trayertrash

The Rock/Punk/Metal Heads Thread

Can't find the Evanescence thread since it's so buried and inactive but Speak For Me is amazing! Their best release since 2011, and their power as a rock band really is back. I was not too fond of The Game is Over or Wasted on You. 

Other rock songs that have come out since I last posted are Madina Lake -(after their long hiatus) Playing With Fire, Heart of Gold and Love is War (all excellent) and The Pretty Reckless Death By Rock and Roll (phenomenal). Madina Lake has an EP coming soon, TPR and Ev have upcoming albums. 

Their music will really save my year!

Oh also Linkin Park released She Couldn't (an old demo? Which I never knew about). It's so early 2000s, late 90s. It makes me feel so nostalgic and sad. Especially because of Chester's vocals. 

There don't seem to be a huge number of heavy metal bands at the moment that have powerful, but non operatic women as singers, but I recently found this song from the French band Nightmare, who have a great new singer and an album coming out in a few months.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Throwback to this interview where Lana was interviewed with Sharon Den Adel.

https://youtu.be/mhSysjZofnI

This parts not in this video for some reason, I think it was after she performed Ride, but when she was asked if she likes WT's music and she said "we were listening to Ice Queen on the way here" and then the host just tells everyone that she likes Ice Queen :omfg:

But anyways Sharon loves Lana :thankyou:

1 hour ago, longtimeman said:

Awesome! I'm always on the lookout for heavy music based podcasts, and this seems more worthwhile than a lot of them. \m/

especially since the cohosts are gay + theyve had guests on the podcast from some of the bands!

How did I not know this thread existed?? Anyway, I've been listening to a lot of Epica as usual, and getting excited for their 20th anniversary show

This is one of the singles from their last album, and is a good representation of their modern music style

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Any Alice in Chains fans here? I can’t believe Dirt is turning 30 next month! Such a legendary, definitive album for the dawn of grunge. :legend:

I'm a massive fan. They were one of those bands where at the time, every release was better than the last one. The 'Dog' album is still one of my favourites from the whole grunge era.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png