Fluorine

Charli XCX

i have a charli song stuck in my head but i can’t think of the song. i hear it in charlis voice so i think it’s her. but i hear like “pleased to ....please do remind me” something like that. these things usually come to me like a couple of days later but if anyone thinks of something reply :) 

some of us still aren’t over xcx world and that’s okay lol

I don’t think her career would have ended if it was released like imagine how iconic 2017 would have been getting both N1A and xcx world in the same year

also it’s worth nothing that everyone bases their opinions of xcx world off the BFY/fanmade tracklist when in reality it could have been released with even better songs (daddy knows + songs we’ve never even heard before)

XCX WORLD: The Lost Era

@Voignamir Super Ultra was that bitch bumping in my 2012 bedroom at 10 pm. What a fucking era. Brings me back.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

42 minutes ago, XCX1999 said:

some of us still aren’t over xcx world and that’s okay lol

I don’t think her career would have ended if it was released like imagine how iconic 2017 would have been getting both N1A and xcx world in the same year

also it’s worth nothing that everyone bases their opinions of xcx world off the BFY/fanmade tracklist when in reality it could have been released with even better songs (daddy knows + songs we’ve never even heard before)

2017 WAS iconic because we got both N1A & Pop 2 in the same year though :party:

as much as I love pop 2, I’d rather xcx world have been officially released like her and sophie clearly put so much work into those songs that it’s such a shame most of them were scrapped

maybe I’m just saying this cause I’m such a huge fan of sophie too and the songs on xcx world are what got me into charli in the first place

If XCX World never got scrapped she would’ve probs been forced to put more radio friendly songs on there like Boys, n we wouldn’t have Pop 2. I mentioned this before but XCX World leaking and getting scrapped was a blessing in disguise. She wouldn’t have the impact and cult-ish fanbase she has now, and she def wouldn’t have been allowed to drop an album like HIFN, especially not right after she dropped her previous album (which she wouldn’t even be allowed to drop either). A lot of “””hyperpop””” artists also wouldn’t be doing what they’re doing right now. A lot of fans wouldn’t be where they’re at right now, since her music def brought people together and even fully changed lives cause, yknow, butterfly effect. She would be seen as a flop trying to get a hit, her career would be over. Yes she’d still have some of her loyal fans but it wouldn’t be the same. XCX World getting scrapped is probs the best thing that could’ve happend to her career.

qfrWuBl.png

it's nice to see that everyone's opinion on her discography is so mixed. i actually think that her albums, including xcx world, aged like wine. for me, the only songs that aged like milk are red balloon, boys and blame it on your love (not because of the song itself, but we already had the superior version of it)

While I agree that it was probably for the best that XCX World was scrapped, let’s not act like “her career would be over” had it been released.. :flop: 

it’s possible that the potential commercial flop could have slowed down her career / cult success, but let’s not forget how quickly Charli has always bounced back from any point in her career; always moving forward. She would have become a cult icon either way. :legend: 

14417469274.gif

I think in the long run, it was for the best... there was a lot of hype in the fanbase coming off of her time in the limelight with all of her early hits/Sucker and then that combined with how bonkers Vroom Vroom was... there was a lot of potential for an outstanding pop era of crazy proportions.

So the longer time went without anything being dropped and the live teases she did of new songs throughout 2016, it was just FEEDING the hype, fans became stans just looking for anything and everything, myself included :toofunny: .... I think the situation really (somewhat unintentionally), built up a lot of the hype around her, mystique around certain songs (I really took to Round & Round, Up N Down, No Angel, Taxi)... but then by the time the mixtapes came out, they took on somewhat of a different and more alternative shape, but it’s all put her into this “new light”, and on a different path. A lot of lyrical themes stayed, almost creating her own “lore” as an artist.

She’s “meta” lol and would it have been that way had XCX World just dropped on time and without a hitch? I really don’t think so. She’d probably be just another pop girl that the majority of people would love to hate (and maybe not, since everything she does is coming through the lens of Charli regardless, nothing has really ever changed there) but that is what tends to happen to artists in the limelight. Lots of exposure, lots of hate... But now, her artistry is THEE XCX World! She has a very strong fanbase for what it is, that kind of just built organically through the ups and downs... but it’s made everything all the better. I think she’s inspired a lot of people in the last few years, like that 100 gecs remix album... tell me that doesn’t look exactly like a Charli mixtape tracklist! It’s the very scene she’s had a big hand in cultivating.

Now I just wish the GP would warm up to what she’s doing now. It’s just unfortunately, I think her music and the culture she brings along with it requires a certain level of open mindedness that a lot of people just simply don’t have. It’s like she’s broken the glass ceiling, so to speak, where most people still look at what’s “in the box.” But these are now all big reasons why, to me, she’s the best pop artist I’ve ever seen. It’s the willingness she has to stand up for her vision, and come at us from a different angle, and try new sounds, and do something exciting and subversive. Move the needle. It’s exactly what most people claim to want in a pop artist, but they don’t have a grasp on the overall scope to really see it, or appreciate it when it comes.

do u guys think it’s likely she’ll work with sophie again? the charli songs I listen to the most are all sophie produced like there’s just something about the stuff they create together that’s so amazing

I think charli is at her best when she’s working with both sophie and noonie, it’s a shame she’s not worked with either of them for a while now

1 minute ago, XCX1999 said:

do u guys think it’s likely she’ll work with sophie again? the charli songs I listen to the most are all sophie produced like there’s just something about the stuff they create together that’s so amazing

I think charli is at her best when she’s working with both sophie and noonie, it’s a shame she’s not worked with either of them for a while now

definitely not, i think charli doesnt want to do pc anymore especially after the 1-2-3-4-5 punch of vv, n1a, pop 2, charli, and hifn; at least i hope so. i really want her to try new things and work with new people more than anything

6 minutes ago, LiFELiNE said:

definitely not, i think charli doesnt want to do pc anymore especially after the 1-2-3-4-5 punch of vv, n1a, pop 2, charli, and hifn; at least i hope so. i really want her to try new things and work with new people more than anything

I miss her more darker and structured work on True Romance/Super Ultra.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

16 minutes ago, LiFELiNE said:

Considering she reached out Alice Gas and allegedly is working more with Gupi, I think it's safe to say that we're not entirely leaving the PC sound. I think we'll get more stuff that sounds like Anthems and Visions. Also the fact that she's reworking Sticky means that if it's released, SOPHIE will probably have some credits on the song

1 hour ago, White Dress said:

Considering she reached out Alice Gas and allegedly is working more with Gupi, I think it's safe to say that we're not entirely leaving the PC sound. I think we'll get more stuff that sounds like Anthems and Visions. Also the fact that she's reworking Sticky means that if it's released, SOPHIE will probably have some credits on the song

Agreed, she definitely isn't abandoning the PC sound but she might switch it up! Plus I believe AG is still creative director for the Janet album so I'm assuming he produced a large chunk of the album (thus making it inherently PC Music)