypocrite. Also just because you ~don't care~ aka want an excuse to be awful doesn't mean that no-one else does.

i am nothing and should be everything

I agree. If you really need to call someone a name, then surely using a non-specific offensive word is better than using one that is homophobic/racist/sexist/agist/ whatever. There are plenty of words like this, like idiot, doofus, etc. (can't think of many right now, but there are so many other non-specific words people could use if they really have to call someone something)

Oh no you cannot my dear !! :) bc apparently idiot and doofus are triggerfull words that are ableist and so is the word stupid too!  I read so on tumblr! 

Oh no you cannot my dear !! :) bc apparently idiot and doofus are triggerfull words that are ableist and so is the word stupid too!  I read so on tumblr! 

I get idiot maybe, but doofus is not a slur.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1