trayertrash

The Rock/Punk/Metal Heads Thread

On 9/2/2022 at 10:29 PM, niandra lades said:

Does anyone here like Danzig?

Love his Misfits era but didn't realize how heavy his solo material was until I dived into it this year. I love it all. 

On 9/3/2022 at 2:41 AM, Ultra Violet said:

I was watching Ginger Snaps again today (my all time favourite movie) and I appreciate this masterpiece more with every watch, even though it was already true love when I first saw it at 14. 

The soundtrack is essentially all late 90s industrial and metal with cool electronic in there too. I would definitely suggest anyone in this thread to watch it if you haven't already, and if you appreciate good movie soundtracks. 

I really can't believe they did a werewolf horror from a teen girl perspective with a metal soundtrack. It was so ahead of its time! I always knew it.

That and The Craft are my two favorite female led horror films. They have two more Ginger Snap films that aren't bad either. 

1 hour ago, Skittler said:

That and The Craft are my two favorite female led horror films. They have two more Ginger Snap films that aren't bad either. 

Oh yeah the second Ginger Snaps is so much darker and as horror goes, probably even better than the first. The third I always liked as a seperate film, a bit more horror than the first too, tbh.

lately i've been discovering more of alice in chains' discography, i've listened to alice in chains (self-titled album), sap, jar of flies, and i'm listening to the mtv-unplugged live album at this very moment, i'm at a point where i can say that alice in chains is probably my favorite out of the big 4 grunge bands, but maybe i would have to listen to more pearl jam albums to know for sure lol! i like basically every song off of facelift, dirt, and alice in chains, and pretty much everything from the two EPs

my favorite songs from alice in chains are... probably... man in the box, sea of sorrow, sunshine, brother, am i inside, rain when i die, down in a hole, rooster, dirt, angry chair, would?, rotten apple, heaven beside you, shame in you, and frogs :) but, out of all of them, my #1 might be rotten apple

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

24 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lately i've been discovering more of alice in chains' discography, i've listened to alice in chains (self-titled album), sap, jar of flies, and i'm listening to the mtv-unplugged live album at this very moment, i'm at a point where i can say that alice in chains is probably my favorite out of the big 4 grunge bands, but maybe i would have to listen to more pearl jam albums to know for sure lol! i like basically every song off of facelift, dirt, and alice in chains, and pretty much everything from the two EPs

my favorite songs from alice in chains are... probably... man in the box, sea of sorrow, sunshine, brother, am i inside, rain when i die, down in a hole, rooster, dirt, angry chair, would?, rotten apple, heaven beside you, shame in you, and frogs :) but, out of all of them, my #1 might be rotten apple

the only Alice in Chains i know is from the CD of black gives way to blue my older sister had in high school

ive been trying to go through all of the albums Hell Bent for Metal have been suggesting in their podcast.

ive grown to love most Technical Death Metal (subgenre genre) albums

https://open.spotify.com/show/6qABy0MzyKURDbwLKZkeK6

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

the only Alice in Chains i know is from the CD of black gives way to blue my older sister had in high school

ive been trying to go through all of the albums Hell Bent for Metal have been suggesting in their podcast.

ive grown to love most Technical Death Metal (subgenre genre) albums

https://open.spotify.com/show/6qABy0MzyKURDbwLKZkeK6

i know that album is post-layne staley which i don't know if i would be interested in, it may have a different vibe compared to the first three albums, but i guess i can't say for sure since i don't know anything that is post-layne

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Hey everyone,

I’ve been listening to Korn more in depth for a little while now. I recently came across their Woodstock ‘99 set and holy crap, that’s one helluva concert. Since this is more or less on the topic of rock and metal festivals, will anyone be attending PowerTrip this October?

Also, for those who haven’t seen it, here’s Korn opening up with Blind at Woodstock ‘99. https://youtu.be/UQzAKxgBAL8

c60551ec91989013e80eff1473898b3de703ee6b

15 hours ago, Minerva said:

Hey everyone,

I’ve been listening to Korn more in depth for a little while now. I recently came across their Woodstock ‘99 set and holy crap, that’s one helluva concert. Since this is more or less on the topic of rock and metal festivals, will anyone be attending PowerTrip this October?

Also, for those who haven’t seen it, here’s Korn opening up with Blind at Woodstock ‘99. https://youtu.be/UQzAKxgBAL8

Korn is amazing :clapback: I’m going to be seeing them for the first time at Aftershock in Sacramento this year. Also in October! 

I watched a documentary about Woodstock 99 and what a shit show it was, but I have no doubt their set was amazing 

1 hour ago, emliqua said:

Korn is amazing :clapback: I’m going to be seeing them for the first time at Aftershock in Sacramento this year. Also in October! 

I watched a documentary about Woodstock 99 and what a shit show it was, but I have no doubt their set was amazing 

That’s awesome. Hope you have a fun time at Aftershock. I’m gonna be attending PowerTrip that same weekend in Indio. I’m gonna get to see Metallica, Tool, AC/DC, GnR, Ozzy, and Iron Maiden. 

Totally, I have seen both the HBO and Netflix documentaries on Woodstock ‘99, what a shit show. Despite the poor conditions of the festival, Korn put on an amazing set. 

c60551ec91989013e80eff1473898b3de703ee6b

One of my favourite bands, The Agonist broke up yesterday. Although I preferred the albums with their first singer Alissa, who's now in Arch Enemy, I did really enjoy their latest EP

Another band I like, Tristania, broke up last year too. If there's a trend of my favourite bands breaking up, I really hope it stops soon

heres some bops ive loved over the last few years :true:

(various genres)

Spoiler

plus an unofficial stream to my favourite song from when i was in high school because the artist is a garbage person :/

Anyone here into The Faceless? They were my gateway drug to death metal with their album Autotheism in 2012. I’ve got 3 out of their 4 albums on vinyl but I cannot find Planetary Duality for a good price since it was such a limited pressing. :crying5: 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9