Fluorine

Charli XCX

the way pop 2's 3rd anniversary's in like a week.. that's so wild to me. i still remember listening to Track 10 for the first time not being sure if my headphones were breaking down or if it was supposed to sound like that ugh revolutionary mixtape

qfrWuBl.png

30 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

the way pop 2's 3rd anniversary's in like a week.. that's so wild to me. i still remember listening to Track 10 for the first time not being sure if my headphones were breaking down or if it was supposed to sound like that ugh revolutionary mixtape

POP 2 was new at the time when I went on a vacation skiing in the mountains and it never fails to remind me of that time. The frigid synths and ambience of Backseat, Lucky, Tears, Unlock It, and Track 10 especially.

And a bonus, the way Dylan Brady’s remix of BIOYL hits like POP 2... amazing. :defeated:

2 hours ago, CyberKid said:

Can she like, do a N1A/Pop2 vinyl restock on her site or something pleaseee.

I can't believe I paid only17$ when I bought it for my bf and now they're selling for 200$:crai:

It's currently the highest value item in my record collection, and to think I thought it was cheap at the time of release. I should've bought two

BzhmW.png

On 12/8/2020 at 3:22 PM, Heartmachine said:

I think Charli’s definitely coming for the locals this time. :defeated: :defeated:

what do you think she'll sound like? like trying to go after sound the general public finds palpable? 

If its anything like 1999 and BIOYL, Boys, im all in!

so excited for what she might show us on her next project!

Spoiler

i hope she sells posters

im not a vinvyl girls myself, hate that the vinyls sometimes come with posters 

8 hours ago, Vulnicura said:

what do you think she'll sound like? like trying to go after sound the general public finds palpable? 

If its anything like 1999 and BIOYL, Boys, im all in!

so excited for what she might show us on her next project!

Reveal hidden contents

i hope she sells posters

im not a vinvyl girls myself, hate that the vinyls sometimes come with posters 

I honestly don’t know what Top 40 Charli even sounds like anymore. I think it’s definitely an effort to be more commercial though. LOL! I just had a thought... it’s a longgggg shot but......... Good Girls music video. :toofunny: :toofunny:

Can you imagine? Quirky, nerdy girl (this look) goes out to party? High production values... It would be hilarious. And those “Planet XCX” blaring synthssss :defeated: :defeated: 

...But it’s most probably not that.

Why the fuck I have the feeling that Charli will suddenly drop something in the upcoming days? So much tease.

A mixtape

A double single

An album

Whatever she's down, I'm down.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

13 minutes ago, Roger said:

Why the fuck I have the feeling that Charli will suddenly drop something in the upcoming days? So much tease.

A mixtape

A double single

An album

Whatever she's down, I'm down.

She ain't Taylor Swift :rollin:

56 minutes ago, Vulture said:

She ain't Taylor Swift :rollin:

Omg I get your point 

But she did it before with N1A, Pop2 and Charli. These three were released almost back to back. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

20 minutes ago, Roger said:

Omg I get your point 

But she did it before with N1A, Pop2 and Charli. These three were released almost back to back. 

Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 were definitely companion records and both released in 2017... But Charli didn't come til 19 months after Pop 2...

1 hour ago, bored said:

Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 were definitely companion records and both released in 2017... But Charli didn't come til 19 months after Pop 2...

Still, thats two albums in one year, so she could pull it off again. 

13 minutes ago, Roger said:

Still, thats two albums in one year, so she could pull it off again. 

But she released those cause she couldn't release an album at all at that time right? (I'm not sure though) 

But yes ugh imagine a Janet mixtape and a 'sell out' album... 

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

But she released those cause she couldn't release an album at all at that time right? (I'm not sure though) 

But yes ugh imagine a Janet mixtape and a 'sell out' album... 

Yeah, it was because her label didn't believe in her vision during 2017, after all, she was the pioneer of Hyper Pop

Omg yes! Also the SOPHIE+A.G. Cook album she schedule to do but she rather made the quarantine one because of the pandemic 

I just can't wait for her to bless us with her next full body of work. 

If someone would've tell me that in 2012 that Charli would be more important in the industry and more successful than Sky Ferreira on 2020, I would've laughed so hard. 

20 minutes ago, Roger said:

If someone would've tell me that in 2012 that Charli would be more important in the industry and more successful than Sky Ferreira on 2020, I would've laughed so hard. 

charli's been more important & successful than sky since 2014 :toofunny:

i love you, but you don't understand me.