Trash Magic

Father John Misty

God's Favourite Customer is just amazing. It's such a return to form. I never loved Pure Comedy besides Pure Comedy, Ballad of the Dying Man and Two Wildly Different Perspectives. It felt idk.... very self indulgent? and scattered.

God's Favourite Customer is so much more like Fear Fun  :defeated:  Please Don't Die, God's Favourite Customer and Just Dumb Enough To Try are God level  :defeated:  The Weyes Blood backing vox on the title track  :defeated:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

God's Favorite Customer is one of the most under-appreciated records of 2018. It's incredible. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

yikes i still haven't listened to the album

as much as i grew to like pure comedy it honestly kind of killed the hype i had for FJM

it seemed like such a departure and it's not exactly easy listening

mr tillman was only alright too so i never was really excited for this album and i just kept forgetting oops

but i'm finally doing it here we go gals

I'd be interested to hear God's Favorite Customer featuring Lana, that'd be such a cool song for those two together... ugh I really want them to have an actual song together instead of just a video.... I've been hoping for this to be a thing sometime soon but it never... fucking.... happens!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The fact it's been over a year since anyone posted in here :defeated:

Anyway FJM has released an EP of covers on his bandcamp. All proceeds will go to CARE Action and Ground Game LA.

https://fatherjohnmisty.bandcamp.com/album/anthem-3-2

It looks like it'll be released across all platforms on July 14. :party:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Just wanted to say that I am so excited about Chloe! I’ve really gotten into Jonathan Wilson and Drew Erickson outside of FJM lately and now we’re adding Lana and David Lynch too?!

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

He is always on rotation but I’ve been unconsciously listening to every album a LOT the past few months. Not really connecting with Funny Girl but very excited he’s back. I can’t believe he’s playing a London show in April! Trying for tickets tomorrow

Is anybody familiar with the early J Tillman albums? I listened to a few songs here and there on YouTube and have always wanted to get familiar with them but it’s daunting. Any standouts? 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

13 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

I'm about to listen to his music before "Chloë.." release - does anyone here can recommend something for the beggining? thx in advance :candy:

I think these are very accessible upon first listen and amongst my favourite songs of his:

1. Only Son of the Ladiesman

2. Nothing Good Ever Happens at the Goddamn Thirsty Crow

3. Strange Encounter

4. Ballad of the Dying Man (Lana was clearly influenced by this for The Greatest)

5. Please Don’t Die

6. Just Dumb Enough To Try

7. God’s Favorite Customer