Sucker

AURORA

it happened quiet is easily one of her best songs. hauntingly beautiful. i honestly don't even know how to describe what that song makes me feel :trisha:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

anybody else think Aurora's releases are super weird sometimes? Exist For Love was the first single for her next album and nothing else has really happened regarding that album and it was released nine months ago, kinda a messy release

15 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

anybody else think Aurora's releases are super weird sometimes? Exist For Love was the first single for her next album and nothing else has really happened regarding that album and it was released nine months ago, kinda a messy release

She had done an interview towards the middle of summer I think where she said the worlds civil climate wasn't right to release music into, as in trying to promote an album and sales when people are fighting for their right to exist, but its been some time since that interview. I think we could all use some Aurora in our lives now. And also Exist for Love is one of the top songs of last year for sure!

12 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

She had done an interview towards the middle of summer I think where she said the worlds civil climate wasn't right to release music into, as in trying to promote an album and sales when people are fighting for their right to exist, but its been some time since that interview. I think we could all use some Aurora in our lives now. And also Exist for Love is one of the top songs of last year for sure!

oh ok, I really respect that, I remember reading something about her saying that sometimes she holds off on releases if something is going on that isnt about her if its not a direct awnser to the issue, because she feels like sometimes its not her voice that should be heard but others and that she should be the one listening. I respect that patience in an artist and like you said, since that was a while ago she'll probably go back to releasing stuff in a more smooth evenly-spaced way. Praying witches is on the album because thats a dope title and she mentioned something witches during that same interview I think. I usually just dont like long releases because it kills the tempo of the project as a whole for me and I like to take it in more fully at once but it makes sense in this case. Glad that she also said its not a Step album like Infections of a Different Kind of Human because I would die if it was (not in a good way)

On 2/1/2021 at 9:18 PM, untilsunrise said:

Praying witches is on the album because thats a dope title and she mentioned something witches during that same interview I think.

it is not!

lABVyGE.png

2 minutes ago, Sucker said:

i know her  :rip: 

OH... youre lucky but dammit witches deserves to be released shes been talking so much about witches recently I thought she was teasing us because the song was going to be released :defeated:there goes my hope for hearing the song ig

3 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

OH... youre lucky but dammit witches deserves to be released shes been talking so much about witches recently I thought she was teasing us because the song was going to be released :defeated:there goes my hope for hearing the song ig

witches is good, but it wouldn't really fit on the new album hahaha. it'd fit on ADKOH tho, but it was one of two tracks that didn't make the final cut, sadly

lABVyGE.png

Oh wow that hook was... a choice. :scoff: 

I don't know about this one. I don't think I've ever disliked an AURORA track before (maybe I was never too fond of Daydreamer or Apple Tree but I didn't dislike them), but Cure for Me sounds... just... odd? The verses are good, but the pre-chorus feels weird with that pitch change, and then you fall into that weird chorus... The bridge really adds to the song, and lyrically I really like it, but I guess I'll just pass for now :eek3:

EDIT: But it's catchy as fuck, I can't get that chorus melody out of my head oh gee.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 1/31/2021 at 8:57 PM, untilsunrise said:

does anybody have any of the unreleased songs Sillhouette, Encrypted Love, or We Were Going To Do That in hq? At least Sillhouette cuz I need her :defeated:I can't find any of these songs anywhere besides lq youtube videos

This is a slightly better quality of Encrypted Love :smile2: it's not HQ, but at least it doesn't have that terrible static in the chorus lmao

https://dbree.org/v/9f157c

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Check this out!

https://shop.aurora-music.com/*/*/Cure-For-Me-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-7/71D90000000

Including an exclusive unreleased single ""Potion For Love"", this limited Cure For Me 7"" Picture disc spins at 45rpm to create a moving image of Aurora from her brand new music video. Capture on phone camera at 30fps in a well-lit room for best results.

4 hours ago, soaringHigh said:

Check this out!

https://shop.aurora-music.com/*/*/Cure-For-Me-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-7/71D90000000

Including an exclusive unreleased single ""Potion For Love"", this limited Cure For Me 7"" Picture disc spins at 45rpm to create a moving image of Aurora from her brand new music video. Capture on phone camera at 30fps in a well-lit room for best results.

aaaaand it's gone :creep:

lABVyGE.png

I like the new song. I get why people dislike that synth riff in the chorus though. It feels familiar but not in a particularly “serious” way, i.e. we associate it with the circus, chaotic comedies, jokey type things, and that makes the song feel less serious on the whole. The verses, prechorus, and bridge are all particularly lovely, though. It doesn’t deter me from being interested in whatever her next large project is. 

it does kinda match the clown-y cover art.