Lad

Trash Magic

Boy, you wanna come to my motel, honey?
Boy, you wanna hold me down, tell me that you love me?
Boy, you know that I have really never loved nobody but you
(x2)

I do my hair up, all high and wide
White flowers, tie-dye
Green swimming pool, pink flamingo, high Christmas lights
Blue bedspread and silver tinsel, my heart’s delight

(x2)

Do you like my fake nails, daddy?
Black palm tree, pink tiger stripes
Used to go to the Comfort Inn, yeah
Will you buy me a slice of cherry pie?
We didn’t know much, just worked at night
Sweet trailer life

(1, 2)

(x2)

He said, “Lana Ray, will you serve me lemonade?”
And I said, “Yes, Bill, I will, it’s the day of the parade
And you look even more handsome than you did the day that I left you."

How do you spend your nights, honey, still watching TV?
I long to be in your arms, honey, come back to me please

(x2)

All I want is to feel good
You know
Come on now, if you want to
If you want to, if you want to, if you want to
It’s been a long time

(x2)

I always thought the lyrics were "Don't you wanna come to my motel honey", just that it was a little smuged or something. Then I read that someone said it was "boy" and not "don't" and that sounded right. Then I listend to the live version and there she clearly sings "don't". Now I'm just really fucking confused, hahhaa.

last.fm  

I always thought the lyrics were "Don't you wanna come to my motel honey", just that it was a little smuged or something. Then I read that someone said it was "boy" and not "don't" and that sounded right. Then I listend to the live version and there she clearly sings "don't". Now I'm just really fucking confused, hahhaa.

omfg I have always thought it was don't too! If it's really boy then my whole life was a lie

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

Same here, I always tought that too hahaha.

In the live version she says 'don't' but if you listen crearly the lead vocal track on the studio version you can clearly listen that she says 'boy'. However, I still prefer 'don't' lol.

Anyone thinks that vocal track on Trash Magic was edited by her lol? I mean, it's from 2007 when she did acoustics songs and acapellas and you can listen to it closer and hear the cut mistakes but well, happens the same on OTTR and this one it's more emh... 'official'?

Anyone thinks that vocal track on Trash Magic was edited by her lol? I mean, it's from 2007 when she did acoustics songs and acapellas and you can listen to it closer and hear the cut mistakes but well, happens the same on OTTR and this one it's more emh... 'official'?

That wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Seems like something Lana would do and it's a little armatureish in it's production, which kind of adds to the charm I think.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

haha well we all know how she is w/ editing the sound from the clips she uses in her videos.. smh @ "You're invisible" in lolita

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I always thinked it says 'invencible' in the Lolita videoclip but idk hahaha

But Trash Magic doesn't have a video I think (and I'm talking about the vocal track), and in that time all that we know she did are Jimmy Gnecco, Get Drunk, White Pontiac Heaven and acoustic/acapella stuff. Lately 2007 she started sessions with Kahne for the AKA, finished on 2008 (Kill Kill EP & videos).

The vocal track sounds so White Pontiac Heaven but cut for be 'a song' and not just 'an acapella' and the production (like ataraxia said) it's amateur-ish. It's not the same with the demo, remember when Ahmed said it was fake? I actually believe this (and well apart from the obvious reasons that we all know) because it sounds more 'professional' than the finished one. If a Trash Magic demo exists, it's an acapella/acoustic.

But, everything here are my suppositions lol. :P

The vocals on Trash Magic were for sure not recorded with her laptop's built-in mic the way songs like Little Carmen, White Pontiac Heaven, and Methamphetamines were. I peg the whole of the recording of Trash as probably being recorded in a decent, treated home studio--not a bedroom recording and not a proper studio recording. It's definitely recorded "better" than Jimmy Gnecco and Get Drunk from that period--big noticeable difference in engineering. Not sure what you're saying about the Trash demo being different and Ahmed saying something about something being fake (?) The Trash Magic portions of the Trash Magic demo are taken from Trash Magic. They B da sayme, dawg.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

When he made his mixtape, someone asked about The Man I Love, he answered 'it's from trash magic demo but both are fake' o algo asi. What I understand is, it's a song yes, but it's not the 'Trash Magic demo' and like you said, the Trash Magic portions of the Trash Magic demo are from Trash Magic and you can listen the difference between the vocal track of both versions (demo & finished), one more clearly / better recorded and the other more 'pure' (without a good editing process/ no vocal filters).

But, I don't know about production, so I can't say too much about (and you know more than me, that's sure :P).

Can we just talk about how brilliant this song is?

I love the sultry lyrics, and her girlish and vulnerable, yet come-hither delivery. I love the whole sound aswell, the bass and guitar.

I would love to hear a Lana Del Rey take on this song, how it would come out with her current vocal style and band.

And the LYRICS

Let's talk about the superior title, "Trash Magic". It's just so great--simple yet expressive, and it sounds immediately iconic (in the real sense of the word). It's so LDR.

I agree, I wish she'd revamp a few more songs she's particularly attached to, and I'd bet this one qualifies.

One of the songs that really got me into Lana, it's still one of my very favourites. Where do I start? I love everything about it  :defeated:

It's my favourite song lyrically, "green swimming pool, pink flamingo, high Christmas lights, blue bedspread and silver tinsel - my hearts delight" particularly that line really sets the trashy trailer Lizzy atmosphere, I love it, as well as the title itself "Trash Magic". And the simple instrumentation, I think, is perfect for the song, it's so low-key and relaxing with the vocals too, they're so heavenly  :cuteface:

And I agree, although I love the simplicity of the production I'd love to hear what Lana could do to re-vamp it  :flutter:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif