Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

i still can't understand why atlantic wasn't letting charli release what we know as xcx world back in the day, it was very pop sounding and definitely not her most experimental album, some songs got that pc influence but that's it

sabotage happens a lot in the industry, and the material was STELLAR, they didn’t want her to be a star or probably she didn’t wanted to follor their agenda

4 minutes ago, lovemooch said:

sabotage happens a lot in the industry, and the material was STELLAR, they didn’t want her to be a star or probably she didn’t wanted to follor their agenda

Meh, that's not always the case. I'm sure ATAP being the opposite of a smash and the Bounce performance on Kimmel led to several shelvings and frustrations, which probably led them to putting Charli back in the studio to work on more material. I highly, highly, highly doubt that her very own record label would actively prevent her from "becoming a star," simply because that would just cost them in the end. I'm sure that you're right about Charli not following their agenda in a sense, perhaps more-so in the vein of not being able to come to agreements with the label. Regardless of the case, XCX3 getting shelved was what ultimately gave us N1A/Pop 2, so there's a silver lining.

8V7Yvel.png

i think during and post-sucker, atlantic were still hoping for charli to be the next MPG. they probably got cold feet after ATAP wasn't a hit and were too scared to put the money into releasing, especially bc we know that sophie is an expensive producer. it seems like they've chilled out now, though, and appear to recognise that charli's position as a gay artist is more profitable in the long run

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

i think during and post-sucker, atlantic were still hoping for charli to be the next MPG. they probably got cold feet after ATAP wasn't a hit and were too scared to put the money into releasing, especially bc we know that sophie is an expensive producer. it seems like they've chilled out now, though, and appear to recognise that charli's position as a gay artist is more profitable in the long run

atlantic knows very well how much gays will pay for a banging pots and pans sophie beat with charli vocals:sluttybunny:

charli xcx gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Knowing that she pushed pop 2 & N1A as mixtapes even though she said she sees them still as 'albums' since theyre a body of work, she could've released xcx world as a mixtape, but the hype is dead and gone & there'd be no point rolling out an entire body of work when its already been leaked..

So, last night I had thought about a concept for the scrapped 2018 album.

The title that came into my mind was something like „Parties, Love Stories & Break Up‘s“

The album would be something like a story telling including the 2018 tracks.

the closer would be The Party‘s Never Over and the beginning track would be something upbeat like Dance All Night.

let me know what you think, maybe y‘all can help me with my concept

41 minutes ago, NEXTLIFE said:

So, last night I had thought about a concept for the scrapped 2018 album.

The title that came into my mind was something like „Parties, Love Stories & Break Up‘s“

The album would be something like a story telling including the 2018 tracks.

the closer would be The Party‘s Never Over and the beginning track would be something upbeat like Dance All Night.

let me know what you think, maybe y‘all can help me with my concept

That's actually the same I concept I had in mind when I made this, except I was imagining it as a Charli: Side B, rather than an "independent" album

On 1/14/2021 at 9:51 AM, rodamik said:

ddMVu63.jpg

Charlotte (Charli: Side B)

1. 1000 Times

2. Feel It

3. Don't Call Me

4. Someone New

5. My Heart

6. Next Life

7. Mona Lisa

8. Thrills

9. Purpose

10. Cigarettes & Alcohol

11. The Party's Never Over

12. Toys

13. Liquor

14. My Type Never Felt Better

15. Real Love

12 hours ago, FUTURE NOSTALGIA said:

Imagine getting a finalized XCX World that had a mix of the 24 Hours songs, 2015-2016 Sophie/Stargate/Bloodpop songs, and 2017 songs (Boys, BIOYL, P4U etc.):flutter:

This would have to be like a triple disc or something, because of the amount of songs we got!

I divided it into 24h, Vroom Vroom (and its scrapped sessions), XCX World (the most famous fanmade track listing we have), and other sessions. It makes like 4 albums of these sessions alone.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

8 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

i still can't understand why atlantic wasn't letting charli release what we know as xcx world back in the day, it was very pop sounding and definitely not her most experimental album, some songs got that pc influence but that's it

I just don’t think some of the songs sounded quite... there yet ya know?... like they were incomplete or just missing something.

Some just don’t feel as strong. I think “Charli” overall is a much better album to have had come out. But I like the sound she was going for on XCX World. The label might’ve just felt that it wasn’t quite ready... I could see that being the case.

1 hour ago, rodamik said:

That's actually the same I concept I had in mind when I made this, except I was imagining it as a Charli: Side B, rather than an "independent" album

I actually love your concept!

I saw it earlier today, and thought I‘d just copy it since it’s definitely what I imagined too.

@rodamik Wait, how about we add Miss U too? It’s from the Linus sessions too and it would fit perfectly in the spectrum of the concept!

23 minutes ago, NEXTLIFE said:

@rodamik Wait, how about we add Miss U too? It’s from the Linus sessions too and it would fit perfectly in the spectrum of the concept!

I mean, we sure can - but since it’s a side b I was imagining it having the same amount of tracks as Charli, so 15...what could we cut out? I’d love to add Miss U 

1 hour ago, Heartmachine said:

I just don’t think some of the songs sounded quite... there yet ya know?... like they were incomplete or just missing something.

Some just don’t feel as strong. I think “Charli” overall is a much better album to have had come out. But I like the sound she was going for on XCX World. The label might’ve just felt that it wasn’t quite ready... I could see that being the case.

I never understood why Atlantic did not wanted to charli put out XCX world, tagging it as more experimental but next year they let Haykey Kiyoko release expectations (I love that album), but It has lyrics full of lesbian references (I don't have any problems with them)... 

Maybe the worldwide rehearsal of feminism change it?

Or maybe Charli wasn't quite sure herself to put that kind of album out at all cause she said none of the exchange tracks will be out on the album, except for no angel...

And thanks for the ones who clarify to me the fact that the leakers had nothing to do with the over delayed album release (later canceled)