Fluorine

Charli XCX

46 minutes ago, abombnd said:

i actually made this shake it edit sometime last year bc quite frankly i can't stand the actual song

i know someone else already used her XXXTC verse so thats not my idea lmfao

where can i find your other edits? i used to have them but lost my files. songs like bottles etc. can you help me? i rlly liked some of them 

33 minutes ago, Imalreadygonebaby said:

@1000Times is there a SOPHIE produced Come To My Party? 

“I didn’t want to make just an album with SOPHIE, and I didn’t want to make just an album with Stargate,” Charli says. “I wanted to make an album with SOPHIE and Stargate. Sure, some of SOPHIE’s records are a little harsh and off-the-wall, but the goal is to be making progressive pop music. Stargate obviously come from a totally different world, but at the same time that’s also their aim, you know? That xylophone on their old Ne-Yo R&B shit, the way the handclaps were programmed? I know people are going to be like, ‘She wanted to make the album with SOPHIE, and her label said, You need to put it with Stargate to make this work.’ But it was never about putting SOPHIE in a pop environment and flattening him out. It was knowing they could bounce really well, in a room together, working to each other’s strengths.”

And they were all in one room — frequently alongside Noonie Bao and BloodPop, the experimental beatmaker turned producer for Justin Bieber — for about five weeks. It was in Los Angeles, at Westlake’s Studio A, the same place Michael Jackson made Thriller. (Currently the only song on the album produced elsewhere was made by the Brian Eno collaborator FRED with contributions from SOPHIE added after the fact.) [After the Afterparty]

Perhaps owing to how fast the album was recorded, the new songs are easily the most straightforward she’s ever made, and the most joyful-sounding too. One with the working title “Come to My Party” is exemplary: its name isn’t some play on words, it’s just a song where Charli invites you to a party. At least a half-dozen hooks and micro-hooks are stacked over the song’s three twinkling minutes, her words memorable if not especially deep. There’s the cheery, chanty part about how we’re all young and full of love; a pseudo-rap bit about working like a young Kardashian; and tag-team climaxes about self-reliance — I do what I wanna do, and I do it my way! — and unity, with an open invitation for all the boys and the barbies to come hang with Charli.

SOPHIE and Stargate serve up clever chord changes to match every section, with flourishes peppered throughout: a chopped-up intro and a robot saying “XCX,” pitched-up background vocals like supportive Tweety birds, and an almost dubsteppy bassline that stretches out at the end. But never is anything but Charli’s voice on top. And what that voice is telling you, more clearly than ever before, is not that complicated. It’s telling you that it’s time to have fun.

https://www.thefader.com/2016/08/16/charli-xcx-cover-story-interview

I only have one version of Summer Love from 2018... how many are there/where can I find them/how should they be labeled? and is Teenage Kicks posted on a previous page real?

BzhmW.png

3 minutes ago, drewby said:

I only have one version of Summer Love from 2018... how many are there/where can I find them/how should they be labeled? and is Teenage Kicks posted on a previous page real?

theres 3 versions of summer love, the one from 2018, the one that leaked on 2020 https://dbree.org/v/45d974 and the one that leaked today https://dbree.org/v/7e37ff and i label them as demo (the one from 2018), v2 (the one from 2020) and final (the one that leaked today)

and teenage kicks is the same as we already had, some people are saying that the verses sound clearer but to me it sounds the same

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

10 minutes ago, nightride said:

theres 3 versions of summer love, the one from 2018, the one that leaked on 2020 https://dbree.org/v/45d974 and the one that leaked today https://dbree.org/v/7e37ff and i label them as demo (the one from 2018), v2 (the one from 2020) and final (the one that leaked today)

and teenage kicks is the same as we already had, some people are saying that the verses sound clearer but to me it sounds the same

Thanks, I never downloaded the 2020 one because the file size was so small compared to the length of the song that I thought it was LQ 

BzhmW.png

4 minutes ago, lovemooch said:

it is confirmed that hey boy hey girl was part of xcx world?

yes, it was one of the songs from the XCX3 sessions 

2 minutes ago, lovemooch said:

it is confirmed that hey boy hey girl was part of xcx world?

it probably was considered at one point but Charli said herself it was scrapped in December 2016. 

The new live songs probably won’t make the record
Charli says she hasn’t settled on a final tracklist yet, but she says the new material she debuted during a recent show likely won’t appear on the album (Exchange). “‘Taxi’ won’t be on the album, ‘No Angel’ might be,” she says. “They’re all demos that didn’t have a home, but we still liked them, so we wanted to play them and put them out in the world.” She thinks some of the songs that don’t make the cut could eventually see the light of day in other forms: “I don’t know how many [songs we recorded], but we did a lot,” Charli says. “It’s cool because we can pitch them [to other artists] or leak all of them or whatever.”

https://ew.com/music/2016/12/22/charli-xcx-new-album-sophie/

1 minute ago, alkolmoldah said:

What was the xcx world tracklist bloom for you posted? Is it that 13 song one?

it was this one if im not mistaken

Charli XCX - Charli | Page 259 | The Popjustice Forum