Fluorine

Charli XCX

8 hours ago, nuclear angel said:

gupi is literally amazing

no idea who they are? what music did they do?

personally i think Charli can work with anyone, i mean just look at that HIFN co producer who made Banks third album.... lol

On 11/22/2020 at 9:31 AM, TrashMagiq said:

If XCX World never got scrapped she would’ve probs been forced to put more radio friendly songs on there like Boys, n we wouldn’t have Pop 2. I mentioned this before but XCX World leaking and getting scrapped was a blessing in disguise. She wouldn’t have the impact and cult-ish fanbase she has now, and she def wouldn’t have been allowed to drop an album like HIFN, especially not right after she dropped her previous album (which she wouldn’t even be allowed to drop either). A lot of “””hyperpop””” artists also wouldn’t be doing what they’re doing right now. A lot of fans wouldn’t be where they’re at right now, since her music def brought people together and even fully changed lives cause, yknow, butterfly effect. She would be seen as a flop trying to get a hit, her career would be over. Yes she’d still have some of her loyal fans but it wouldn’t be the same. XCX World getting scrapped is probs the best thing that could’ve happend to her career.

Late to this party but really, Pop2 definitely started Hyperpop.

Imagine artists like Dorian, Tommy Cash, MO, Pabllo, Troye and Caroline that did a full 180 to what is they're aesthetic/sound today, without the exposure they got on the mixtape. Same for Kim and ALMA, more in a matter of exposure then of sound or image. Carly and Tove were the only two already big enough artists that didn't really get influenced by their involvement in Pop2.

Let's not even talk about the """"wannabes"""" that stemmed from mid 2018 onwards like ThatKid, Jake Germain, Slayyyter, Graveyardguy and the latest acts like fraxiom, umru, gupi, Rico, Shygirl and too many more.

Damn, even looking back at the 2017 EP by the gecs you can feel the dripping influence of Pop2 in 1000gecs & remixes.

Would XCXWorld spark such a movement and have the kind of legacy Pop2 has? Not even a bit, let's be real. And seriously, it  has aged, the type of "not shitty, but still not god tier, just good for nostalgia and mythology factor"

1 hour ago, drewlwhite said:

Late to this party but really, Pop2 definitely started Hyperpop.

Imagine artists like Dorian, Tommy Cash, MO, Pabllo, Troye and Caroline that did a full 180 to what is they're aesthetic/sound today, without the exposure they got on the mixtape. Same for Kim and ALMA, more in a matter of exposure then of sound or image. Carly and Tove were the only two already big enough artists that didn't really get influenced by their involvement in Pop2.

Let's not even talk about the """"wannabes"""" that stemmed from mid 2018 onwards like ThatKid, Jake Germain, Slayyyter, Graveyardguy and the latest acts like fraxiom, umru, gupi, Rico, Shygirl and too many more.

Damn, even looking back at the 2017 EP by the gecs you can feel the dripping influence of Pop2 in 1000gecs & remixes.

Would XCXWorld spark such a movement and have the kind of legacy Pop2 has? Not even a bit, let's be real. And seriously, it  has aged, the type of "not shitty, but still not god tier, just good for nostalgia and mythology factor"

get shygirl's name out your mouth. ALSO ALSO ALSO!!! hyperpop was NOT AT ALL started by pop 2. it was started the moment A.G. founded PCM and then danny l harle, ag, sophie, and even easyfun started making bubblegum bass/eurodance influenced music. THAT was hyperpop. 

SLAYYTER, GRAVEYARDGUY, THAT KID, JAKE GERMAIN, 100 GECS, AYESHA EROTICA. THEY ARE NOT HYPERPOP. THEY NEVER WILL BE. they are simply y2k influenced electropop. not hyperpop at ALL.

hyperpop is a eurodance/bubblegum bass inspired sound and genre. it wasn't started by charli however she did popularize it. give credit to AG, easyfun, danny l harle, and sophie. they're the ones who made this sound possible.

HIFN was good, but not as good as self-titled or the other mixtapes imo. She definitely needs a creative break to come up with something fresh and exciting. Although HIFN was made over a month so I understand why it was like that and I know a lot of people loved it and think it's her best. I trust her to come up with something good, but it'd be nice to see what she could do after a longer break and different influences (not just partying and love).

2 hours ago, LiFELiNE said:

get shygirl's name out your mouth. ALSO ALSO ALSO!!! hyperpop was NOT AT ALL started by pop 2. it was started the moment A.G. founded PCM and then danny l harle, ag, sophie, and even easyfun started making bubblegum bass/eurodance influenced music. THAT was hyperpop. 

SLAYYTER, GRAVEYARDGUY, THAT KID, JAKE GERMAIN, 100 GECS, AYESHA EROTICA. THEY ARE NOT HYPERPOP. THEY NEVER WILL BE. they are simply y2k influenced electropop. not hyperpop at ALL.

hyperpop is a eurodance/bubblegum bass inspired sound and genre. it wasn't started by charli however she did popularize it. give credit to AG, easyfun, danny l harle, and sophie. they're the ones who made this sound possible.

Hyperpop is definitely NOT PcMusic as it was intended back then. Pop2, while having some callbacks to early PCM doesn't sound a little bit like it.

Also, lacking some comprehension skills I see, cause I didn't say all those artists are inspired by Pop2 sound, some are and some just borrowed from the aesthetic, like Shygirl since you seem so pressed about her.

All those artists had a very Charli derivative sound and aesthetic when they debuted, obviously and thankfully they evolved past that. Never even mentioned Ayesha but go off. But imma laugh at you saying they're not hyperpop.:lmao: 

"Hyperpop is a genre of pop music which pushes pop tropes and themes to experimental or parodic extremes. It draws on dance and electronic music, and may blend elements of trance, techno, house, emo, punk rock, cloud rap, and hip hop.

If this isn't the description of 100gecs music then i guess we haven't been listening to the same artists.

2 hours ago, LiFELiNE said:

this

2 hours ago, WGFU XCX said:

i know you aren't comparing the album with forever, party 4 u, and detonate to an album with 2 troye sivan threats and a bunch of songs that are essentially the watered down wannabe pop2 the reup reloaded

Yes I am. HIFN is more consistent but self-titled has higher highs.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, moonchild13 said:

Am I the only one who wants Charli to rest for a year at least? Queen has been SERVING BOPS but Queen has to rest, too. I wouldn't mind her next body of work arrive by late 2021. Her material is quite prolific.

well, if she would want that, i'd be up for it for her own well-being, but she's literally said so many times that she's a workaholic and wants to drop music asap when it's ready so it must be hard for her:( hahaha

lABVyGE.png

I'm still expecting her to suddenly announce something before the album ends, I know how very significative this messy year is for her, so I expect her to end it with a BANG.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde