Sign in to follow this  
TIARNZUS

Feature suggestions 5th October 2012

I think it would be really useful if this place had a subforum to post interviews in an organized fashion. We had this on lanadelrey.fm and it was a really helpful feature. A good fansite, in my opinion, isn't just a place to discuss the subject, but a good database to gather research, info, trivia, and even pictures. This brings up our need of a gallery. Both would enhance this.

1. Yes, an "Interviews" subsection somewhere. Perhaps under "Media"? Then someone can make a pinned thread under it with a table listing all the interviews in chronological order with links to the interviews, and perhaps links to separate threads to discuss each interview.

2. A subsection under "Shows" called "Early Shows" where I can move my table of known Lizzy Grant gigs and start creating separate threads for each show containing all known media and information about it. I'd like to keep this accessible only to moderators at first so I can keep the format of the individual gig threads consistent. Although, if you can find a way to only allow my collaborators Neal and HeadBitch access in addition to moderators that would be appreciated.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Great... Here are my suggestions :)

1. Some forums that use the same system as in here show the exact time of posting like:

Posted 1 minute ago by a member.

Is it also possible to have this feature on this forum too?

2. In order to get more users, I think 'Lana Del Rey forum' should be added to the title of the forum since most people google 'LDR forum.'

3. NBH or Stan Wars sections/threads.

4. Themes.

5. Remove the sub-section 'News' under the 'Conversation Area' section because it's very inactive.

That's all for now :D

I don't think there should be an NHB or Stan Wars area because it's basically an excuse for people to get nasty with each other over opinions. I really doubt people can handle a place like that without getting offended or offending someone else. We don't need to create a place in this forum for people to make enemies and get away with being rude/disrespectful.

Anyway, here are some additions I'd like:

MOAR EMOTICONS.

ANOTHER ADMIN OR TWO BECAUSE THE UPDATES TO THE FORUM ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

MOAR EMOTICONS.

AN INTERVIEWS SECTION.

A DOWNLOADS SECTION, FOR WHENEVER DOWNLOAD LINKS BECOME ALLOWED.

ANOTHER ADMIN OR TWO BECAUSE WE DON'T UPDATE OFTEN ENOUGH.

MOAR MEMBERS.

THE ABILITY TO COMMENT ON STATUSES FROM MOBILE.

AUTO-BANNING FOR PEOPLE THAT DISLIKE LUCKY ONES.

STRICTER RULES FOR THE DOWNLOADS SECTION IF IT EVER BECOMES AVAILABLE.

MOAR IDEAS FOR UPDATES.

THANK YOU.

14417469274.gif

I don't think there should be an NHB or Stan Wars area because it's basically an excuse for people to get nasty with each other over opinions. I really doubt people can handle a place like that without getting offended or offending someone else. We don't need to create a place in this forum for people to make enemies and get away with being rude/disrespectful.

Why should it be personal? This is a small community where everybody knows and loves each other. I imagine the content of the NHB or Stan Wars to be something like the conversation me and another member had in this thread about Gaga and Britney.

AUTO-BANNING FOR PEOPLE THAT DISLIKE LUCKY ONES.

:lmao:

Why should it be personal? This is a small community where everybody knows and loves each other. I imagine the content of the NHB or Stan Wars to be something like the conversation me and another member had in this thread about Gaga and Britney.

It shouldn't be personal, but it's an easy excuse for someone to attack a member that they may already dislike for whatever reason. I agree with us being a small forum and it shouldn't be a problem, but we aren't going to be a small forum forever. New people will come and someone will get offended/pissed off/upset and I just don't think we need a place where that could happen. The forum should be a place for discussions, not arguments. Save the arguing for Facebook.

14417469274.gif

It shouldn't be personal, but it's an easy excuse for someone to attack a member that they may already dislike for whatever reason. I agree with us being a small forum and it shouldn't be a problem, but we aren't going to be a small forum forever. New people will come and someone will get offended/pissed off/upset and I just don't think we need a place where that could happen. The forum should be a place for discussions, not arguments. Save the arguing for Facebook.

Why should members attack other members? I didn't attack that member in that thread. We were discussing music and nothing personal came up. It's just everyone probably would be bragging about their faves success and those who don't agree with them would reply and try to prove them wrong. It's a stan war and that's all about it. Besides, everybody knows that it's not anything serious.

Guest Maru the Cat

LDR, thank you SO, SO, SO much for the Member of the Week feature on the front page! I love it! :3 It really makes sure that these wonderful, deserving people get their chance to shine :3 You're the bestest, I am a happy kitty right now :3 :3 :3

Why should members attack other members? I didn't attack that member in that thread. We were discussing music and nothing personal came up. It's just everyone probably would be bragging about their faves success and those who don't agree with them would reply and try to prove them wrong. It's a stan war and that's all about it. Besides, everybody knows that it's not anything serious.

I know you didn't, but there were members on ldr.fm that were rude enough without an NBH thread and I know that people will come along and make it bad. If there were a thread for that, someone would try to justify themselves by using the NBH as an excuse, and it would just be a mess that no one needs.

14417469274.gif

Since you put a MOTW week thing on the page there's now a little icon error thing where an image should be. You might want to remove that. I can't think of any ideas for the moment, I've lost all creativity :D

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

Since you put a MOTW week thing on the page there's now a little icon error thing where an image should be. You might want to remove that. I can't think of any ideas for the moment, I've lost all creativity :D

What do you mean?

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

What do you mean?

It definitely works for me (I use Opera). I don't know what he's talking about. ???

I know you didn't, but there were members on ldr.fm that were rude enough without an NBH thread and I know that people will come along and make it bad. If there were a thread for that, someone would try to justify themselves by using the NBH as an excuse, and it would just be a mess that no one needs.

I don't know how serious the NHB section on LDR.fm because I wasn't there but from what I know that no matter how bad the attacks and/or the fights can be, it'll all be understood as a joke. Nothing serious.

Guest Maru the Cat

I think the "Our Latest News" above the forum sections + subsections (see below):

D3Oow.png

I think we should get rid of it entirely. It should be able to be "manually modified" by the hosts of the Reydio show/moderators to announce shows 1 or 2 days before for more advertisement + announce forum activities (i.e. Lanaween, the Born to Die competition, voting for MotW) + a change in forum rules/features. Perhaps there could be a list of things it could advertise and it would change every 10 seconds?

I just don't think advertising the latest thread made in the News section is important in comparison to encouraging the growth of the Lana community and activities and getting people involved. I don't really use the feature... (not sure if anyone else does?) if you want the latest news, it's not that hard to click on the section itself and see what's been posted / look at the Newest Threads section.

As for this section:

GiXEH.png

I love it and I love you for making it!! :3 I was just wondering, may I have access to changing this feature? I'd be able to change it as soon as I post the interview; it'd be a lot more convenient considering that I'm currently doing the MofW anyway and you're not always online because you have a life. :P