Myriam

Underrated Lana Songs

On 9/30/2020 at 9:40 AM, MAX DEL REY said:

'Sad Girl' will forever be one of her most underrated songs. This song has so much bravado and I live for its bluesy atmosphere. I've said it on another thread on here before, but had it not been for 'Pretty When You Cry', I think that this moment would've been the album's climax. Most definitely her most intense bridge!

sad girl is such a great song, and something i love about it is how she takes the gloomy, stormy, submissive character, and gives it so much power and intensity. she's empowered by admitting that she is the sad girl, she finds her strength in her sadness, which is something that's definitely not expected, but that's what i like about it.

18 minutes ago, Lemonade Tea said:

Mermaid Motel. I love all her accents! She's such an artist ?

i agree! i absolutely love mermaid motel, and as well as the nkf version, it's such a great song, and also strangely poetic.

WGe8ynS.gif

i've said it before on this thread but Oh Say Can You See is so underrated - how can a song be so haunting yet so comforting at the same time?? it's kinda mysterious and gloomy but so warm and intimate, it literally feels like wandering around a yellow-tinged street at night with someone you love :wub:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

On 10/2/2020 at 10:01 AM, daphnedinkley said:

i've said it before on this thread but Oh Say Can You See is so underrated - how can a song be so haunting yet so comforting at the same time?? it's kinda mysterious and gloomy but so warm and intimate, it literally feels like wandering around a yellow-tinged street at night with someone you love :wub:

this was my late night song for sooo long! <3 

Pawn Shop Blues! I have to admit even I overlooked this for such a long time before it autoplayed after another video recently and I properly listened to it. I was soooo struck by the soft guitar and very earnest lyrics before being taken by the really quasi-romantic accompaniment. My favourite line is "I don't mind living on bread and oranges" since it follows up the idea of living so low below the poverty line that she traded in something so special and decadent (her earrings) because she needed to move on so quickly. And the bridge! The synths mixed with the strings, the mandolin and the accordion are surprisingly inspired choices to back up her resolute attitude - "I can do this once more - no man can keep me together". What a special, sad little song.

Alarming to think that it's followed with stripper rave Brite Lites. :fabcat:

3lfQEhw.png

I Can Fly is underrated!!! I've never seen someone on her talking about it.

The song is so beautiful and I really love the cinematic istrumental outro and the strings & drums in it

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I Can Fly is underrated!!! I've never seen someone on her talking about it.

The song is so beautiful and I really love the cinematic istrumental outro and the strings & drums in it

Love these lyrics on that song:

• I've got things to tell you like I KNOW THAT YOU'RE A LIAR! (also, the oboe playing behind??? BIZARRE AND WONDERFUL!)
  • You had me caged up like a bird in MIDSUMMER
  • Running fast from something with my eyes wide like SAUCERS SPINNING IN THE SUN
  • Your lies were hot kisses in the summer
  • Dreaming of the water where I'd rise like a phoenix
  • You had me so tied up, thinking there's no other! Yeah, right! YEAH RIGHT!!

Such a banger. I think it would've benefited from being like 5% faster in its tempo but it's a really cool song, and showcases a good mix of the cinematic orchestration with her multi-layered vocals.

3lfQEhw.png

10 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

reminder that I Can Fly's outro merges perfectly with Bel Air's intro (at least from what I've tried) :ma:

Wha? They're different tempo, keys, and time signatures? I am intrigued but can't hear it. :thirst:

3lfQEhw.png

-The Ocean I love the "Don't trust anyone" whispers.

-Your Girl I wish this would have replaced Guns n Roses on Ultraviolence but I still love UV as it is!

-Meet me in the pale moonlight Cute, fun, catchy lil bop. Hello-o-o you are lookin' so fine, so fine :party: