Myriam

Underrated Lana Songs

The title track of Honeymoon!

I feel like people don’t really talk about it that much nowadays and when it came out I remember people dismissed it as “boring” because it was “slow” and “sparse”  but I think it’s a song where her vocals shine and her extra-layered harmonies in the chorus paired with the sweeping strings and plucked guitar chords are so atmospheric! Musical heaven and masterful lyricism at its finest. I think it’s definitely one of her top 5 best songs of all time and that whole record is a career highlight! 

i don't see a lot of Jump appreciation, it's a catchy and funny song and one of my personal favorites from AKA.

besides in the video there's some clips that clearly are an inspiration for West Coast's video!

it's always cool to see how she translates her pre-Lana work into her latest stuff.

Capture.jpg

On 9/4/2020 at 1:51 AM, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like people don’t really talk about it that much nowadays and when it came out I remember people dismissed it as “boring” because it was “slow” and “sparse”  but I think it’s a song where her vocals shine and her extra-layered harmonies in the chorus paired with the sweeping strings and plucked guitar chords are so atmospheric! Musical heaven and masterful lyricism at its finest. I think it’s definitely one of her top 5 best songs of all time and that whole record is a career highlight! 

I broke my lana fast for this song and I’m glad I did. I feel it’s totally underrated in her catalogue. Perhaps THE most cinematic song she’s produced. It’s so hypnotic. The vocal performance, my GOD. 

we are not gonna pretend this isn’t one of her most iconic performances it’s so honeymoon ultraviolence fusion its so perfect:

2 hours ago, domandapiano said:

I broke my lana fast for this song and I’m glad I did. I feel it’s totally underrated in her catalogue. Perhaps THE most cinematic song she’s produced. It’s so hypnotic. The vocal performance, my GOD. 

we are not gonna pretend this isn’t one of her most iconic performances it’s so honeymoon ultraviolence fusion its so perfect:

You couldn’t have said it any better. Honeymoon is undoubtedly a new artistic and spiritual plane for Lana on so many levels that she has yet to parallel - not in a way that pits her songs against each other, but it’s just in its own space. It exists in a universe that we cannot metabolize. I absolutely love it and that BBC Radio 1 performance is such a blessing to have. I listen to that at least once a month because it’s so haunting and the very essence of Lana <3

high by the beach. i know it’s like the most streamed song off honeymoon but it’s such an underrated single by her and i feel like a lot of people dislike it :/ ... that song was the ultimate turning point in lana’s sound and image, up until that point in her career she played the role of the submissive good girl tainted by bad boys and that’s all the gp saw her as but for the first time we see her assert herself in a new light of not needing a man or his money. “you can be a bad motherfucker but that don’t make you a man” is one of her strongest lines ever. the song also has so many little details that make it phenomenal like the reuse of old lyrics and completely switching the meaning of them, the haunting organ and sound of waves in the background.. chilling.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

6 hours ago, new gods said:

high by the beach. i know it’s like the most streamed song off honeymoon but it’s such an underrated single by her and i feel like a lot of people dislike it :/ ... that song was the ultimate turning point in lana’s sound and image, up until that point in her career she played the role of the submissive good girl tainted by bad boys and that’s all the gp saw her as but for the first time we see her assert herself in a new light of not needing a man or his money. “you can be a bad motherfucker but that don’t make you a man” is one of her strongest lines ever. the song also has so many little details that make it phenomenal like the reuse of old lyrics and completely switching the meaning of them, the haunting organ and sound of waves in the background.. chilling.

FACTS :oprah3:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

'Sad Girl' will forever be one of her most underrated songs. This song has so much bravado and I live for its bluesy atmosphere. I've said it on another thread on here before, but had it not been for 'Pretty When You Cry', I think that this moment would've been the album's climax. Most definitely her most intense bridge!

54 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

'Sad Girl' will forever be one of her most underrated songs. This song has so much bravado and I live for its bluesy atmosphere. I've said it on another thread on here before, but had it not been for 'Pretty When You Cry', I think that this moment would've been the album's climax. Most definitely her most intense bridge!

I totally agree with you. It captures perfectly the feeling of having met the man of your dreams, but you're just a lover on the side to him. At the beginning you tell yourself that it's exciting to be his "bonnie on the side" when in reality you want to be more than that and it destroys you. Also, that's why the song goes perfectly with Pretty When You Cry after. 

On 9/4/2020 at 1:51 AM, IanadeIrey said:

for sure– one of her moodiest, most evocative songs, it just transports me every single time i hear it. lana is so good at conjuring rich emotional textures in general, but this song is one of the best examples of how fully she can conjure a world through sound. wish she'd perform it live more often– i love the way the string arrangement get translated through the guitar.

aOaIzH2.gif